Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Massive Firelands Nerfs Starting Next Week

Postby Threck » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:05 am

Rhiannon wrote:Wrong log-in? o:

lol
Threck

Postby RedAces » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 am

Malthrax wrote:Nobody PUGs, since PUGing doesn't benefit their precious guild.
Nobody PUGs, since they're already locked to their guild's one and only run for the week.
Nobody PUGs, since alts are already committed to guild alt-runs.

Is this some (really well) hidden sarcasm or what? I see many many trade-pugs on our realm (EU-Aman'Thul) and this realm is really far down on progression (we just got Realm First Ragnaros hc). Hell my gf and I we often pug T11 (successfully) and sometimes FL (3-5 Bosses normal).
RedAces

Postby Belloc » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 am

I'm quite happy about these nerfs. I know for a fact that my raid group will never kill heroic Ragnaros at his current difficulty level. It just won't happen! With the nerfs, however, ... who knows?

As far as the other 6 fights go, I'm very satisfied with the thought of nerfing them. Most of the fights aren't all that difficult to begin with, and the fights that actually are hard are only so because of mechanics that strain certain members of the raid group. Don't have a great hunter/frost DK? Sorry 10-man raids, Beth'tilac is going to be much more difficult/impossible for you.

I'm of the opinion that if you can't kill heroic Rag by next week, you probably weren't good enough or didn't care enough. Sorry, but there's a reason that every difficult boss has kills split up between pre-nerf and post-nerf. If you couldn't get 5/7 or 6/7 heroics by next week, the same applies. I'm sitting at 5/7h (missing Beth'tilac) and I know exactly why -- my raid doesn't care enough. We have people that miss raids without telling anyone, we have a hunter that just decided to stop showing up, and we'll probably have an OT/Warlock (me, lol) missing soon, too, if we can't start making progress on Rag after these changes. Guilds that are sitting at 1/7-3/7h? Yeah, why bother complaining? You don't care enough to kill these bosses in a timely fashion... so enjoy the nerfs! Enjoy the quicker farm clears. Enjoy having an easier time clearing with your alts. Enjoy the nerfs -- 4.3 will be plenty hard for you.

Also, I like that these nerfs indicate an earlier arrival for 4.3.
Belloc

Postby Malthrax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 am

Belloc wrote:I'm of the opinion that if you can't kill heroic Rag by next week, you probably weren't good enough or didn't care enough.

Ok, lets have Heroic-mode available for the first lockout only. After all, if you can't kill heroic Deathwing the first week, you probably aren't good enough or don't care enough.
Malthrax

Postby Threck » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:34 am

Malthrax wrote:
Belloc wrote:I'm of the opinion that if you can't kill heroic Rag by next week, you probably weren't good enough or didn't care enough.

Ok, lets have Heroic-mode available for the first lockout only. After all, if you can't kill heroic Deathwing the first week, you probably aren't good enough or don't care enough.

Well, he's already been nerfed, so...

I do find it odd that we have raiders that want it to remain hard, because that's the way they did it, and others who want it to remain hard so they can endlessly pound their head against the wall.
Threck

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:51 am

Malthrax wrote:

Point is, if you havnt killed it by now, you have had 2 months to care.
Also, gear!?
Treck

Postby theckhd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:53 am

I have nothing to say, but feel obligated to post here given the names of the last two posters.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Malthrax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:13 am

Treck wrote:
Malthrax wrote:

Also, gear!?

Who cares about gear? Its just going to be obsolete next patch/raid/tier/expac.

If people want to "see the content", they can wait until next expac when they massively out-gear the instance, walk in, and solo/duo/5-man the fights.

If people want to "defeat the content", they can man-up and do what's necessary to defeat the content as-presented.

edit:
If people want "easy top-end purples", they can go to hell.
Last edited by Malthrax on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malthrax

Postby Mukat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:15 am

Malthrax wrote:If people want "easy purples", they can go to hell.

Or the new 5-mans.
Mukat

Postby Shoju » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:37 am

Mukat wrote:
Malthrax wrote:If people want "easy purples", they can go to hell.

Or the new 5-mans.

Same Difference?
Shoju

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:38 am

Malthrax wrote:
Treck wrote:
Malthrax wrote:Ok, lets have Heroic-mode available for the first lockout only. After all, if you can't kill heroic Deathwing the first week, you probably aren't good enough or don't care enough.

Also, gear!?

I was commenting on the fact that you said the first week of deathwing you should be able to kill him if you care enough :P
I know your comment was with a hint of sarcasm, but so was mine!
Treck

Postby Mannstein » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:38 am

Malthrax wrote:they can go to hell.

Mukat wrote:Or the new 5-mans.
are the same thing
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 am

Treck wrote:
Malthrax wrote:
Treck wrote:Point is, if you havnt killed it by now, you have had 2 months to care.
Also, gear!?

I was commenting on the fact that you said the first week of deathwing you should be able to kill him if you care enough :P
I know your comment was with a hint of sarcasm, but so was mine!

So, if everyone is a carebear, you get free loots and a world first deathwing?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:42 am

theckhd wrote:I have nothing to say, but feel obligated to post here given the names of the last two posters.

Being the unwilling father of this abomination of a handle, I am now feeling pressured to also post for no good reason.
Hear me, theck/threck/treck? This is aaaaaaall your fault!!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Belloc » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:51 am

Malthrax wrote:

Don't be an idiot.

The difference between people like you and I is that I can admit that my group isn't good/doesn't care enough to get heroic Rag down pre-nerf. It's not my fault that other people can't admit it. The content is not being cleared by enough people so it needs to be nerfed.

You might think that the content is fine and doesn't need nerfed, but the fact that it's not being killed by enough players speaks opposite. Guilds that are close might want to continue banging their heads against the wall, but screw them -- there are many more good guilds for whom Ragnaros is simply out of reach. Should they suffer just because people want to get their fancy little pre-nerf kills? If every guild could have pre-nerf kills, there'd be nothing special about them.

If people are so worried about getting pre-nerf kills, maybe they should join guilds that are capable of them.

Malthrax wrote:
Treck wrote:
Malthrax wrote:Ok, lets have Heroic-mode available for the first lockout only. After all, if you can't kill heroic Deathwing the first week, you probably aren't good enough or don't care enough.

Also, gear!?

If people want to "see the content", they can wait until next expac when they massively out-gear the instance, walk in, and solo/duo/5-man the fights.

If people want to "defeat the content", they can man-up and do what's necessary to defeat the content as-presented.

edit:
If people want "easy top-end purples", they can go to hell.

I imagine Treck's "gear" comment was in reference to the "one-week heroic deathwing" comment. You won't be killing Deathwing without farming gear was the point I got from it.

Also, gear doesn't become obsolete just because a new tier is released. All these 391s? Yeah, they'll help guilds kill 4.3 normal and heroic bosses.
Last edited by Belloc on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to General