Remove Advertisements

[10H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Ragnaros

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:16 am

(MM) hunters, SPs and (frost) dks are all sick aoe for molten elementals. With 4 of those you shouldn't really have much issue with AoEing them down. If possible have one of the hunters make sure to place their pet slightly ahead of the molten elemental pack so the sp can be searing the moment they become damageable. Also perhaps might want to have the SP a bit out of the group so that he can continue to sear spam as they run in - the hunters/dk can all do their AoE fine whilst moving.

That said, a splitting tactic is perfectly viable and nowhere near as complex in 10 man as in 25 man. But with the AoE classes you have available it really shouldn't be a problem to AoE them.
Rhiannon

Postby Adornus » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:37 am

Here's a good tactic that works for P2. At 1 you have a mage - he blinks in and runs with the pack while arcane exploding. At 2 you have the spriest - he goes to the neutral spot and MFs everything down. The rest start at green and run to orange then purple. The healers run past purple, in a straight line between the seeds and the DPS to stop elementals, all the way to the back (to star). The current tank stands in the same line as well, the off tank helps with elementals.

http://bossblueprint.com/php/get.php?img=bqOXRKMLW

Our comp:
Tanks: Warr, Druid
DPS: SV Hunter, MM Hunter, Spreist, Arc Mage, Com Rogue, Ret Pally
Heals: Pally, Druid
Adornus

Postby Cema » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi there.

We have done something like 150 tries and we're currently struggling on P4 on this boss since the beginning of the last timer. P1 P2 P3 have just become trash we don't even use bloodlust in P3 .. but P4 ..

The breadth of frost are really driving me mad, i'm not even able to sleep quietly anymore, it's breaking my nerves

Every single P4 we do is like this :

we bump meteors on the side of the platform and people are spread a bit
breadth of frost spawns
we place ourselves very carefully in 3 corners with 3 groups of 3, north west, north east, south (I'm north west)
MAGMA GEYSER ! Raid is dead

I just don't understand it. I have the feeling that we do the right thing but no we explode every single time. We don't even stand in the blue patch we don't even stand in the white circle we stand on the white spikes like people in rag kill videos on youtube ... and it doesn't work. I'm not even able to tell who is failing or why we are failing ... I'm not able to see where is the mistake and I'm not able to improve. I feel beaten by the game.

Is there anybody with good tips or a solution? Something I didn't see?
Cema

Postby Treck » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 am

It does take a bit of practise to know where to stand with the breadth of frost.
First of all, dont try to "see" where you should be standing if your not 100% sure.
But rather move step by step closer untill your debuff goes away.
Have people using the proximity meter, set it to like 8yards and try to fraps your wipes, this way you can see if there are anyone in your raid who doesnt fully understand the concept (while the range of geyser is 6yars iirc, setting proximity to 8 will ensure you can see who it is. If you are one of the people who are marked with your position, maybe 6 yards is better to make sure you are not linking eachother.)
If even one person runs slightly to close he is going to link the groups together and blow you up.

So eather your doing it wrong, or someone in your raid doesnt fully grasp the concept.
Maybe its the people with meteors who run past the other groups rather than around them aswell?
Maybe the deluge person are trying to stand in it for a few sec aswell before cloudburst shows up?
Treck

Postby Cema » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 am

Thanks for the answer

People with meteors don't run through the raid nor close to us we just let them run burn away <3 but well .. I won't lie sometime they just suck at it and make the meteor come so close to the raid ... wonder if they have a brain
And no the deluge person doesn't try to stand in the breadth, it's a shadowpriest he just uses his cooldown until the cloudburst spawns.
I wonder why he wants to do it since we have a good arcane mage who would be able to move quicker from dreadflame to dreadflame with his improved blink
Cema

Postby fafhrd » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:14 pm

As good a place to ask as any I guess, why is it that in so many 25H videos I see melee on deluge/dreadflame duty? There doesn't seem to be anything particularly favouring melee other than some movement speed abilities, whereas any melee doing it seems likely to do 0 dps, while even a mage would manage slightly more dps. Is there significant need for DR cooldowns like cloak/AMS at some time during it or something?

I don't actually *want* to do it as a hunter, but it definitely seems like I or a DoT caster of some sort would lose the least DPS while doing it.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:44 pm

fafhrd wrote:As good a place to ask as any I guess, why is it that in so many 25H videos I see melee on deluge/dreadflame duty? There doesn't seem to be anything particularly favouring melee other than some movement speed abilities, whereas any melee doing it seems likely to do 0 dps, while even a mage would manage slightly more dps. Is there significant need for DR cooldowns like cloak/AMS at some time during it or something?

I don't actually *want* to do it as a hunter, but it definitely seems like I or a DoT caster of some sort would lose the least DPS while doing it.
It might have something to do with Ragnaros getting rooted away from Breadth's. That would be my guess.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 pm

A lot of people usually have rogues/druids on dreadflame.
Cuz paragon did.
Theres really little advantage having anything but mages on it.
Druids can sprint, but its got CD, but they do have increased movementspeed naturally.
Rogues have sprint, movementspeed and the ability to reset cds or smth.
Shamans dont have a sprint, only fast ghost wholf.
Mages have blink + sprint every 15sec, cant really beat that tbh.
Hunters have speed + disengage.
Shadowpriests really dont have anything do they?

First id prio the people you trust can see stuff.
Meele or ranged, really doesnt matter.
Even ranged people with deluge isnt suppose to do focus on dpsing.
We take for granted the cloudburst people do 0 dmg in p4.
If theres no flames up, obviously you can do some dps, but if you finnish that cast after you know where dreadflame drops, you might make it go out of control by beeing a sec or 2 slow.

The deluge people really only do dps on the meteors, and the first maybe 2nd time when raggy is trapped.
BUT ONLY if they are 100% sure theres no dreadflame growing.
Treck

Postby RedAces » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:03 pm

We had our rogue on dreadflame duty because he couldn't reach ragnaros in his breadth-spot. The tankspot was full with the 2 tanks and the DK, so he either had to wait the whole p4 or do something usefull.
RedAces

Postby timoseewho » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:06 pm

For P3 (with 2-heal), would you guys recommend the groups split like tank/tank/heal/DPS/DPS and heal/DPS/DPS/DPS/DPS, basically with both tanks on one side, or would you recommend having a tank on each side? Thanks.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby RedAces » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:23 pm

We have a designated tank-healer (disci) and she has both tanks on her side and 2 DPS.
RedAces

Postby timoseewho » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:07 pm

RedAces wrote:We have a designated tank-healer (disci) and she has both tanks on her side and 2 DPS.

Alright thanks! And in P4, I was thinking the groups be split up like tank/melee/melee (north), heal/ranged/ranged (west), and heal/tank/ranged (east), with north being where the 'throne' is. I plan on having the 3 groups oriented the same way throughout as opposed to repositioning around the group the current tanking tank is, does that sound valid?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby RedAces » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:32 pm

We had
Tank/Tank/DK
Heal/DPS/DPS
Heal/DPS/DPS

as groups and the 2nd melee on dreadflame duty. Keep in mind that you can't attack him from positions other than the tank's. Maybe there's a cool strategy where you could do things differently, but we used this.
RedAces

Postby Cema » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:50 pm

This screen is dedicated to you Treckie. Thank you for your help. Really thank you.

This was the most epic down I have ever lived. Our MT2 died in the beginning of phase 4 and our restau druid and dk dps had to find their taunt in their spellbook and did the kiting job

Cema

Postby Adornus » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:46 am

Congrats Cema, I hope we're not too far behind. This thread has definitely been discussed quite a bit in our internal guild forums. This community has quite a bit of knowledge that is very helpful.
Adornus

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)