Remove Advertisements

4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Postby Shoju » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 am

I guess I just think about Deathwing and I'm left to wonder.

Where will this raid.... "be"?
I mean, isn't the last time we see Deathwing in quests when he falls from the sky with Alexstrasza, and the subsequent cutscene? Isn't he a FANTASTICALLY HUGE entity? I mean.... what place is "big enough" to house him?

what "trash bosses" can there really be?
They say that there will be multiple encounters with Deathwing during the raid... but, will there be a Marrowgar that makes sense? I mean, he is "allied" with the old gods, and the elementals, so you have some who would work, but.... eh... Are we really going to see a not dead again nef and a zombie zombie ony? Who else could there be? Old Gods, Black Dragons.... Twilight Dragons.... Um, I guess....

Smaller than Ulduar
I guess I didn't think Ulduar was "huge". It felt like:

Trash Pack #1 -> Trash Pack #2 -> Trash Pack #3 -> Trash Pack #4 -> Boss

Over and over. I didn't think it was overly huge, or difficult in "scope", unless they mean "physical" size because OMG that place is MASSIVE.

how long are we going to be left raiding deathwing and his homies?
12 months into the expac and we are being given the 'final raid' of the expac? I just can't seem to help but channel my inner rags. TOO SOON BLIZZARDUS
Shoju

Postby Malthrax » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:59 am

They say that there will be multiple encounters with Deathwing during the raid...

Yes. Twelve different fights, each one a twist on an old favorite...

Maybe our initial encounter with Deathwing can be a Flame Leviathan-esque vehicle encounter. Instead of endlessly spawning Dark Iron Dwarves, it can be endlessly spawning Twilight Whelps. Instead of Storm Towers to destroy, it can be Roosts loaded with eggs. Flame Deathwingithan...

Another version could be the Shade of Neltharion, standing in the center of a huge library, where he repeats a cast sequence of DeathGrip->Arcane Explosion, Blizzard, and Flame Wreath, all the while throwing frostbolts at random people.

Perhaps even a Deathwing'jh encounter, complete with Fiery Cores that have to be thrown from one person to another.

There's dozens of Fun Mechanics that can be used to create unique and engaging encounters!!!
Last edited by Malthrax on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malthrax

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 am

What locations exist in the world that Deathwing's lair could potentially be found at?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 am

Maybe they'll insert another wing in Blackrock Depths or the mountain. Although really... enough of the frigging stone and fire areas.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 am

Didn't they say it would be in the Grim Batol area?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:01 am

Malthrax wrote:the explosion frees Tyrion Fordring from the block of ice he's been imprisoned in, and he AOE rez's the entire raid a few minutes later.

Minor detail, but one that annoys me to no end because if you can't tell dead NPC from useless NPC, I shudder to think of standing in fire details.

Terenas Menethil did the mass rez.

Unless Tyrion has a reason to call Arthas "my son." And wear a crown. And have spooky ghost eyes. And be somewhat transparent.

Also, you guys forget. We'll have to chase Deathwing around. Grim Batol, Onyxia's Lair, Blackwing Descent's Descent, Deeperholm, Grimmer Batol, Deathwing's Lair, and finally, the throne platform of the Lich King.

Whole new meaning to "chilling out."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:26 am

It'll be just like horde-side Ony key questline!
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 am

More seriously, I wonder if defeating Deathwing will reveal to us something about his "masters", and become the lead-in to the next expansion being about going after the next Old God (or about finally defeating all the Old Gods for good).

It seems we need to address Deathwing's masters somewhere, but without lessening his role as final big bad of Cataclysm, and the next expansion would work for that.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby theckhd » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:37 am

I'm calling it now - the raid instance will be Deathwing. We'll be crawling on his back and fighting a few encounters while he flies around Azeroth before jumping down his throat and fighting on his interior - think Sin from FFX.

Just pray we don't have to use the back door.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Mukat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:43 am

theckhd wrote:think Sin from FFX.

I've been saying this for months. Let's hop in an airship, have a throwaway first encounter with shooting down tons of twilight dragons with guns while slowly catching up with Deathwing while fighting over The entirety of EK/Kalimdor. Maybe have the instance "portal" be an airship crewmember who ports you into the raid instance, and you start out in an instanced Org/SW and board there. Chase Deathwing all over creation, then maybe have the fight culminate over the maelstrom. Maybe damage Deathwing's wings, and he falls into the maelstrom, and as hes descending back into Deepholm thru the rift, Therazane or Earthen Ring seals the rift finally and he gets cut in two pieces and just dies.

Obviously at some point the fight will move from aboard your faction's airship to Deathwing himself.
Last edited by Mukat on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mukat

Postby Malthrax » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 am

Mukat wrote:... and as hes descending back into Deepholm thru the rift, Therazane or Earthen Ring seals the rift finally and he gets cut in two pieces ...

... leaving just his tail sticking out from the center of the Maelstrom, waggling casually back and forth, like a tentacle.
Malthrax

Postby Jeremoot » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:40 pm

In before Deathwing is a world boss and we have to find him wherever he's currently burninating.
Jeremoot

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Shoju wrote:what "trash bosses" can there really be?
They say that there will be multiple encounters with Deathwing during the raid... but, will there be a Marrowgar that makes sense? I mean, he is "allied" with the old gods, and the elementals, so you have some who would work, but.... eh... Are we really going to see a not dead again nef and a zombie zombie ony? Who else could there be? Old Gods, Black Dragons.... Twilight Dragons.... Um, I guess....

Deathwing both historically and currently has tons of minions. Read the latest Thrall novel and you will see a bunch of dudes who could totally be bosses in the Deathwing raid.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby yappo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:07 pm

theckhd wrote:I'm calling it now - the raid instance will be Deathwing. We'll be crawling on his back and fighting a few encounters while he flies around Azeroth before jumping down his throat and fighting on his interior - think Sin from FFX.

Just pray we don't have to use the back door.

Seen any Inuyasha lately? :D
yappo

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Deathwing both historically and currently has tons of minions. Read the latest Thrall novel and you will see a bunch of dudes who could totally be bosses in the Deathwing raid.

Sinestra was merely a setback?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General