Remove Advertisements

T12 4 Set bonus, is it worth it?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

T12 4 Set bonus, is it worth it?

Postby Seraali » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Ive been at avoidance cap for a while now, and while i still haven't had the luck of winning a shoulder token since Majordomo has decided to be very finicky the last few weeks. I'm trying to think ahead. I usually follow the general idea of what Paragons main paladin tank uses, but this one I'm not quit sold on. Since as a paladin there seems to be no gain for us to be over the avoidance cap like there is warriors with it converting to critical block chance. At 102.4 avoidance in a raid, is it worth it to have the 4 set come up. I get that it would allow me to parry more often for those 10 seconds, but since i already avoid every attack in some way, how is it beneficial with no over the cap gains? Just looking for some feedback as i upgrade my items to heroic pieces.

Thanks

<Seraali> Azjol-Nerub
Seraali

Re: T12 4 Set bonus, is it worth it?

Postby Koatanga » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm

You are at block cap, not avoidance cap.

While you may at worst block every attack, block is still far inferior to parry. When you block, you still take 50%-70% of the incoming damage, depending on Holy Shield, whereas when you parry you take no damage.

The additional parry will push some block off the table, but that's not a bad thing.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Worth "it"? What is "it" in your case -- what is your opportunity cost?

Is having it better than not having it? Yes, assuming you're block capped either way. It turns some reduced damage into outright avoided damage.

Is it worth taking the token away from someone else? I personally don't think so, which is why I haven't taken a token yet -- I think the upgrades for our other Conq token users is larger than the upgrade I would get.

(Also, I'd recommend using the hat for the 4th piece, as the Rag shoulders are a very good piece.)
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Seraali » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:54 pm

We are going to be killing Majordomo on heroic this next week, 2.6 mil wipe tonight. And i know that the tier shoulders are better than the Rag ones until you get the ones from rag on heroic. So i'll just wait until i get the heroic tier shoulders. Since If i get the 4 set before the next raid, ill just follow Lazeil. :D

Thanks for the feedback
Seraali

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice