Riddle me this.. Riddle me that.

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Riddle me this.. Riddle me that.

Postby Dazhbog » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Oh, I love riddle games! I suppose we can skip all the traditional ones and the ones from the Hobbit, etc.

Hmmm...

Here's one I got told a while ago: "Head like a thimble, tail like a rat. You could guess doomsday, but you shouldn't guess that."
Dazhbog

Postby Koatanga » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Dazhbog wrote:Oh, I love riddle games! I suppose we can skip all the traditional ones and the ones from the Hobbit, etc.

Hmmm...

Here's one I got told a while ago: "Head like a thimble, tail like a rat. You could guess doomsday, but you shouldn't guess that."

A comet?

Just a guess - even for a riddle the clue seems pretty vague.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Pfife » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 pm

cakeftw wrote:Imagine you're on a bridge, it starts collapsing from both ends towards the middle where you are, how do you get off the bridge to safety?
Stop imagining

Assuming that by collapsing from both ends would mean that it is not outright dropping, then it has supports based on the ground. Given the nature of the statement, I would assume that I am imagining myself standing on said support in the middle of the bridge. I simply need to wait for the collapse to end, then use any hanging materials to create a new secure structure to the side I need to go to (not necessarily a new bridge).

Invisusira wrote:You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter. Why?

Because you are a small town girl, living in a lonely world (or a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit) and it is the midnight train going anywhere. All you want is to go on a Journey.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby Barathorn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:13 am

A man pushes a car past a greenhouse, explain why?
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Maverick13 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:10 am

it ran out of petrol
Maverick13

Postby Shyrtandros » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 am

Maverick13 wrote:it ran out of petrol

lol :) - he said petrol.

Now I miss visiting the UK.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Maverick13 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:21 am

funnily enough <<< English :P
Maverick13

Postby Invisusira » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:21 am

What have I got in my pocket?
Invisusira

Postby Maverick13 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 am

My precious

EDIT: and yes i know thats not the reply gollum gives :)
Maverick13

Postby Dazhbog » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:20 am

Koatanga wrote:
Dazhbog wrote:Oh, I love riddle games! I suppose we can skip all the traditional ones and the ones from the Hobbit, etc.

Hmmm...

A comet?

Just a guess - even for a riddle the clue seems pretty vague.

Ah, but you -shouldn't- guess doomsday.

:-D
Dazhbog

Postby Mcduffie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Barathorn wrote:A man pushes a car past a greenhouse, explain why?

But that's not a riddle at all. That's a yes or no question.

"Explain why?"
"No"
"Ok"

"Explain why?"
"Ok"
Mcduffie

Postby crazyharry » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:05 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Maverick13 wrote:it ran out of petrol

lol :) - he said petrol.

Now I miss visiting the UK.

If you come back, bring some petrol, its bloody expensive over here.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Invisusira » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:54 am

While exploring the wilderness of Canada, Wild Man Barathorn was captured by hostile frost unicorns. Sabindeus, the powerful Lord of Unicorns, told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be frozen in ice water. If the statement were true, he would be drawn and quartered by moose. Wild Man Barathorn found neither of this options too his liking, so he made a statement that got him out of this seemingly impossible situation. What is the one statement he could have made?
Invisusira

Postby Zobel » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:45 am

Invisusira wrote:While exploring the wilderness of Canada, Wild Man Barathorn was captured by hostile frost unicorns. Sabindeus, the powerful Lord of Unicorns, told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be frozen in ice water. If the statement were true, he would be drawn and quartered by moose. Wild Man Barathorn found neither of this options too his liking, so he made a statement that got him out of this seemingly impossible situation. What is the one statement he could have made?

It looks like you want "I will be frozen in ice water", but the way you've set it up there's nothing to stop them from inflicting both punishments. Also there are many statements that fit the liar paradox, not just one.

So maybe you're looking for "There's no place like home" (while clicking his fabulous heels). Wild men still get to wear heels, right?
Zobel

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:40 am

Zobel wrote:
Invisusira wrote:While exploring the wilderness of Canada, Wild Man Barathorn was captured by hostile frost unicorns. Sabindeus, the powerful Lord of Unicorns, told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be frozen in ice water. If the statement were true, he would be drawn and quartered by moose. Wild Man Barathorn found neither of this options too his liking, so he made a statement that got him out of this seemingly impossible situation. What is the one statement he could have made?

It looks like you want "I will be frozen in ice water", but the way you've set it up there's nothing to stop them from inflicting both punishments. Also there are many statements that fit the liar paradox, not just one.

So maybe you're looking for "There's no place like home" (while clicking his fabulous heels). Wild men still get to wear heels, right?

LOL - veeeerrrrryyy interesting...
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum