Thank you very much Mr.Roboto.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Thank you very much Mr.Roboto.

Postby Baneslayer » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:02 am

So...

I have been looking to get more involved in my ret spec and have been looking at ways to maximize my gear. I found this website recommended by my guild called AskMrRoboto.com. It is a great way to maximize the gear, allowing you to apply filters and find out where things drop.

And while I applied the ret filter it gave me a good idea of what I need to get. For curiosity's sake I checked out the protection paladin filter and here are the results: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/pala ... 41357y2600

Now... some of this geming seems off to me... I thought we were more about mastery.

And while tanking and dps are different (I don't know of a DPS who switches trinkets or gear for specific fight.) is this gear list even worth anything? Maybe an avoidance set or something of that sort?
Baneslayer

Re: Thank you very much Mr.Roboto.

Postby Winkle » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:31 am

Next to stat weights is a tab entitled pre-sets, select that and you can then select to go for full combat table coverage which then optimise's for CTC and thus values mastery over all other stats.

The gear lists matches your preferred stat distribution.
Winkle

Postby lythac » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 am

There is a thread called All Things Mr. Robot! in the Gear Discussions and Advice board.

On askmrrobot there are 2 preset stat weights -

The default weights are designed to minimize total damage taken. Threat-related stats are weighted intentionally low, as it is generally a non-issue for most tanks these days.

Combat Table Coverage

These weights are designed to maximize combat table coverage (CTC), with the goal of avoiding or blocking every attack. You may take slightly more total damage than the default weights, but you will have fewer spikes.

Deafult will suggest Avoidance, Combat Table Coverage will suggest Mastery (and then Sta>Avoidance when capped).

For Ret (and also Fury) I have found it doesn't always cap you for expertise.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Baneslayer » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:43 am

There is a thread called All Things Mr. Robot! in the Gear Discussions and Advice board.

I am new. :P

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. I was curious. :)

Hmm pending that is it a legit place to start for ret?
Baneslayer

Postby Treck » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:51 am

Askmrrobot is very good for dps classes, but both tanking and healing work a lot different, and i wouldnt trust it much for use on my main char, but for an alt char i dont wanna spend hours and hours on theorycrafting, askmrrobot is a good resource.
Treck

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 am

Best thing about the robot is it allows you to quickly assess potential gear upgrades, and their relative rankings.

Also keep in mind that there absolute rankings, and relative rankings, the relative rankings being based on your current gear. The absolute rankings can be really off depending on your current gear state. (For example, on hunters, hit is way overvalued, even if you are capped).

Also, there's an MrRobot App for iOS and Android.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zalaria » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:34 am

Baneslayer wrote:

I am new. :P

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. I was curious. :)

Hmm pending that is it a legit place to start for ret?

It is a great place to start. It sometimes chooses to not cap hit or expertise if it decides other stats give more dps. Even if it chooses to not cap you, you'll still have some hit or expertise. Missing once in a fight won't hurt you much. Especially if you're just beginning the spec.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Fro DW Frost DPS, it is incredibly amazing for reforging. I love it.
Shoju

Postby Staatt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:00 pm

halabar wrote:Also, there's an MrRobot App for iOS and Android.

Thanks for this! I downloaded it and loaded in Digren's weights and found things I had overlooked (e.g. I had an agility leg enchant instead of a dodge one. crap!)

Anyways, very nice app, especially for those of us who have restrictions on our web access at work.
Staatt
Maintankadonor

Return to General