Remove Advertisements

Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Grothilia » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:21 am

I wonder if there are reasons to stack mastery after reaching the block cap (102.4). Warriors got some critical block mechanic, but whats about paladins? Changing priority back to dodge/parry to minimize taken damage or did i overlook something?
Grothilia
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 am

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Metherlance » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:28 am

Grothilia wrote:I wonder if there are reasons to stack mastery after reaching the block cap (102.4). Warriors got some critical block mechanic, but whats about paladins? Changing priority back to dodge/parry to minimize taken damage or did i overlook something?


Paladins do not anything out of mastery after 102.4. You could start changing gems back to more stamina, or like you said, start getting more dodge and parry.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:30 am
Location: Ljusdal, Sweden

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Sar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 am

Now that I'm block capped with food I'm going to keep stacking it until I can get block capped without mastery food & a mastery elixir, so I can use other buff food and flasks. Then I'll start stacking stamina and threat stats.
Sar
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Siiri » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 am

Sar wrote:Now that I'm block capped with food I'm going to keep stacking it until I can get block capped without mastery food & a mastery elixir, so I can use other buff food and flasks. Then I'll start stacking stamina and threat stats.


Still haven't seen any use of threat stats except the bird fight.. Better to have a second set for that.. And stamina isn't an issue either, better to stick to dodge/parry (at least that's my view, haven't seem that much spelldmg intake).
Siiri
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:03 am

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Sar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Or after the hotfix today for +Threat maybe just stamina :)
Sar
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby theckhd » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:06 am

Moving this thread to the gearing forum, as it isn't about heavy theorycrafting or calculations.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7658
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby tinalt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Here's my question, how is it that everyone seems to have such an easy time reaching the block cap?

I've got almost full 378 gear, gemming, enchanting, reforging for more mastery/dodge, I'm running dual mastery trinkets, eating mastery food, and I'm sitting at 102.2%

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... t/advanced is my generic tank gear.
On my mastery set I swap out the stam trinket for the TB mastery trinket, the shoulders for heaving plates of protection, and the relic for the last tiers relic, since it has mastery.
User avatar
tinalt
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Soloz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:44 am

tinalt wrote:Here's my question, how is it that everyone seems to have such an easy time reaching the block cap?

I've got almost full 378 gear, gemming, enchanting, reforging for more mastery/dodge, I'm running dual mastery trinkets, eating mastery food, and I'm sitting at 102.2%

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... t/advanced is my generic tank gear.
On my mastery set I swap out the stam trinket for the TB mastery trinket, the shoulders for heaving plates of protection, and the relic for the last tiers relic, since it has mastery.


You lack some pieces of gear that have loads of mastery on them in particular your chest/shoulder/belt/cloak, Beth chest has 260, Thrall quest cloak as 134, the shannox belt has enormous mastery 302 for the normal version, and either tier or rag shoulders are great in mastery

I sit very comfortably at the cap with raid buffswhile swapping jc gems back to stam and Im only 1 ilvl higher than you :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... z/advanced
Soloz
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:22 pm

I've been blockcapped since mid-T11, although I did pay a significant stamina price for it; our progression level did not demand the full stamina builds the 13/ guilds did. I'm also a BS/JC, which makes it considerably easier -- you might consider swapping mining and JC if you really want to min/max. I'm at the point now where I've swapped Fractured Eyes for Solid Eyes since I'm at 103% with just an elixir.

Edit: just noticed the ridiculous amount of mastery on the offset chest, which I had lying around. With that and some gem changes I'm capped, still using Solid Eyes, and normal Feast/Cauldron.

If you keep using mastery consumables you should have no problems reaching cap.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Mastery beyond the Block Cap

Postby Draslin » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah, i passed block cap by a considerable amount, so I've moved from broken mirror / alchemist stone to alchemist's stone / scales of life. If/when I get the trinket off of beth'tilac I'll probably swap in some stam/mastery gems in my yellow slots as cap allows.
Draslin
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:54 am


Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest