Remove Advertisements

After the Wipe

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

After the Wipe

Postby honorshammer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:22 am

Help me learn what you do after a wipe. I'm going to assume you start with a general question or two trying to get feedback from the other team members of what they saw/did. You probably look at the combat log for Crushes, or something.

This was never even in my mind when I was healer, but now as a Tank I find people expect me to tell them why we wiped and what we need to do next time.

I also find that by the time the fight is over all the combat log stuff from when I was alive is unavailable (can't scroll back that far).
honorshammer

Postby Lore » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:32 am

I use EavesDrop to parse my combat log so I can look back through the most important stuff fairly quickly (ie: what happened that caused me to die), it's a pretty slick little mod.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Mortehl » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:21 am

Most of the times the response is something like:

Tell all the melee and casters to stop picking their nose when <special attack here> goes off and they should be moving.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:38 am

Well...I'd say most of the time I'm able to tell what went wrong just from playing...someone didn't heal, someone was afk, the warrior wasn't putting up shield block (ok that took a few), etc...other times I look through my combat log, if things had scrolled off (unlikely, because the reason I died should be fairly low on the list...I believe you can extend how many lines your log shows) then we speculate.

I'll try out EavesDrop, see what I can tell from it.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Return to General Strats