[10H] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Ragnaros

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 am

They also nerfed phase 2 add health and the meteor spawn timer, from what I understand. That last one, however, might just be an effect of the reduced health. Time will tell!
Belloc

Postby Treck » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:52 am

I really dont get why they would increase the meteor spawn timer aswell as nerfing his HP.
The health nerf makes it faceroll to get 2 meteors, and thats a breaking point for the fight.
Then ontop of that also increasing the meteor timers? Feels like a bit to much.

Inc 0 meteors with BiS gear! :P
Treck

Postby Adornus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Treck wrote:I really dont get why they would increase the meteor spawn timer aswell as nerfing his HP.
The health nerf makes it faceroll to get 2 meteors, and thats a breaking point for the fight.

I do wonder if the strat now is for hero in P3 just to force one meteor. If that's the case, much easier fight as it will make P4 exponentially easier.
Adornus

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Adornus wrote:
Treck wrote:I really dont get why they would increase the meteor spawn timer aswell as nerfing his HP.

I do wonder if the strat now is for hero in P3 just to force one meteor. If that's the case, much easier fight as it will make P4 exponentially easier.

Er, doesn't everyone hero in p3 anyway? :s
Rhiannon

Postby Treck » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Yeh, i dont think theres any kill (atleast in 25man) that involves hero in any other phase :P
(maybe an early one to finnish the Scions faster, but still)

Noticed the Meteor timer was NOT changed.
P4 is a joke tho ;(
If people stay alive, dreadflame should never go out of control.
We had a terrible kill today with 6meele dying off BEFORE the first meteor was killed in p4.
STILL killed it before Dreadflames went out of control, went "bad" close to when he died, but OT DCd twice, meteors was terrible and ofc all the meele dead early :P

I dont think 0 meteors will be doable anytime soon, if ever before t12.
With 3 healers maybe, or maybe even 2 now ^^
Were still running with 5, p4 is a LOT easier with 5 healers than 3, and pretty sure most guilds will start using atleast 4 if they wernt already, and likely even go up to 5 if p4 is a problem.
Treck

Postby PsiVen » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Did the hotfix go live for EU/KR before the weekly reset? There's still a huge discrepancy of heroic Rag kills on US servers; I'm guessing most guilds just didn't reclear in time for it.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby RedAces » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:36 am

We raided till 11 pm GMT+1 and didn't notice any hotfix, it's gone live during maintenance I guess.
RedAces

Postby Treck » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:36 am

It was "hotfixed" on US servers, so not every server does have to have gotten the nerf applied yet, for some it might require a instance server restart.
As for EU servers, it was applied before Maintenance was done, so i beleave every EU server should have it.
Treck

Postby fafhrd » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:00 am

It was definitely active for us all of last night on Eredar US.

Busy wiping to mishandling P3, then being annoyed at our tank playing wow at Starbucks and being kicked out at 10 every night because they close -.-
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby timoseewho » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:55 am

Besides the meteors being far away from where Ragnaros spawns in P4, what's the advantage to kiting them to the entrance during the P3->P4 transition? After splitting the raid up in 3 groups of 3, how do you manage which group stands where in the Breadth of Frost? I was thinking to have a north, west, and east group, with north being the 'throne' side of the room where Ragnaros spawns and just keeping that formation for every breadth, does anyone have any better ideas?
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Treck » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

You wanna kite the Meteors as far away as possible so you get a few more seconds before you have to run with them.
We have ranged knocking them back for the first 20sec in p4 so they come even slower towards us.

About standing on the breadth, its easiest to always keep the same orientation.
Mark one person in each group and have the others in that group follow him makes it pretty easy (as long as he does it good).
If you keep the same orientation, you always know automaticly where to stand without having to bother about the other 2 groups to come in position.
We use North, southwest, southeast just like you said.
Treck

Postby timoseewho » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks Treck! Does anyone have a video (preferably 10-man) of a PoV from someone on the Dreadflame duty hehe? I've seen a few but none from the guy/gal doing that.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
timoseewho

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Treck wrote:I think they could have nerfed him slightly a few times, wonder how many kills were gonna see this week, its a big failure from blizz side if the number doubles up from about 50 pre "nerf".

We're already up to 108 or so, roughly half way through the reset, compared to 60 pre-nerf, so it's fairly likely the nerfs will at least double the number of kills this ID. I'm thinking 200 by the end of next reset! I almost prefer the ICC zone buff to this kind of extreme encounter re-balancing, honestly.

timoseewho wrote:Thanks Treck! Does anyone have a video (preferably 10-man) of a PoV from someone on the Dreadflame duty hehe? I've seen a few but none from the guy/gal doing that.

If a 25 man PoV's any use to you, you can check our hunter's video showing dreadflame in p4. Dreadflame management is ofc quite different in 10 though.
Rhiannon

Postby timoseewho » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks for that, definitely looking forward to putting out some fires.
timoseewho

Postby Adornus » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:36 am

We're still struggling with P2. Here is our makeup (granted, we didn't have our mage for the couple of pulls last night).

Tanks:
Warr
Druid

Healers:
Druid
Pally (me)

DPS:
Hunter
Hunter
Mage
Rogue/DK/EnhSham/Ret (pick 2)
Spriest

We're having a bitch of a time coming up with a comp/strat that works for the molten elementals. We were going to try the AoE with the mage out, but we didn't have him last night so we tried it with a ret. That didn't work. We also may try the group up in middle for seeds then spread tactic. Thoughts?
Adornus

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)