Holy Priest spell choice.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Holy Priest spell choice.

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Well, I've officially necro'd this thread. Sorry for that.

I did find what I think is a decent dummy guide for resto druids.

http://restodruid.info/patch-4-2-3/

Now back to your regularly scheduled Holy Priest programming...
Cogglamp

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:01 pm

how did you necro it? it has been decently active over the past few days

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:00 am

Necro was probably the wrong word choice. Maybe hijack would have been better.
Cogglamp

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:26 am

I found out I forgot how to play warlock.

On another note, the resto druid site you found is pretty decent, IMO. I haven't seen any glaring obvious mistakes, but if I do, I'll yell. :D
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:46 pm

There won't be any large errors considering it's Keeva's site.

That woman is amazing and I'm so sadpanda she doesn't raid anymore.
Levantine

Postby Astronomic » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am

i think its pretty much the same as healing wave/ healing surge/ greater healing wave, just sometimes you get free/instant flash of light procs so it should at least be on your bars.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Shoju » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:06 am

I'm stealing my thread back to talk holy priests now that I'm 85 and have done some heroics.

Throughout my limited heroics so far, I find that Renew and PoM are out in front as my #1 and #2 sources of healing when looking over my healing numbers. I know HPS isn't a "great" metric for gauging things, but right now, My mana pool is little, and I'm trying to make sure I'm not blowing a ton of overheal.

#3 and 4 have been really close. between Flash heal (3) and Heal (4) I try to save Flash Heal for emergencies only, and to keep serendipity handy (is that a good strategy?), and when it procs. I basically fill the gaps with heal, when there isn't a lot of healing going on.

I try to use HW:whatever whenever I can. So far, in heroics, I haven't used the AoE stuff much. I tried in HoO when the tank was being stupid, but that just led to a faster wipe. So, should I ever use Inner Will? Should I ever use the AoE Chakra?

I will limit it to these questions before I start asking more.
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:16 am

I generally do not try to keep a serendipity stack available in a 5 man. If it's there, great, if not, it's not big deal to me.

I use Inner Will after wiping and running backs and if there is a mechanic that I fell asleep on and need to move quickly. Otherwise, I find Inner Fire running 99% of the time.

You'll use HW: Sanctuary primarily in raids. Maybe when I was first gearing up I ran HW: Sanctuary on Prophet Barim during the dark phase but really, that's it. HW: Serenity is running for me the vast majority of the time. The other reason for it is to keep Renew rolling on the tanks all the time.

PoM is great and the Glyph is even better.

Hope that helps.
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 am

This is me.

I should probably toss that glyph in instead of dispel magic. that glyph I believe is a hold over from Wotlk I believe.
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:56 am

If you're running strictly 5 mans, you could actually remove CoH glyph since you're never healing more than 5 but yes, dispel magic isn't make or break really.

Also, Guardian Spirit glyph is meh in 5 mans since fights aren't long enough to have two guardian spirits even be usable. I prefer Prayer of Healing. I'd argue that PoH is even more superior in raids as well and GS glyph isn't really worth it at all.

Talent points are negotiable. I personally do not take the extra renew talents as I find it hard to blanket the raid in renews. I'd rather spend my talents in Tome of Light, a point in Blessed Resilience, and a point in Inner Sanctum. But I'm sure you'll find other priests doing what you do.
Cogglamp

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes