Remove Advertisements

CTC calculator spreadsheet

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

CTC calculator spreadsheet

Postby Rhidach » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:23 pm

(Forgive me if this is the wrong place, didn't seem to exactly fit in the Addons forum.)

I've been featuring this on my blog for a while now, but I'd like to share this with a wider audience (and possibly get some suggestions/criticism). I made a spreadsheet that calculates combat table coverage, both for the value of a specific item, and for a raid-buffed situation so you can plot out gearing outside of a raid.

Here's a link to where you can download it.

The way it works is you first plug into the sheet your non-base, non-diminished dodge and parry (you get this by mousing over your dodge/parry numbers on your armory page and take the "y" number from the "rating of x adds y% chance" statement).

They then gets run through the DR wringer. In the next section you can plug in the values for an item you're evaluating and the sheet will show how much CTC the item is worth while taking your dodge/parry DR into account.

Further down the sheet, you can select any buffs you want to add to your total, and plug in your total block as well. You'll then get your total CTC percent (base values and miss are added in at this point), as well as how close or far over the 102.4% magic number you are.

If over 102.4%, the sheet will tell you how much mastery rating you can shed, and how much stamina that would convert to using the ratio of 40:60 pure mastery gem:pure stamina gem.

It's not pretty, but it gets the job done. Hopefully it'll be a nice help!
Righteous Defense - Tankadin Blog
Rhidach

Re: CTC calculator spreadsheet

Postby Meloree » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:26 pm

It works, I like it. And I don't get hassled for having spreadsheets open at work.

I think the dodge/parry thing is slightly unintuitive, if there's any kind of way to enter the numbers as ratings or "read right off the armory page" it might be slightly easier to work with than the "undiminished number from the tooltip".

But I love that it tells me how much mastery to get rid of without having to do any of that tricksy maths.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:10 am

Meloree wrote:I think the dodge/parry thing is slightly unintuitive, if there's any kind of way to enter the numbers as ratings or "read right off the armory page" it might be slightly easier to work with than the "undiminished number from the tooltip".

You can alter and make a copy easy.

Drag C5 to E5
Drag C7 to E7

(Dragging the cells changes formulae that uses them, can't copy/paste)

E5 =
Code: Select all
=C5/176.7189

E7 =
Code: Select all
=C7/176.7189

Stick your ratings in C5 and C7. With no ratings you will get #DIV/0! but works fine otherwise.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Ardrhyst » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 am

Seems useful. Could you add in a buff option to factor in Windwalk procs? I realize it can be done manually, but it would be a nice thing to streamline.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Vrimmel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:40 am

I'm a little confused as to which values to input. Is it only the amount you get from gear ratings from gear + base value?
Vrimmel

Postby Lathdari » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks: that's very useful. If I could make a couple of suggestions: you might want to consider adding an option for the parry food buff, and it would be helpful, if I'm under the block cap, if it told me how much mastery I need to acquire to reach it.
Lathdari

Postby Booter1218 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:45 pm

I used lythac's alterations...seemed to make the spreadsheet a lot easier to work with in terms of calcing total CTC :)
Booter1218

Postby Rhidach » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I made a quick revision to it today to change inputs to require ratings rather than the undiminished percents. I'll tackle the other suggestions in my next update!
Righteous Defense - Tankadin Blog
Rhidach

Postby Alantor » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Amazing, thank you for the great work.
Alantor

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice