Remove Advertisements

Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Grothilia » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:21 am

I wonder if there are reasons to stack mastery after reaching the block cap (102.4). Warriors got some critical block mechanic, but whats about paladins? Changing priority back to dodge/parry to minimize taken damage or did i overlook something?
Grothilia

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Metherlance » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:28 am

Grothilia wrote:I wonder if there are reasons to stack mastery after reaching the block cap (102.4). Warriors got some critical block mechanic, but whats about paladins? Changing priority back to dodge/parry to minimize taken damage or did i overlook something?

Paladins do not anything out of mastery after 102.4. You could start changing gems back to more stamina, or like you said, start getting more dodge and parry.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Sar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 am

Now that I'm block capped with food I'm going to keep stacking it until I can get block capped without mastery food & a mastery elixir, so I can use other buff food and flasks. Then I'll start stacking stamina and threat stats.
Sar

Postby Siiri » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 am

Sar wrote:Now that I'm block capped with food I'm going to keep stacking it until I can get block capped without mastery food & a mastery elixir, so I can use other buff food and flasks. Then I'll start stacking stamina and threat stats.

Still haven't seen any use of threat stats except the bird fight.. Better to have a second set for that.. And stamina isn't an issue either, better to stick to dodge/parry (at least that's my view, haven't seem that much spelldmg intake).
Siiri

Postby Sar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Or after the hotfix today for +Threat maybe just stamina :)
Sar

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:06 am

Moving this thread to the gearing forum, as it isn't about heavy theorycrafting or calculations.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby tinalt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Here's my question, how is it that everyone seems to have such an easy time reaching the block cap?

I've got almost full 378 gear, gemming, enchanting, reforging for more mastery/dodge, I'm running dual mastery trinkets, eating mastery food, and I'm sitting at 102.2%

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... t/advanced is my generic tank gear.
On my mastery set I swap out the stam trinket for the TB mastery trinket, the shoulders for heaving plates of protection, and the relic for the last tiers relic, since it has mastery.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Soloz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 am

tinalt wrote:Here's my question, how is it that everyone seems to have such an easy time reaching the block cap?

I've got almost full 378 gear, gemming, enchanting, reforging for more mastery/dodge, I'm running dual mastery trinkets, eating mastery food, and I'm sitting at 102.2%

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... t/advanced is my generic tank gear.
On my mastery set I swap out the stam trinket for the TB mastery trinket, the shoulders for heaving plates of protection, and the relic for the last tiers relic, since it has mastery.

You lack some pieces of gear that have loads of mastery on them in particular your chest/shoulder/belt/cloak, Beth chest has 260, Thrall quest cloak as 134, the shannox belt has enormous mastery 302 for the normal version, and either tier or rag shoulders are great in mastery

I sit very comfortably at the cap with raid buffswhile swapping jc gems back to stam and Im only 1 ilvl higher than you :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... z/advanced
Soloz

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:22 pm

I've been blockcapped since mid-T11, although I did pay a significant stamina price for it; our progression level did not demand the full stamina builds the 13/ guilds did. I'm also a BS/JC, which makes it considerably easier -- you might consider swapping mining and JC if you really want to min/max. I'm at the point now where I've swapped Fractured Eyes for Solid Eyes since I'm at 103% with just an elixir.

Edit: just noticed the ridiculous amount of mastery on the offset chest, which I had lying around. With that and some gem changes I'm capped, still using Solid Eyes, and normal Feast/Cauldron.

If you keep using mastery consumables you should have no problems reaching cap.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Draslin » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah, i passed block cap by a considerable amount, so I've moved from broken mirror / alchemist stone to alchemist's stone / scales of life. If/when I get the trinket off of beth'tilac I'll probably swap in some stam/mastery gems in my yellow slots as cap allows.
Draslin

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice