[resto-shaman] Help looking over a Log.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

[resto-shaman] Help looking over a Log.

Postby Shoju » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:16 am

I'm looking for someone with a good grasp on Resto Shaman, and a good grasp on digesting Parses. I would like them to critique my healing from this log.

I'm looking for someone to discuss the healing done by Shojin on the Baleroc kill. Not the other 2 healers, not the other parts of the log. I can handle that. I'm specifically looking for someone who can look at this and give me suggestions for improvement.
Shoju

Re: [resto-shaman] Help looking over a Log.

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:12 am

While I don't have direct experience with Baleroc, I'll be happy to look it over from a general shaman perspective.

General Notes:

- Unleash Life usage was extremely low. Cheap instant heal that will help you get shard stacks more quickly. Also, it's a buff to your next spell so when you have the stacks and have to switch to tank healing, try to line a GHeal up after you hit Unleash Life. Bonus points for Unleash Life + Nature's Swiftness + GHeal after a Decimation. With how mastery works, it's going to be a very very large heal. If you're worried about burning a stack, cast it on somebody else and then hit the tank with the buffed GHealing Wave.

- Riptide up time was good at ~96%. Not great but not abysmal either. Having it rolling on tanks at all times is something to strive for. One of the main reasons I like to have it always rolling is the Ancestral Fortitude buff since the HoTs can keep up the mitigation buff almost permanently.

- Healing Wave v. GHealing Wave - Not sure if you were worried about mana or just didn't need to cast GHeal but don't be afraid to weave in more GHealing Waves. It scales really well and not incredibly mana intensive if you're not spamming it.

- Earth Shield uptime wasn't bad either but it might be better placed on the shard tank instead of the main tank given the inflated health pools and how Earth Shield doesn't scale with your stacks.

- Looks like mana wasn't an issue but try to get into the habit of dropping Mana Tide Totem early and often. I hit mine at about 80% regardless of how the fight is going as it will insure me that I can have it again at some point in the fight.

- You maintained your Riptide haste buff almost perfectly so nice job on that.

- Since the damage on that fight is limited to just a handful of people, try to have the shard soakers and your tanks all in the same group with you so that they get the benefit of your Healing Stream Totem. It won't do much for the tank really but it should help stabilize the shard soakers since it's a perma-HoT. I always have to remind my RL that I need to be put in the right group.

- While I absolutely hate Healing Surge, it can be useful on this fight to stack your buffs early. It didn't look like you needed it but if you're in a pinch, don't be afraid to put it on your bars for this fight.

I'm sure others will have some good/better input than mine.
Last edited by Cogglamp on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks for the write up. i will be looking it over, and seeing what I can do to incorporate what you point out. One thing I will say, is that we use all of our dps as "shard tanks". the Spriest takes the first shard with SLT backup to get the stacks up, and then from there, it is all about the rotation. It would probably be beneficial thought to put the shaman in a group with 4 dpsers.

I ended up on tank healing duty because our 'more geared' shaman (emarkham) was on the road, and his connection was lagtastic.
Shoju

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:02 am

MORE DOTS MORE DOTS.

;)
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes