[10 HM] Beth'tilac

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10 HM] Beth'tilac

Postby Brosterr » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am

I thought i heard its like 60k HPS needed in p2. So no. And like stated above, thats not considering p1 which even with your mages cheesing it most likely cant be solo healed.
Brosterr

Postby Ezelyn » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:33 am

Thanks guys, can't push 60khps with 2 healers, exept when starting full mana and a low duration(holypal and druid)
Ezelyn

Postby Sundance » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:55 am

Ezelyn wrote:Thanks guys, can't push 60khps with 2 healers, exept when starting full mana and a low duration(holypal and druid)

I absolutely think you can 2 heal this with Holy/Resto, even without the mage trick. Phase 2 healing is very, very easy in the beginning. One extra DPS would mean: Easier addhandling below and lower entry health of Beth in p2. It would also mean a shorter phase 2. One requirement however is that your hunter is a godly broodling-soaker. You would also leave things to chance in p1 due to Range-Issues, 1 less soaker and again; Range issues.
Heímdall of <Helios> @ Argent Dawn - EU
Sundance

Postby Ezelyn » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:54 am

Sundance wrote:I absolutely think you can 2 heal this with Holy/Resto, even without the mage trick. Phase 2 healing is very, very easy in the beginning. One extra DPS would mean: Easier addhandling below and lower entry health of Beth in p2. It would also mean a shorter phase 2. One requirement however is that your hunter is a godly broodling-soaker. You would also leave things to chance in p1 due to Range-Issues, 1 less soaker and again; Range issues.

Down it last night (2 holypally and 1 resto druid).
As you say, 2 healing shouldn't be a problem in p2. But during p1, i'm not sure a drood can solo that. Even when we are avoiding a decimation, Cinderweb Spinners hurt hard (even when taunt is pretty reactiv)

Probably our first down wasn't perfect at all, but we were so close to lose people during transition... (Cinderweb Spinner + decimation + soaker low hp)
Ezelyn

Postby Paoanii » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:48 pm

So as of 4.2.2 my guild has been having an interesting issue with this fight. For whatever reason, our warrior tank has started getting pounded by this boss. Previously, our druid was able to easily heal our warrior tank through everything, but hes been taking abnormally large damage since the patch. During one attempt our warrior even got hit for 120k+ for no apparent reason, then got hit for almost 160k when he was battle rezzed. I included a link to WoL in the bottom of this post if anyone can provide any insight. This fight was previously farm content that we were one-shotting every week, but this week something changed and our warrior is taking unhealable damage.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-59neb906wgcpogji/details/8/?s=2114&e=2559
Paoanii

Postby Arincia » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Have them change specs and redo defensive stance. They may be getting crits from the latest threat patch.
Arincia

Postby Brosterr » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:14 pm

So after a bad couple weeks with vacas limiting us to 1.5 nights of raiding we got back into this and are near the end. We can get to p2 fine assuming no soaker randomly dies.

We have a mele heavy comp that i think i found a solution to. Atm we have our hunter to spiders and our rdruid assist with bombers and heal the hunter. They do fine, never need to kite the drones. We had 3 mele last night which was Ret on the bottom taunting spinners and killing them with our mage on the first set. War and Rogue up top on first set, war down for taunts on second, rogue up, last all down. Easily pushed to 80% and things are good as is. We will also have our spriest next time we go in so it would be two ranged on spinners, same with the others stuff. The only thing that seems to be any issue at all is the spinners, just the rng of 3 spits on a soaker or something stupid. The change ill purpose below is not because theres much going wrong with what were doing, its because im thinking, why not optimize for an easier kill.

Here is my question: Can i have our OT (DK) go frost with chillbains (a spec he is very good at) do the spiders instead of the hunter freeing up yet another ranged to blow the shit out of the spinners before they are even all the way down from the web? Or....is a hunter really that much more ideal. I honestly dont know how a dk compares to a hunter, if a hunter is 100% of what you need a dk is what? 80%? 100%? Can they easily handle the job without letting spiders get through? (assuming they have the skill, which our dk does).

Sorry for sloppy writing, not in the mood to pay much attention to punc.
Brosterr

Postby fafhrd » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:12 pm

People do have DKs (presumably frost DKs) doing it. The hunter can immune himself to the explosions every few minutes, but I think his primary advantage is mobility and 2 aoe roots, not really mitigation - on 10 since you have to move from spawn to spawn instead of camping out one particular spawn like on 25, disengage, posthaste and a well timed cheetahs are nice, as is track beasts to see where they're spawning. You can also disengage or master's call over the voidzones. I'm saying that from a hunter point of view though, maybe DKs have a bunch of other tools that I'm not aware of - if it works being able to deathgrip a broodling to you when it's on the other side of a void zone would be even better than trying to disengage/MC over to it for instance, and DK might not explode as easily as I do, and have access to passive runspeed that might be better than a hunter's boot enchant.

Meanwhile frost DKs might not be good at killing spinners while they're in the air, but they shouldn't stay in the air for very long and frost DKs can likely cleave the 2-3 adds in the middle better than hunters can, MM is not all that great at burning down several medium health mobs quickly.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Jaitee » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:57 pm

fafhrd wrote:People do have DKs (presumably frost DKs) doing it. The hunter can immune himself to the explosions every few minutes, but I think his primary advantage is mobility and 2 aoe roots, not really mitigation - on 10 since you have to move from spawn to spawn instead of camping out one particular spawn like on 25, disengage, posthaste and a well timed cheetahs are nice, as is track beasts to see where they're spawning. You can also disengage or master's call over the voidzones. I'm saying that from a hunter point of view though, maybe DKs have a bunch of other tools that I'm not aware of - if it works being able to deathgrip a broodling to you when it's on the other side of a void zone would be even better than trying to disengage/MC over to it for instance, and DK might not explode as easily as I do, and have access to passive runspeed that might be better than a hunter's boot enchant.

Meanwhile frost DKs might not be good at killing spinners while they're in the air, but they shouldn't stay in the air for very long and frost DKs can likely cleave the 2-3 adds in the middle better than hunters can, MM is not all that great at burning down several medium health mobs quickly.

another reason for a hunter is that if they get fixated by the drone they can feign death and the fixate is removed if you use a DK then you need a backup for if they get fixated and cant move to the new spawn without risking getting the whole group hit by the aoe thing
hunters if doing it right can get an almost 100% uptime on a 20% damage reduction through the glyph of raptor strike and they get 2 aoe roots both on a 30 second CD (through the talent entrapment)
Jaitee

Postby frontallobe » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:52 am

A few times now the spinners have targeted the upstairs tank which makes it a bit tougher to pull them down. Anyone else seeing this? Maybe the dk up top is "cleaving" them before they get down? idk, any thoughts?
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:17 am

frontallobe wrote:A few times now the spinners have targeted the upstairs tank which makes it a bit tougher to pull them down. Anyone else seeing this? Maybe the dk up top is "cleaving" them before they get down? idk, any thoughts?

I imagine that might be related to the DK self-heal?

I've also had them target me down below for no apparent reason. You just have to use your Hand of Reckoning and hope for the best. Ideally, you have other players that can help taunt in these situations.
Belloc

Postby Adornus » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:55 am

This fight is now two healable, and you can consistently send up two. You can get her to 50-60% going into the second phase. Hero/BL at about 40% and collect loot.
Adornus

Postby frontallobe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:00 am

We killed it last night. Here's some things that made it work for us post-nerf. (we hadn't tried pre-nerf but I'm sensing it would have been the wall for us tbh)

1. We sent 2 up top for the first devastation then kept only one up (she came down with 73% hp)
2. I avoided the weird threat bugs by making sure DPS WAS hitting them on the "vine." (better to have them have threat than an unreachable tank up top)
3. We mapped out the very end of the fight before hand (I'll post below) and it really helped us. (A lot of you have better team cohesion and may not need something as anal as this)
4. We lusted at 40%

1st Taunt (Jay)
.00 Holy Shield STARTS [20% damage reduction]
.10 HP ENDS
.10 Divine Protection STARTS [20% damage reduction]
.20 DP ENDS & 4pc bonus parry STARTS + Tinket 1 [50% dodge + parry]
.30 Holy Shield starts [20% damage reduction] + 4pc ENDS
.40 HP ENDS + Trinket 1 ENDS
.40 Tinket 2 [40% dodge + parry]
.60 Trinket 2 ENDS

3rd Taunt (Jay)
.00 Holy Shield STARTS [20% damage reduction] + Pain Suppression [40% damage redux]
.08 Pain Suppression END
.10 HP ENDS
.10 Divine Protection STARTS [20% damage reduction] + GaK [50% damage redux]
.20 DP ENDS & 4pc bonus parry STARTS + Tinket 1 [50% dodge + parry]
.22 GaK ends
.22 SANC + Bubble [30% less damage] 12 seconds
.30 Holy Shield starts [20% damage reduction] + 4pc ENDS
.40 HP ENDS + Trinket 1 ENDS
.40 Tinket 2 [40% dodge + parry] – Bubble on command
.60 Trinket 2 ENDS

1st attempt
re-worked threat and taunting strategy
pop upstairs works (75% total hp coming down?)

2nd attempt..
never killed the drone .. wipe

3rd attempt
She's dead tanks HP/Survive was a non-issue

Total tank time of P2 was 2m out of an expected 3m. DPS needed to average 20k and they averaged 26k. Win.
frontallobe

Postby frontallobe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:01 am

PS - I used moonwell phial (dodge on use) and the new trinket from the dire brew (passive dodge and dodge on use) as my Trinket 1 & 2. Both are on a 2m timer
frontallobe

Postby Técaro » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Surely you're not blockcapped with those trinkets?

We killed it ages ago, but post-nerf we 2healed it with a holy pala/resto druid. I was the pala as an offspec at 373ish gear. Our rdruid has near BiS with shard of woe though, so that helped. Sent 2 up constantly. I oomed near the end because of my gear, but the fight was a bit of a joke compared to what it was prenerf. Guess that's to be expected from a throughput check though.
Técaro

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)