Total votes : 146

Re: The adds in the Deathwing fight will be:

Postby Crimsonheart » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:20 am

kael thalas will return
Crimsonheart

Postby culhag » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:36 am

Relwynd wrote:
Treck wrote:It always has been and always will be Nefarian, i really dont understand how people can get that wrong.

Not sure if you're joking, but Neltharion is the actual name of Deathwing, the Earth Warden. Nefarion is his son, and Onyxia his daughter.

See ? you're doing it too ! It's Nefarian, not Nefarion !
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby melisandyr » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:33 am

In the timeline between 4.0 and 4.3 Deathwing has been researching dark magic, and has split his soul into seven horcruxes. So although there will be some adds in the Deathwing encounter, the real adds need to be fought beforehand.

This will result in seven mini patches between 4.3 and Pandaclysm, and the Deathwing raid will recreate Blizzard's most successful raiding formula, TotC.

The raid instance will just be two rooms. The first one contains the room where you'll fight the seven horcruxicized Deathwings, and the second one contains the "weakened" Deathwing. But there are some portals in the different encounters.

1: Resurrected Kael'thas, whose head has been placed on the CBH of an Eredar sorceress. You can only start the pull if you are over 18 or Blizzard have received a signed consent form from your parents/guardian.
2: Resurrected Milhouse Manastorm, because Stonecore was merely a setback, who is actually revealed to be an Old God and sprouts tentacles during the fight
3: Resurrected Nefarian, who is slain when you take over a Foe Reaper and throw him out of the instance door
4: Resurrected Arthas, who can only be killed by a female after being reduced to 1hp by a gnome or goblin rogue character and stabbed in the knee
5: Resurrected M'uru, where you take a portal to fight in the bowels of the Exodar to rescue Agra, who has been cast into Draenei Limbo after she and Thrall experimented with some shaman Dream Magic. The level is one big labyrinth, where you take a tour with Thrall of their years together in the Emerald Dream (in Azeroth time only 1 patch timelength has passed)
6: Resurrected Kael'Thas, who you fight in a bright illusion of a Deeprun Tram station, where he is a baby, and you gain buffs from a Gandalf-like representation of Grom Hellscream's spirit
7: A quest chain started by a Red Dragonflight npc Roger Kint, who requires you to defeat every 5-man instance boss in the eastern kingdoms as part of a quest chain in search of Geyser Soze, the final Deathwing horcrux. After you have defeated all the bosses, which you have to do twice, Geyser Soze is revealed to be Thrall, who was the final horcrux all along (Deathwing tried to incinerate him as a child when he attacked his parents' village, but his mothers' love meant that the breath rebounded, banishing Deathwing to the elemental plane. Deathwing's attack left a singed patch of hair on Thrall's backside, in the shape of the Horde symbol.) Agra is the only one who has seen this, and in a transition phase, it is revealed that Agra is actually Sinestra, and you must defeat the two together, or they both regenerate to full health.

Intermission

After you defeat the 7 horcruxes Deathwing's ring remains, which must be thrown into the Fires of Ragnaros' platform in the Flamelands after a Blood DK has defeated Heroic Ragnaros solo.

The floor of Grim Batol then falls away to reveal Deathwing's Lair beneath.

Deathwing is just a tank-and spank encounter, but there are humanoid adds which can only be tanked by a shaman sporting a hybrid elemental/enhancement build.
When you reduce Deathwing to 1hp a projection of Queen Azshara arrives and gloats that when you slay Deathwing, Azeroth will explode.

When this happens the screen goes white and you wake up on a mysterious island, Pandaria. It is quite misty. Next to you lies the wreckage of the Zepplin flight 815...
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:38 am

/thread

We can all go back to our business now.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Doz » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:44 am

melisandyr wrote:Pandaclysm

I am born anew in your brilliance.
Doz

Postby bldavis » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:00 am

culhag wrote:/thread

We can all go back to our business now.

move along, nothing more to see here

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Previous

Return to General