Righteous Fury - bug post 4.2 hotfix

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Righteous Fury - bug post 4.2 hotfix

Postby earanduin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Anyone else notice that the 500% threat modifier to Righteous Fury implemented in a recent hotfix is NOT active until it is RECAST ? My druid co-tank's threat gen seemed to dwarf my own in many situations and had me scratching my head. Then I purposefully clicked off RF, then recast it .... dramatic effects. If you have not done so then you may want to.

On an aside, my healers generally complain that I take too much damage relative to my druid co-tank. This has been noticed throughout FL encounters. Since the RF issue posted above I've wondered what could explain this finding. I gone through WoL parses but do not find anything in particular. Any thoughts would be helpful.
earanduin

Re: Righteous Fury - bug post 4.2 hotfix

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:51 pm

I'll bet 2 copper that you're not taking more damage but that it's perception due to a difference in health pools. Your healers end up overreacting by using larger heals because they see a larger percentage missing for you in the raid frame as opposed to a bear's health pool.
Cogglamp

Postby Treck » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:10 pm

So, during the past what, 2 weeks? you havnt died once? or changed specc?
Treck

Postby Staatt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 pm

You no longer have to refresh RF upon death
Staatt
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:46 pm

earanduin wrote:I gone through WoL parses but do not find anything in particular. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Can you link you WoL reports and do you do 5 mans/anything that could have caused your death before your first raid after the hotfix?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby earanduin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 pm

So, no I hadn't swapped spec in that time frame hence no need to recast RF. Again, the difference on recasting RF was immediately apparent and dramatic.

Secondly, I'll give you our last set of ragnaros attempts. We are behind on overall progression at this point (significantly so). The caveat to this is that I do start with the boss on me on the initial pull.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vozy ... mageTaken/

In addition though, there are certain boss fights (beth'tilac and shannox) where the healers prefer to have my co-tank tank certain parts of the encounter. I'm just shaking my head.
earanduin

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:16 pm

Treck wrote:So, during the past what, 2 weeks? you havnt died once?

Apparently you haven't died in months because they made Righteous Fury persist through death a looooong time ago.
Jeremoot

Postby PsiVen » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:36 pm

They've made Righteous Fury and auras "persist through death" many times. I never trust it...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Yeah habit is too ingrained, and buttons are all together anyway.
Run back, up seal, up RF, up mgt/kings, up drums if needed, elixir/flask/food and away.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Treck » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:33 am

Yeh yeh, stop nagging about it.
Old habits die hard i guess, have RD right next to SoT, and STILL always refresh both every time i come back from the dead.
Treck

Postby Jaitee » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 pm

i read about this in another thread and went and did a few tests on random world mobs was getting 3 times my damage as threat recast RF and bam getting 5 times now should be a huge help when we do heroic domo next week
Jaitee

Postby Maelsstrom » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:01 pm

Glad to see this. When the hotfix went live, my bear co-tank's threat went through the roof but mine did not. The next week, I recast RF for this reason and my threat is stupid high now. I wondered if I was just a slug that one night but now I have an excuse!
Maelsstrom - Paladin - Lightbringer
Fluffy Bunnies of Doom
Maelsstrom

Return to General