Remove Advertisements

Darkmoon Faire 4.3

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Darkmoon Faire 4.3

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:05 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3390849#blog

That’s not all! We have adorable companion pets includin’ a fez-wearing monkey, a plethora of profession recipes, toys, balloons, souvenirs, delectable carnival snacks and beverages, heirlooms for the little ones, and even replicas of long-lost suits of armor that we’re offering for your Transmogrification needs. You can also make your mark with new achievements and titles. All it takes to earn these fabulous rewards is a few Darkmoon Faire Prize Tickets and a good reputation with the carnies. How do ya get your grubby mitts on some tickets? I’m glad you asked!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Re: Darkmoon Faire 4.3

Postby sherck » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:26 am

Heirlooms ?

Recipes ??

Armor Sets ???

Holy crud, this is not your father's Darkmoon Faire ! It might actually make me want to participate.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:29 am

Ooo I'm excited for this!

I assume I'll be able to finally level my rep up to Exalted with this!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:31 am

Simply having a fez-wearing monkey companion pet is enough to make me want to do whatever it is asked of me to do.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:31 am

Looks like once a month there'll be a bunch of games and daily quests, including profession quests. And what sounds a lot like a new free-for-all PvP arena like Gurubashi.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shoju » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:56 am

I'm on the fence about this. I WANT to like it, and love it, but I'm not going to get super excited yet.
Shoju

Postby Astronomic » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:45 pm

When I saw this I laughed while thinking about the people who toiled away time and money for "the insane" darkmoon requirement...assuming the new stuff offers rep.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Astronomic wrote:When I saw this I laughed while thinking about the people who toiled away time and money for "the insane" darkmoon requirement...assuming the new stuff offers rep.

Clearly there will be a new rep introduced, "The Darkmoon Coalition" which represents the alliance of the Darkmoon Faire and who the fuck cares really
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby referee » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:20 pm

With a fez you are more feztive! Cool. T2 gear maybe?
When you enter an instance, repeat to yourself: My job here is to die first.
referee

Postby Cogglamp » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Flex wrote:Simply having a fez-wearing monkey companion pet is enough to make me want to do whatever it is asked of me to do.
Cogglamp

Postby Passionario » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Sounds like the 4.3 version of Molten Front - new grindable content for non-raiders.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Only available one week each month, though.

This is more just a much-needed overhaul of the Faire, intended to continue after Cataclysm is over, whereas the Molten Front and Argent Tournament were never going to outlast their expansion.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Torquemada » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Astronomic wrote:When I saw this I laughed while thinking about the people who toiled away time and money for "the insane" darkmoon requirement...assuming the new stuff offers rep.

You're just jealous. Hater.
A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government. – Thomas Jefferson
Torquemada

Return to General