Skyrim Collectors Edition

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Skyrim Collectors Edition

Postby Thalia » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:47 am

If you really want it make sure to Pre-Order:

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/ ... -that-box/

OMG are they fitting a mini horse in that box!?
Thalia

Re: Skyrim Collectors Edition

Postby Tandors » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:20 pm

Its pretty tempting but for $150, I think I will pass. Now what I do want is to try to buy one of those 7' plastic statues stores are getting for the release. Myabe after a few weeks some stores will be throwing them away and I can swoop in and buy one. I would gladly spend the extra $100 on that rather than the 12" one in the collector's edition.
Tandors

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:53 am

Never heard of "Skyrim"
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Thalia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:37 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Never heard of "Skyrim"

If you are a fan of Elder Scrolls you should have heard about it, if not, well it's freaking amazing!
Thalia

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Thalia wrote:

If you are a fan of Elder Scrolls you should have heard about it, if not, well it's freaking amazing!

I have heard of Elder Scrolls but I can say that I have never played it.. I was told it was kind of like 1 player Neverwinter Nights and a few games similer to that.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Thalia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:
Thalia wrote:

I have heard of Elder Scrolls but I can say that I have never played it.. I was told it was kind of like 1 player Neverwinter Nights and a few games similer to that.

It's a lot more than that...it's like you are really in your own world. Everything is so detailed, you can run by a flower and pick it and then go to your home and use it on alchemy. Your actions have consequences. You can take over towns, murder everyone if you want, or be a hero, be the best thief in the world and steal from kings and sorcerers..be a vampire...so many stories you have to play it more than a few times, and every time you play it takes weeks and months to complete a path you want, if you choose to explore. That is in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is the new one coming out and from everything I've read and seen it's so much better. Here is a link to one of there better trailer and their website:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53441/The-El ... play-Demo/ Game Play Demo

http://www.elderscrolls.com/

P.S. has some decent music too
Thalia

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:51 pm

I think the only thing that has kept me away from Elder Scrolls is I know that it has several games and so on and I've always felt like if I don't start a series from the beginning I either 1) will not understand the lore / story or 2) will be robbing myself of the true experience of the game.

I read a tad bit earlier about Skyrim and it's something like 200 years after everything else so I'm guessing a new person could easily start up without missing much.

So I guess the game would be like a combination of Fable + Neverwinter Nights then?
Shyrtandros

Postby Thalia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Well also about so much interactive opportunities, throughout Oblivion I found plenty of books in dungeons, stores, peoples houses, and randomly and many of them dealt with the history of and information on Tamriel, which is the continent that holds all the nation states that the Elder Scrolls has focused it series on.

So that's part of the reason why I think it takes forever to play this game...you can read novels in it lol

I guess you can say its a mix of those two, with the complete freedom to have non-linear gameplay if you choose. Still it doesn't do it justice...wish I had a better comparison.
Thalia

Postby Tandors » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Also, the games don't build on each other that much that you NEED to know what happened before. I think Skyrim is supposed to take place a few hundred years after Oblivion so I can't see anything major being missed by not having played it. Even Morrowind to Oblivion where there is much less of a time gap, there is nothing missed by not playing Morrowind. Its like the Fallout series. There is some overlap in terms of lore from game to game, but each game is completely understandable and incredibly enjoyable even if it is your first time to the series.

By the way, if the game play of Skyrim is anywhere near as good as the trailer was and all of the videos make it out to be, it will be the best game of the decade imo.
Tandors

Postby Santcuff » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm very tempted to buy Oblivion since it is getting really hard to wait for Skirim.

Is it still worth it to buy it now?
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Thalia » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Santcuff wrote:I'm very tempted to buy Oblivion since it is getting really hard to wait for Skirim.

Is it still worth it to buy it now?

Ya IMO you can buy packaged deals with all the expansions and extras for cheap.

Most fun I had was with the thieves guild...I broke into everywhere and stoles everything. I mean that's how I was able to afford houses in every city and they where all pimped out.

Aergis said the most fun he had was becoming a vampire and joining the Dark Brotherhood of Assassins.
Thalia

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:I think the only thing that has kept me away from Elder Scrolls is I know that it has several games and so on and I've always felt like if I don't start a series from the beginning I either 1) will not understand the lore / story or 2) will be robbing myself of the true experience of the game.

I read a tad bit earlier about Skyrim and it's something like 200 years after everything else so I'm guessing a new person could easily start up without missing much.

So I guess the game would be like a combination of Fable + Neverwinter Nights then?

As has been said, most of the earlier lore is covered in the many, many books you find in the games.

I do hav Morrowind, but I never get far in it because I get distracted doing lots of side stuff then lose interest.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Tandors » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Oblivion is still a great game and definitely worth buying. I really enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood more than any other quest line in that game. My only suggestion is to avoid the main quest line for as long as possible as it really is the worst part. I don't want to spoil anything but it gets repetitive really quickly.
Tandors

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:43 am

I'm going to have to stop reading these threads about games I don't have...

Reason: 2 or 3 times now i've gone out and bought a game I would never have bought if it wasn't for the feedback on Maintankadin.. lol

ZO MAH GOSH!!! Y'all are expensive!! ;)
Shyrtandros

Postby Shyrtandros » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 am

I'm considering buying that Oblivion game. (Damn y'all always get me hooked to new games)

Should I get it for PC or XBOX? I think if I download steam they sell some mega pack with like a dozen DLC's or something..
Shyrtandros

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum