Remove Advertisements

Weird "crit" logs

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Weird "crit" logs

Postby Eruptia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:27 am

Hi there !

I have some questions for you, since I know some of you are pretty good at logs-analyzing and theorycrafting. :)

A friend of mine recently gave me some logs from his last raid, and noticed that he has been crit by Majordomo 10-man normal mode, even though he has the Sanctuary talent. It seems like he had been crit only once in the whole raid, but it's still kinda weird. He told me the crit was also shown on Recount logs, so it is probably not a World-of-Logs recording-mistake.

Here are the logs (in French, sorry) : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fjw3 ... 82&e=11993

[23:29:30.322] Chambellan Forteramure hits Yralto 46803
[23:29:31.839] Chambellan Forteramure crits Yralto *65740* (O: 26436)
[23:29:31.839] Chambellan Forteramure Faux de flammes Yralto 43290 (A: 3960, R: 22500)

Do you guys have any idea of what could happen ? I've never seen that before.

Thanks a lot for any answer.
Eruptia

Re: Weird "crit" logs

Postby theckhd » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:47 am

The only thing I can think of is that he still has "sit" bound to a key and accidentally bumped it?

The other alternatives are that Majordomo has some extra crit buff or bonus beyond the usual level-dependent amount. However, if that were the case we'd be seeing this as a fairly widespread issue given the number of guilds killing majordomo.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Meloree » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:04 am

We were desperate for tanks one night in early T11, as our usual OTs all managed to be hiding, and made one of our DPS DKs go spec Blood - for Halfus, I think?

He didn't spec improved Blood Presence for the first pull.

You didn't link an armory, but he did spec 3/3 Sanctuary, right?
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Eruptia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:15 am

Hey, thanks for the answers.

Oops, sorry about the missing armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... o/advanced
So yes, he did spec 3/3 Sanctuary as I said in my first post, so this isn't about it.

We did think about unfortunatly sitting, but he swore he didn't - more than that, he couldn't according to the key position. Sadly, this is not the kind of thing I can check in the logs. I trusted him and started thinking about other explanations, in vain.

So, in your opinion, there is no other explanation than sitting ?
Eruptia

Postby theckhd » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:00 pm

None that I know of within the "understood" limits of game mechanics. That doesn't rule out a strange bug of some sort, of course. Maybe something's negating his Sanctuary talent, or maybe Majordomo has a higher crit chance. However, if either of those are the case, we should be able to find other people encountering the same problem.

Since I haven't heard anyone complain about being crit on Domo before, presumably it's not that, unless it's just started with the recent hotfix.

I'm not sure how to rule out the other things. Again, some sort of spec nullification should show up for other people.

Without hearing reports of similar events from other tanks, it's hard to give a reason for it other than "maybe he sat." I know I've done dumb things in raids before without realizing it, and only noticed when I looked at Recount/Acheron/WoL.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 am

The first night after the threat hotfix went live we had 3 different tanks take a crit from Shannox, Spark of Rhyolith, and Riplimb all in 25 HM encounters.

Since that night we haven't seen it repeated, so I'm guessing they broke something during that hotfix and quietly fixed it.
baleogthefierce

Postby lythac » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:49 am

I had heard from the reliable interwebz that tanks already under the influence of RF after the hotfix were still only getting a 200% threat increase until they rebuffed it.

Whatever bug is causing tanks to be crit may be resolved on death or a stance change.

Edit - the other tanks crit reduction talent are all tied to their threat "stance" (Improved Blood Presence, Thick Hide, Bastion of Defense), when the hotfix increased the threat modifier it nullified the crit reduction if you were already under the effect of the "stance" when the hotfix came. Righteous Fury is likely to have an archaic mechanic applied to it. Changing stance or death resets it.

Old 200% crit reduction (lolbug)
New 400% Crit reduction

My other theory is way worse.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Jaitee » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:35 pm

lythac wrote:I had heard from the reliable interwebz that tanks already under the influence of RF after the hotfix were still only getting a 200% threat increase until they rebuffed it.

Whatever bug is causing tanks to be crit may be resolved on death or a stance change.

Edit - the other tanks crit reduction talent are all tied to their threat "stance" (Improved Blood Presence, Thick Hide, Bastion of Defense), when the hotfix increased the threat modifier it nullified the crit reduction if you were already under the effect of the "stance" when the hotfix came. Righteous Fury is likely to have an archaic mechanic applied to it. Changing stance or death resets it.

Old 200% crit reduction (lolbug)
New 400% Crit reduction

My other theory is way worse.

omg just read that first part about reapplying RF to get the threat buff active went and did some testing i was still at the old threat values no wonder i had so much trouble on heroic domo last week!
Jaitee

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations