Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Enchantment Yes, or Enchantment No?

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:53 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
halabar wrote:YOYFM!

You Outta Yo Fuckin' Mind?

Yep.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Mage = LOLZ to go city to city, and i normally make a fair amount doing so. but.... this guy? Man. I could have understood if it were enchanting some thing for some lowbie. but enchanting an heirloom for a raid geared main? ugh.

and I go city to city because other enchanters don't. I have made fair amounts of tips doign so, and it's normally for heirloom / twink enchants.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Shoju wrote:Mage = LOLZ to go city to city, and i normally make a fair amount doing so. but.... this guy? Man. I could have understood if it were enchanting some thing for some lowbie. but enchanting an heirloom for a raid geared main? ugh.

and I go city to city because other enchanters don't. I have made fair amounts of tips doign so, and it's normally for heirloom / twink enchants.

Well, if you've found a niche market, that's a completely different matter, as long as a good profit is being made.. :mrgreen:

halabar

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:23 pm

normally, I get 100+g tips for the BC enchants when I am willing to travel, and with a mage, It's normally not hard. There are a couple of the BC enchants I don't have on the mage yet though.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Shoju wrote:normally, I get 100+g tips for the BC enchants when I am willing to travel, and with a mage, It's normally not hard. There are a couple of the BC enchants I don't have on the mage yet though.

There should be plenty of Tmog gear runs to help take care of that...

halabar

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:34 pm

100g tips is definitely worth it then. My realm isn't so gracious when it comes to tips. At least not those that I've encountered. Which BoA enchants are you missing?
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:37 pm

On my mage I'm missing Thorium Brotherhood(22int)and +4 stats. I have those on my DK though. If they want those they will either come to me, or it's more than 100g, and I don't call it a tip.
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 pm

If you're a completionist, the Lava Core turn in for Thorium is a good way to get the +22 intellect pattern.

I got lucky with the +4 stats in winning that from a Darkmoon Faire prize bag. Granted it took 3 AFK hours of churning out Dense Grinding Stones for turn ins on my BSmith but I also won some other neat patterns like Mechanical Toad, Rich Purple Silk Shirt and Lesser Block. Granted with the update to DMF coming, that might all change.
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Cogglamp wrote:If you're a completionist, the Lava Core turn in for Thorium is a good way to get the +22 intellect pattern.

I got lucky with the +4 stats in winning that from a Darkmoon Faire prize bag. Granted it took 3 AFK hours of churning out Dense Grinding Stones for turn ins on my BSmith but I also won some other neat patterns like Mechanical Toad, Rich Purple Silk Shirt and Lesser Block. Granted with the update to DMF coming, that might all change.

Yeah. My mage is level 80, and just happened to be a character that I ended up with lots of enchants on. My Dk, as my current main receives all the love. Sadly, its not in the cards for the Mage to get the TB enchant. Mainly, because I think I'm finally out of TB rep mats after take 3 other characters to exalted....
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Lava Cores are cheap on most realms. Might just keep an eye out for them when you're waiting in Org for the raid to form so you can yell at halabar. >.> Sorry, I just had to go there.

/brofist to hala
Cogglamp

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:28 pm

The amount of rep per turn-in is astronomical now. In a level 25 guild (so have the 10% rep bonus) I got 2200 reputation per turn in. Ten Lava Cores were enough to go from revered to full exalted. While you are at it, you might as well finish it off for the # of exalteds achievements.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Dorvan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Well, this thread certainly doesn't make me miss WoW. Good to know that douchebaggery is still alive and well there.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Vrimmel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:08 am

I wish blizzard would stop with all the automatic processing. It's killing the community. Even though a lot of these things seem like a nuissance and a waste of time for many people this is how we bond with other people. Although I would say auto-DE is the least concern.
Vrimmel

Postby Darielle » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Just doing the quests in Searing Gorge/Burning Steppes gives you most of your TB rep.
Darielle

Previous

Return to General