pew pew laser paladins in space [EVE]

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: pew pew laser paladins in space

Postby cakeftw » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 am

You guys are horribly tempting me to come back to eve here and train myself up for a hac (tech two assualt cruisers) and blast some fools.
cakeftw

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 am

lol yeah cerwillis, character creation is pretty nuts. Even Nika got excited when she saw all the makeup options, and she hates space games.

I'm about halfway through training for T2 frigates atm. Can't wait for T2 cruisers, there's a lot that look pretty fun. Cruisers V is pretty painful to train, though.
Invisusira

Postby cerwillis » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:15 am

I think I have to install this on my new Macbook, work be damned.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 am

Newbie tip: Don't put off training for Afterburners and Microwarpdrives. I did and holy hell once I actually got them, boy did I regret taking so long to do so. Makes a HUGE difference.
Invisusira

Postby cakeftw » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:51 am

What frigates you training to use invis? I've never really liked flying frigates in pvp, was always a case of "KILL THAT BASTARD TACKLE" and 20 drakes popped me
cakeftw

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:32 am

Assault atm, although I'll probably get into interceptors and covert ops pretty quick as well.
Invisusira

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:11 pm

ok when I read the subject I really thought this thread was going to be about Warhammer 40K.

i am disappoint
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby sahiel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Sabindeus wrote:ok when I read the subject I really thought this thread was going to be about Warhammer 40K.

i am disappoint

Well, the demo for Space Marine is available for download on Steam if that's any consolation?

I've pondered trying EVE a few times, but given how much I was addicted to playing the AH in WoW I have a feeling that EVE might possibly be the end of my life as I know it, plus, I'm still wary about how you actually 'fly' the ships since I hate anything even remotely related to actually manually flying a ship (flight combat/sim games are my kryptonite).
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:06 pm

well, there IS a ship called the Paladin and it DOES use lasers

so the thread title is totally legit.
Invisusira

Postby cerwillis » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:08 pm

sahiel wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:ok when I read the subject I really thought this thread was going to be about Warhammer 40K.

i am disappoint

Well, the demo for Space Marine is available for download on Steam if that's any consolation?

I've pondered trying EVE a few times, but given how much I was addicted to playing the AH in WoW I have a feeling that EVE might possibly be the end of my life as I know it, plus, I'm still wary about how you actually 'fly' the ships since I hate anything even remotely related to actually manually flying a ship (flight combat/sim games are my kryptonite).

You select a waypoint and click "Warp to within 0 meters" and then for combat there is an option to "stay at X distance" but don't trust what i say, I'm still looking for my REND button.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:11 pm

On flying of ships: think Diablo in space.

"wat" you say?? Yes, it's all click. There's no flight-simy manual controls, which kinda threw me for a loop (a.... barrel roll?) at first. However, after the first couple hours, I quickly realized that there really was no way the game could have worked. And flying the larger ships with a joystick would have been... weird.

So yeah, navigation = double click in space to go fly in that direction. You can also right click any object in space (ships, stations, stargates, etc) and "approach" (fly towards), "orbit" (at whatever distance you want) or "keep at X meters." "Approach" becomes "warp to" if you're far enough away. You also have a throttle bar on the bottom of your screen if you want to fly at less than full speed.

sab you should totally play eve
Invisusira

Postby Arnock » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Is there anything done in eve outside of ships? I saw someone post a screenshot aboard a space station of some sort, but also mentioned there was no point to it, is there any non-ship gameplay at all?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby cakeftw » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Arnock wrote:Is there anything done in eve outside of ships? I saw someone post a screenshot aboard a space station of some sort, but also mentioned there was no point to it, is there any non-ship gameplay at all?

Not really, although CCP are making a fps for the ps3 iirc that directly influnces the eve world
cakeftw

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah, gameplay is all in ships atm. You can walk around in stations, but there's no real point to it yet. CCP is planning on making stations more interactive, I think.
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:04 am

Invisusira wrote:lol yeah cerwillis, character creation is pretty nuts. Even Nika got excited when she saw all the makeup options, and she hates space games.

I fail to see how "makeup options on a character selection screen" has anyyyyyything to do with space games!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games