Remove Advertisements

Holy Priest spell choice.

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Holy Priest spell choice.

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:30 am

I wouldn't say equal value but they certainly have their place on your bars. Flash heal is useful to build up serendipity which can certainly help during burst healing phases. Heal is useful when you have down time in healing and gheal is useful for a tank heal if your tank healer is in a bind and obviously works well if you have serendipity stacks.

Equal? No.
All useful? Absolutely
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:37 am

Ok. Thanks. I haven't messed with Other healers at 80+ yet besides my priest and shaman. I wanted to make sure that I was sort of trying to at least do it kind of right.
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:36 am

No, it's a valid question since spells like Flash of Light and Healing Surge aren't really used that often in the other healing classes.

(I have no idea if the druid's version of it is used. . .swiftmend?!)

I certainly don't abuse Flash Heal as my mana pool can't sustain it but it's definitely useful when I can predict/time a burst AoE healing spree. It all depends on the fight but if you had me put a percentage of usage on those spells it would probably be something like 50/35/15 for Heal/Gheal/Flash Heal. That includes SoL procs as well.
Cogglamp

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:16 am

i pretty much only use flash heal to build serendipity stacks and if i get a Surge proc.
heal is a decent filler if you arent casting anything else (and iirc its more mana efficient then renew)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 am

Cogglamp wrote:No, it's a valid question since spells like Flash of Light and Healing Surge aren't really used that often in the other healing classes.

(I have no idea if the druid's version of it is used. . .swiftmend?!)

I certainly don't abuse Flash Heal as my mana pool can't sustain it but it's definitely useful when I can predict/time a burst AoE healing spree. It all depends on the fight but if you had me put a percentage of usage on those spells it would probably be something like 50/35/15 for Heal/Gheal/Flash Heal. That includes SoL procs as well.

Nourish is what you're thinking of.

I typically use Nourish as a filler, and to keep Harmony (mastery) active.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:28 am

So Nourish is like Heal?

What's the version of a Flash Heal/Flash of Light for a druid?

My IQ of a resto druid is pretty much the equivalent of the IQ of an empty mayonnaise jar. I'd like to know more about them and I read up on ej.com but the number of HoTs/spells/buffs started to make my eyes glaze over as it's a Friday afternoon. I'll look more at it this weekend.
Cogglamp

Postby Amirya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 am

The closest equivalent is Regrowth. But Regrowth differs in that it also applies a HoT beyond the mastery (I believe FH and HS apply a mastery HoT?).
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:41 am

If anyone could make a dumbed down version resto druid guide, I'd totally give you an internet high five.
Cogglamp

Postby Amirya » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Er...I can try, but tbh, I don't know how much time I have to devote to it. How dumb do you want it to be?
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Don't worry about it. I'm sure there are guides floating out there in the interwebz. Maybe I'll just post mechanic questions once I get into it.
Cogglamp

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:42 pm

You mean, at some point I will have to do more than stack lifebloom on the tank, and wild growth AoE heals?

I'm 72, and I don't think I've cast a "cast time" heal yet when I heal.
Shoju

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:47 pm

You know I've looked at logs of Resto druids and Wildgrowth is doing 40% of all the healing and I always think to myself "It can't be thaaattt easy, can it?" I'm sure I'm missing something but I always like to see how the other half lives.

Granted the logs I'm looking at aren't uber guild logs but it always makes me wonder.
Cogglamp

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:14 pm

WG is more like 33% of their healing done on healing intensive fights.
Treck

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:14 pm

WG is more like 33% of their healing done on healing intensive fights.
Treck

Postby Sightblinder » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:43 pm

when healing on my resto druid i always keep lifebloom X3, rejuv, and WG up on the tank at all times. that is usually enough to keep most "good and properly gemmed" tanks at full health in heroics. now with glyphed WG it will usually hit every member plus a pet in a 5 man so that really helps for the heals but also over heals alot. swiftmend is usually tossed in to add a bit of a big heal plus puts the aoe heal on the ground (effloresence?) so i try to use it when we are in one spot so not to waste the aoe. nourish acts like heal for priest and healing wave from shammans. healing touch acts like greater heal for priest and greater healing wave for shammans. regrowth acts like flash heal for priest and healing surge for shammans, the only diff is it does have a very small hot that comes with it (i think 3 sec). the reason that WG makes up for so much of our healing is that i belive its a smart heal, such as in BH when the eyes are out you can cast it on the tank but if he is close to full health it will go on the 6 members with the lowest percentage of HP. so WG with a correctly placed swiftmend will cause a lot of aoe heals. as well as a resto druids mastery is based off of hots on your target of a direct heal, so if you keep rolling WGs up it will boost your direct heals if they start taking damage. so as with the other classes nourish to top ppl off and healing touch for big damage moments and i usually only use regrowth in pvp.
Sightblinder

PreviousNext

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes