[10H] Baleroc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10H] Baleroc

Postby Belloc » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:32 am

timoseewho wrote:Hi! What cooldown is 'DS' short for? I was totally under the impression that decimation couldn't be mitigated meaning dodged/parried but it can? We'll finally start working on this guy again tomorrow, thanks for the tips!

DS usually means Divine Shield. It's typically used by taunting a mob and then casting DS, forcing the boss to attack you for the next 3 seconds. In the case of Baleroc, assuming DS works, you'd taunt and bubble less than 3 seconds before the first (or second) decimating strike and then taunt again before the next.
Belloc

Postby Técaro » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:52 am

You can also use it to get another few seconds when he enrages, just make sure to taunt before he actually enrages as I believe he becomes untauntable.
Técaro

Postby Arianne » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:22 am

Decimation Blade goes right through Divine Shield. I tried it once when one of our healers DC'd and it killed me through it.
Arianne

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:44 am

Técaro wrote:You can also use it to get another few seconds when he enrages, just make sure to taunt before he actually enrages as I believe he becomes untauntable.

If it's a holy pally we're talking about, I don't think he even needs to taunt - just have RF up while bombing gigantic heals into the tank, and the boss will walk over to him after killing the tank.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Donahu » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:07 pm

I'll be DPS'ing this one this week and I was wondering - does torment hit through bubble? Or will it ignore you and start doing the pulse if you bubble? Just a thought for one of those oh shit moments that I might actually be able to help recover the raid on.
Donahu

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Donahu wrote:I'll be DPS'ing this one this week and I was wondering - does torment hit through bubble? Or will it ignore you and start doing the pulse if you bubble? Just a thought for one of those oh shit moments that I might actually be able to help recover the raid on.

Torment will attempt to target another player if you become immune. If there are no other targets within range, it will start AOEing.
Belloc

Postby Sundance » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 am

Belloc wrote:
Donahu wrote:I'll be DPS'ing this one this week and I was wondering - does torment hit through bubble? Or will it ignore you and start doing the pulse if you bubble? Just a thought for one of those oh shit moments that I might actually be able to help recover the raid on.

Torment will attempt to target another player if you become immune. If there are no other targets within range, it will start AOEing.

False. Keeps targeting and keeps damaging the player with Iceblock/Divine Shield, I found out(several times) the hard way.
Heímdall of <Helios> @ Argent Dawn - EU
Sundance

Postby Treck » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:54 am

Pretty sure you dont take any damage tho, you keep getting the stacks, but your immune to the damage.
Treck

Postby Sundance » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:59 am

Treck wrote:Pretty sure you dont take any damage tho, you keep getting the stacks, but your immune to the damage.

Sadly you do still take damage... Dead Main with Bubble up and Dead Alt with Iceblock up speaking.
Heímdall of <Helios> @ Argent Dawn - EU
Sundance

Postby Finkum » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Sundance wrote:Sadly you do still take damage... Dead Main with Bubble up and Dead Alt with Iceblock up speaking.

Yep I can confirm this. When our shadow priest WoWquit I decided to have our retribution paladin soak an entire crystal and bubble at the appropriate stack amount, but we quickly discovered Torment damage continues through DS.
Finkum

Postby laterna » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 am

Any opinions in gearing for avoidance? I'm currently sitting on 42% avoidance( mastery gems, but reforged for avoidance)

When I pop 4set+trinket, I'm peaking at 62%, hp is not an issue, and I am CTC capped when I pop everything, using mastery/resistance potions.

It helps to dodge a lot during blades, and the increased dodge helps with normal attacks,

We're currently using the whole "SP tanks first crystal", leaving me completely alone for 30 seconds while they spam me, giving them around 90 stacks when they finish spamming the SP. That turns our holy paladin into a 220k FoL spamming machine, while our disco keeps on crystals
laterna

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:41 am

laterna wrote:Any opinions in gearing for avoidance? I'm currently sitting on 42% avoidance( mastery gems, but reforged for avoidance)

When I pop 4set+trinket, I'm peaking at 62%, hp is not an issue, and I am CTC capped when I pop everything, using mastery/resistance potions.

It helps to dodge a lot during blades, and the increased dodge helps with normal attacks,

We're currently using the whole "SP tanks first crystal", leaving me completely alone for 30 seconds while they spam me, giving them around 90 stacks when they finish spamming the SP. That turns our holy paladin into a 220k FoL spamming machine, while our disco keeps on crystals

CTC cap is by far the most important thing for this fight. Unless your healers are asleep at the wheel, Decimation Blade is a non-issue post-nerf (since he only strikes twice). Inferno Blade has never been dangerous thanks to rotating glyphed Divine Protection and Mirror of Broken Images. Taking some unlucky unblocked melee hits at the wrong time (like healers moving for Countdown, for example) will be much more likely to kill you on this encounter.
baleogthefierce

Postby frontallobe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:36 am

CTC cap is by far the most important thing for this fight. Unless your healers are asleep at the wheel, Decimation Blade is a non-issue post-nerf (since he only strikes twice). Inferno Blade has never been dangerous thanks to rotating glyphed Divine Protection and Mirror of Broken Images. Taking some unlucky unblocked melee hits at the wrong time (like healers moving for Countdown, for example) will be much more likely to kill you on this encounter.

^ this. Also I pop GaK at the start of the fight and SANC the crystal soaker. This seems to help when you don't have an spriest and all your healers are gaining stacks. You can also LoH here too since it doesn't work worth jack later in the fight.
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby RedAces » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:20 am

What? Why shouldn't LoH-ing yourself work later on? It'll heal you to full (except if you have the DBlade-Debuff), so it's still a very strong cooldown.
(Except when you're not tanking and trying to LoH the tank - then it'll be wasted.)
RedAces

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:59 am

RedAces wrote:What? Why shouldn't LoH-ing yourself work later on? It'll heal you to full (except if you have the DBlade-Debuff), so it's still a very strong cooldown.
(Except when you're not tanking and trying to LoH the tank - then it'll be wasted.)

Doesn't the debuff fall off between Decimation Blade swings anyway now that he only does two strikes?
baleogthefierce

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)