Remove Advertisements

[25 HM] Baleroc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 HM] Baleroc

Postby Jaitee » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:15 am

Treck wrote:A quick look at your logs (even tho their in french i think), seems you had Tormented when it struck, aka 500% more magic damage taken.
The decimation tank can tank effectivly with Tormented, but the inferno tank cannot.

i thought decimation blades damage was also affected by tormented cant remember when it happened (so no log) but once when we where learning this fight a melee came and stood next to me and i didnt notice the crystal appear he went decimation mode after that and i popped AD and it procced on the first hit and i died on the second and im fairly certain i was topped off on both hits
Jaitee

Postby culhag » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:49 am

Treck wrote:A quick look at your logs (even tho their in french i think), seems you had Tormented when it struck, aka 500% more magic damage taken.
The decimation tank can tank effectivly with Tormented, but the inferno tank cannot.

Now I feel stupid for not seeing that... :oops: thanks for checking.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:01 am

Jaitee wrote:i thought decimation blades damage was also affected by tormented cant remember when it happened (so no log) but once when we where learning this fight a melee came and stood next to me and i didnt notice the crystal appear he went decimation mode after that and i popped AD and it procced on the first hit and i died on the second and im fairly certain i was topped off on both hits

It doesnt affect decimation blade, and i think thats becuse it doesnt do any set damage, but rather it does 90% of your health dmg.
If your health would be low enough for it to be doing 250k dmg (rather than 90%) maybe then the dmg would be increased by 500%, but if it does the 90% dmg portion, you will survive it.

We have had it spreading to the tanks, and since we stand ontop of eachother both tanks gets it.
The decimation tank survives fine, but the infernal blade tank needed every single CD up to be able to survive.
Treck

Postby pfunkmort » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:41 pm

unless I"m misunderstanding things, the inferno strikes are resistible. meaning alchemists with a prismatic elixir and a 20 fire resist cloak enchant (and resist aura) are able to raise their minimum resist to 20% from 10%...and with a void sphere somewhere in their gear and the TB trinket up, raise their minimum resist from 30% to 40%.

as discussed here. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30631&start=60#p676514

if inferno strikes are so manageable with proper cooldown usage...and many people are reporting deaths to simple melees, is it worth losing the health and armor to accomplish that?
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:15 pm

I wouldnt say its worth it no.
Sure the armor from the cloak really isnt that much, and you could argue that a sta flask wont do much on a fight that gives you +1million hp, Void Spheres on the gear would just not be worth it.
While they could arguably be better than pure sta gemming, getting pure mitigation for the meele hits such as more mastery, dodge, armor or whatever you enchant/gem is going to be better than increasing the resists, since they really are that easy to manage.
Treck

Postby pfunkmort » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 pm

maybe I've overlooked this discussed in greater detail in this thread, but how do you feel about reaching inferno block cap? or do you think that's basically just overkill?
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Kerriodos » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:06 am

pfunkmort wrote:maybe I've overlooked this discussed in greater detail in this thread, but how do you feel about reaching inferno block cap? or do you think that's basically just overkill?

I feel like it's simply overkill. The extra damage you'll (maybe) see from the odd unblocked hit is easily balanced by the fact that you're using cooldowns for it. I mean, if you have a set balanced as such without affecting your sets for other encounters, go for it, but it's not really necessary.

I've considered using a second mastery trinket to stretch myself up to 107.4%, but honestly I feel like I get much more utility out of a dodge on-use for Decimation Blade.
Kerriodos

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Quick question re: positioning (indirectly): can crystals spawn on people with torment?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:55 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Quick question re: positioning (indirectly): can crystals spawn on people with torment?

First he does the cast, indirectly targeting 2 people, then you see some purple stuff on the ground close to his targets.
Then the actual crystals spawn.
So yes it can spawn on people with tormented debuff, but they have several seconds to move and adapt, so it shouldnt be a problem.
Treck

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks. My concern is if we have tormented people standing off to the far left and they get targeted for crystals, throwing things completely out of wack. I guess we shall have to display some adaptability.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Hotter » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:30 am

Hi,

last time at Baleroc I get some normal hits from him while having full ctc. I don't know why, but it is really anoying.

My recount said that an 800k+ inferno strike killed me, but our log doesn't show that in the details for the player deaths. But there is also a 800k+ unblocked hit from an inferno strike.

I didn't had any cooldown up when i died due to this inferno strike because i had to pop up all cooldowns before and no healer want to give me one of his cooldown like pain supression.

I have no idea how to avoid this normal hits, maybe my gear is too low or i made a mistake by calculating the ctc cap.

Please help.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-godlidknnbvfosfw/details/4/?s=13885&e=14240

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/malfurion/Derhotter/advanced

Thanks
Hotter

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:18 am

There is a long thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31883

This fight does behave oddly, and no one is certain why.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby ramboschox » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:58 am

Long years reader, first time poster. Hello everyone, wanted to thank that great community, some of your strategy tipps were a greater help then the best strat-vid (how to palatank @ tidewalker, the twin valks door strat, disc dps heal on steeringwheel heroic - just to mention some examples)
sry, 4 any synatx and semantic errors, this is not my mothertongue.
we´re farming a couple of weeks now 6/7 hc and our healers are still having some problems on Baleroc.
The 3 heal team strat as posted in this thread did a good job for us (i think, healers having some problems with that change and were close to giving up an doing the healing as they used to to it (4 on tanks, 2 on shards, dunno how exactly they rotated, but that doesnt rly matter for my incoming question)

The Debuff he puts on the Tanks increases their HP and the phy DMG taken.
Baleroc buffs himself over the course of the battle with a buff increasing his fire dmg.
We had most of the Tank deaths outside of Blade phases at roundabout 30% Boss hp left down to kill (some kills i was berezzt 2 times during that phase of the encounter. What killed me were normal blocked melee hits and healers not being able to get my hp into save areas (i.e. i felt like my hp was capped at 60% not getting topped again after some block streaks, i do tank him with 103.8 ctc coverage)

Having that in mind, one idea came up:
What about switching Tanks once more at the end of the Encounter (roughly from 30% on):
The healers are buffed, the former OT has just one stack of blazing Glory, letting him take little hits compared to what I am eating there with 12+ stacks, compared to the output healers will have there.
As the Boss has a huge buff to his fire dmg, I (the tank who tanked the majority of the fight) will taunt off at inferno blades, the decimation blades we will handle as we are uesed to (taunt after one tank gets hit and isnt filled up when the next hit is about to come)

We may be testing that on thursday, but i thought if I´d forget something, why this may be bad, you will be the people to point me on that.

looking forward to an answer (hopefully this post is understandable), with kind regards and may the Light always shine bright above your heads (and horns, "no beef with the light" is over isnt it?!)
Ramboschox

TL;DR:
Swapping tanks at the end of the fight might cheese healing against his normal hits. The "former MT" still takes inferno Blades and taunts in at deciblades if needed. The "former offtank" now tanks the normal melee hits. Low Blaze of Glory Stack (less inc phy dmg and less hp to top) combined with boosted Healers.
I WONT STOP YELLING CUZ THATS GONNA MEAN I LOST THE FIGHT

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/e ... s/advanced
ramboschox

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)