Censure Buff

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Censure Buff

Postby Treck » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Ocin wrote:Calm down, I'm not going to make a spreadsheet to make a casual observation that our DPS is a little lower than other tank's in normal 10 man gear vs. 25H gear and that the censure buff isn't welcome.

EDIT: I had to go in 5 pages in before 1 paladin tank showed up on 10 man heroic and then 2 more showed up on page 7. There were also blood DK tanks that showed up on page 4, not to mention blood DKs are apparently struggling to survive on heroic encounters and may not be equally represented.

I am calm.
There was no rage, hatred or frustration ment in my post.

Your "normal 10 man gear vs. 25H gear", thats one way of putting it to make it seem like a bigger gap than it is, since it is in fact only a normal vs heroic related issue.
Im not saying at all that the Censure buff is unwelcome, i care very much about my dps and strive to increase it whereever i can.
I just dont feel its going to impact Alysrazor much at all.

And yes, it is true that among the highest dpsers on Alysrazor, theres multiple Warriors, DKs and Druids before the first paladin shows up.
And as PsiVen said, look at the parses.
All top 10tanks are solotanking the encounter.
And paladins have very weak 2target damage, compared to warriors who have a lot more, DKs have one of their main abilities automaticly cleaving, and druids have heavy CD making them do insane aoe dmg, what do we have? Bouncing shield that does slightly more dmg on 2 than glyphed on one, and sure hammer isnt all that bad eather.
Also, IF i wanted to do a highscore on Alysrazor, id ask my guild never to touch my add aswell, and you would obviously wanna solotank them both, and i really dont see that happening.
In 25man hc, the tanks above 100k dps are: 7 Warriors, 4 Druids, 2 paladins and 0 DKs (every kill using 2x Tanks, a few having one of the tanks dying and the 2nd tank picking it up, hence higher than normal dps)
But all in all, all classes beeing within 10% of eachothers damage, id hardly call that unbalanced or anything.
Treck

Postby Fetzie » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:15 pm

I know this is just a "sample of one", and thus not really statistically significant, but this is the dps of myself and our warrior tank on our latest Alysrazor heroic kill (10h)

For what it is worth, we are about the same.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby RedAces » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:30 pm

It's possible to solotank both adds on 25H? wow thats impressive!
RedAces

Postby Treck » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:42 pm

RedAces wrote:It's possible to solotank both adds on 25H? wow thats impressive!

I wouldnt say its impossible, but i honestly dont think many even try.
The discussion we had about solotanking was exclusivly for 10man normal.
Its possible some do it on 10hc or 25man normal, but i dont know of anyone who does it.
The warrior with the most dps has his co-tank dying at some point so he has to pick it up, tanking 2 adds for a while is very doable, but it gets very frustrating during firestorms.
Its also very doable if you have your mages/lock/moonkins/shadowpriests (whoever flies in the air) to help you kill the adds, as they do a lof of damage.
Has happened quite a few times one tank dies and the otherone has to pick both up for a little while.
Treck

Previous

Return to General