Remove Advertisements

Nerfed block chance on Baleroc encounter?

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Nerfed block chance on Baleroc encounter?

Postby Skylerr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Been having the same issue with this too. Not major one but is bugging me a bit on it. Is there any difference in CTC for dual wield npc's or would that not change anything?
Skylerr

Postby baff » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:52 am

Skylerr wrote:Been having the same issue with this too. Not major one but is bugging me a bit on it. Is there any difference in CTC for dual wield npc's or would that not change anything?

It seems like in this long thread, no one bothered to mention the bottom line (unless I missed it).

For normal melee hits, 102.4% is cap.

For inferno strikes, the miss portion of the table is removed (he will never miss). You would think that this would imply a need to add 4.4% to cap (0.6% already removed due to boss level), but you actually need 5%(I'm pretty sure this is a bug), for a total of 107.4% to be sure you block every hit which connects.

On a side note, achieving 107.4% is surprisingly not too difficult, even without a mastery elixir (assuming some firelands gear).
baff

Postby lythac » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 am

For full CTC vs Inferno Strikes it should be 101.8% Dodge, Parry and Block, the same as Illidan's Shear.

Have hits been shown anywhere for 107.4% Miss, Dodge, Parry and Block?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby baff » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:12 am

lythac wrote:For full CTC vs Inferno Strikes it should be 101.8% Dodge, Parry and Block, the same as Illidan's Shear.

Have hits been shown anywhere for 107.4% Miss, Dodge, Parry and Block?

I was at 101.8% for Dodge, Parry and Block, and still got a few non blocked hits. With 102.4% for those (which translates to 107.4% with the miss) I did not get any unblocked hits.

Again, I think this is a bug and should be 101.8% (or in other words, adding only 4.4% for the missed 5%), but I find out the hard way that it is not the case.
baff

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:08 pm

baff wrote:It seems like in this long thread, no one bothered to mention the bottom line (unless I missed it).

For normal melee hits, 102.4% is cap.

You missed it. The OP is talking about normal melee hits. Not inferno strikes. One more time, with extra clarity: at 102.4% miss + dodge + parry + block, I received unblocked hits from Baleroc's melee auto-attacks.
Rhiannon

Postby Schroom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:21 pm

I got something weird related to this issue too.

seeing the expression editor: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1nyukdfaok9v9usu/xe/?s=10954&e=11414&x=targetName%3D%22Schroom%22+and+%28type%3D1+or+type%3D2+%29&page=1

everything seems as intended. except for Infernostrikes and decimating blades nothing gets through without being blocked/parried/blocked or miss.

Although, if you go here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gib1fnmq9i5riw01/details/1/?s=13380&e=13678 and you go to damage by spell -> damage taken -> melee it shows me one hit, which went through and hit me with 51048 damage.

Notice that the number 51048 doesn't show up in the result from the expression editor once. And there is No full absorb which could count as a hit. so where does this "ghost" come from?

oh and second, I noticed that apparently I died twice in this fight? well I only died once and that was with the last hit when me and the boss fell at the same time.

so this one:

Code: Select all
[22:11:11.675] Baloroc hits Schroom 39963 (O: 338, B: 18106)

seems a bit odd too...
Schroom

Postby Yelena » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:34 am

The Expression Editor link you gave goes to a Majordomo Staghelm kill.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gib1 ... type%3D101 is what corresponds to the unblocked hit that showed up in "Damage by Spell" on the Baleroc encounter.

[22:11:48.103] Baloroc hits Schroom 47714 (A: 3334)

Adds up to 51048.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby madmessias » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Trying to get to the 107.4, got 105.8 with all raidbuffs now (i think?) mastery elixir, mastery food and kings/battle shout.. any way to squeeze out an extra few percentages?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ias/simple is my armory :) And cant really change the trinket to spidersinkle since the resistance is so good for inf.blades.
madmessias

Postby Schroom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:35 pm

The Expression Editor link you gave goes to a Majordomo Staghelm kill.

first of all sorry for that, must have copied fromt he wrong tab in my browser.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gib1 ... type%3D101 is what corresponds to the unblocked hit that showed up in "Damage by Spell" on the Baleroc encounter.

thank you, tho it's awfully strange as I was at about 103. sth
Schroom

Postby pfunkmort » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:36 am

madmessias wrote:Trying to get to the 107.4, got 105.8 with all raidbuffs now (i think?) mastery elixir, mastery food and kings/battle shout.. any way to squeeze out an extra few percentages?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ias/simple is my armory :) And cant really change the trinket to spidersinkle since the resistance is so good for inf.blades.

iirc, the heroic warbone helm is an increase in total CTC over the normal one you're wearing. The hyjal quest reward cloak also I believe offers more towards coverage. There's a ring off of one of the molten front daily vendors which is parry/mast and 365, so higher itemized than the t11 badge thing you're wearing. If you really wanted to get fancy, the BOE mast/exp neck is like a .35% increase in CTC, as it has such a nice shot of mastery.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:38 am

pfunkmort wrote:
madmessias wrote:Trying to get to the 107.4, got 105.8 with all raidbuffs now (i think?) mastery elixir, mastery food and kings/battle shout.. any way to squeeze out an extra few percentages?

iirc, the heroic warbone helm is an increase in total CTC over the normal one you're wearing. The hyjal quest reward cloak also I believe offers more towards coverage. There's a ring off of one of the molten front daily vendors which is parry/mast and 365, so higher itemized than the t11 badge thing you're wearing. If you really wanted to get fancy, the BOE mast/exp neck is like a .35% increase in CTC, as it has such a nice shot of mastery.

Also, wouldn't the Rhyolith back be better as well? (Yes, the agility one with the two extra sockets.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby pfunkmort » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:56 am

sorry, I assumed he didn't have access to any firelands gear he wasn't wearing. don't ask me why. it's 9:53 am and a late night, not an early morning.

but...back to the issue of 107.4%. This was a derailment from the OP in that they were originally talking about melee hits (one which I think was a user error in reading the logs). However, just for the record, what is the relevance of 107.4%? Is it ACTUALLY the point at which inferno strikes are always mitigated? I feel like there's conflicting information in this thread about it.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 pm

I'm almost certain I got hit by an unblocked inferno strike with 107.5% (and I died as a result, as I was relying on holy shield as my CD at the time). Not 100% certain though. Since then I've been wearing 108.4% for that fight, maybe once Rag's down I'll experiment more but don't really want to waste time on potential wipes at this moment.
Rhiannon

Postby Schroom » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:21 am

at least in theory the cap for infernostrikes should be at 106.8 not 107.4. the ignored miss is 4.4
Schroom

Postby theckhd » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 am

Schroom wrote:at least in theory the cap for infernostrikes should be at 106.8 not 107.4. the ignored miss is 4.4

Except, as we've been discussing, there seems to be a phantom 1% hit on Baleroc, possibly due to the way they coded his dual-wielding. That would push it up to 107.8%.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations