Soloing The Splintered Throne

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Soloing The Splintered Throne

Postby Arianne » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:27 pm

I have the Shadowmourne quest completed to The Splintered Throne (and I have 9 shards). I'd like to finish the quest if I can and this probably will mean by myself as much as possible. What bosses can I solo in normal 25 man ICC (or heroic 25 ICC)? I imagine Marrowgar and Deathwhisper would be doable (depending on gear and how much damage they're doing to me). I'm not sure how I'd do gunship though unless I do it as Ret maybe? Saurfang probably will do too much damage?

Has anyone attempted these solo?
Arianne

Re: Soloing The Splintered Throne

Postby theckhd » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:12 pm

No idea, but I hope so, because I'm at 9 shards myself. Time to start experimenting.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Treck » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:01 am

I really dont think you can solo many bosses.
I remember DKs soloing marrowgar/rotface, with insane selfhealing, but since you need to do 25man for legendary shards iirc, the bosses are gonna have loads of HP.
Paladins really just dont have the nessecary selfhealing to solo these fights i think, but do try, would be interesting to know.
Treck

Postby Torias » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:12 am

Marrowgar has 23.7m HP on 25-man and a 10 minute enrage timer, so you would need just shy of 40k DPS to kill him before the enrage, solo. I'm pretty sure the later bosses have even more. Saurfang is obviously out of the question, Deathwhisper seems unlikely due to Frostbolt.

Festergut you wouldn't have the DPS. Rotface seems improbable, he has the better part of 36mil HP on 25-man but no enrage that I recall, however I doubt Paladins have the self healing for that any more. Putricide is out of the question.

BPC are out because of the empowered shadow lance and empowered flame orb (I'm presuming they still cast at least one of those solo), Lana'thel you just wouldn't be able to muster the DPS even if self healing wasn't an issue.

Valithria is definitely out, as is Sindragosa (even if she doesn't cast ice tomb on you, mystic buffet would make it impossible quite aside from the high damage). I'm pretty sure paladins wouldn't have the self-heals for Arthas, too.

That just leaves Gunship... might be possible, I guess? I think you'd have much better luck even just getting a group of say, four or five friends to help you out every now and then.
Torias

Return to General Strats