Remove Advertisements

4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.3 rumours on MMO Champ

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 pm

halabar wrote:RaidFinder should make BH easier to get done... no more sitting in town watching trade chat..

Except, off which person's server do they operate?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shamora » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:31 pm

I would imagine you could only queue for it if you control it on your server. Then you will get paired up with people that similarly control it on their server.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Shamora wrote:I would imagine you could only queue for it if you control it on your server. Then you will get paired up with people that similarly control it on their server.

One can hope...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Epimer wrote:
sherck wrote:
Raid Finder
The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.

The new definition of FAIL.

This will be incredibly funny.

Cheers,

No kidding. I'll be diving straight into this on an alt, with absolutely zero expectations of success. Worst case scenario, I get to witness some incredible scenes. Can't hurt.

In the event that you actually down a boss, can you imagine the loot drama should people need on items they aren't supposed to need on? I see keyboards sales up when they implement it due to RAAAAGGGEEEEEEEEE.
Cogglamp

Postby Mukat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:01 pm

They could change the looting system again. Need for spec you queued as? Hit need. Need for offspec, hit greed for offspec. Want for money or DE? Greed/DE.
By restricting you to only need something (and probably win it) that you can use in your current spec could also stop the people needing for offspec drama in randoms, since you wont win that tank piece over the tank if he needs it. But of course then you have items that have mastery and hit/exp. Then i guess those would be coded as either/or. I'm sure Blizzard could figure it out. Don't know how those casters would figure it out, though.
Mukat

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Epimer wrote:No kidding. I'll be diving straight into this on an alt, with absolutely zero expectations of success. Worst case scenario, I get to witness some incredible scenes. Can't hurt.

Write a blog about it :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
halabar wrote:RaidFinder should make BH easier to get done... no more sitting in town watching trade chat..

Except, off which person's server do they operate?

I honestly wouldn't mind if it didn't matter. This "oh hey do we control thing so we can do thing" isn't exactly compelling. At least on my server, where there are about four alliance. Maybe it's different on "balanced" servers.

The first six bosses now have an increased chance of dropping a Crystallized Firestone on Heroic difficulty.

Neat.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:29 pm

No rumours about the next xpac besides the Mists of Pandaria thing. Doesn´t sound like it´s only one year away.
Dantriges

Postby Passionario » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Raid Finder
The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.

If that means ignoring lockouts, this will open up a lot of new possibilities.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Mukat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:44 pm

Passionario wrote:If that means ignoring lockouts, this will open up a lot of new possibilities.

Then it might be limited to sub-current tier raiding.
Mukat

Postby Koatanga » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Passionario wrote:If that means ignoring lockouts, this will open up a lot of new possibilities.

I doubt they would give a random raid option, so I believe lockouts would apply.

Having said that, it'll be interesting to see how that pans out, given that if the raid wipes on the 2nd boss and bails, you are stuck with the first boss saved and then I presume you wouldn't be able to queue, or could only be placed with others who have also downed that boss.

Watching bads fail is fun for lols, I guess, but getting saved to a raid for the week after only one boss makes it a lot less fun.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Koatanga wrote:

I doubt they would give a random raid option, so I believe lockouts would apply.

Having said that, it'll be interesting to see how that pans out, given that if the raid wipes on the 2nd boss and bails, you are stuck with the first boss saved and then I presume you wouldn't be able to queue, or could only be placed with others who have also downed that boss.

Watching bads fail is fun for lols, I guess, but getting saved to a raid for the week after only one boss makes it a lot less fun.

However... joining a T11 pug raid might be a nice change from RDF.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Dantriges » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:09 pm

More hi...bye relationships?
Dantriges

Postby Mukat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Dantriges wrote:More hi...bye relationships?

I'd imagine the vote-kick would function a bit differently, to allow people to more quickly rid themselves of troublemakers and bads. But like I said before, I could see this realistically limited to old content. What I would want to see most is the ability to queue for ANY raid. Not having to scrape together a pug for ICC sounds awesome.
Mukat

Postby yappo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Hmm.

Xpac in may - july 2012 sounds iffy for me.

Why would they release an x-pac when people are outdoors? Nov - first half dec ties in so much better with x-mas.

Anyway, we haven't seen anything about PTR or beta for 4.3. So my guess would be late this year. Half a year for announcing the x-pac and testing it. Sound either like pushing it, or we'll get something rather half-arsed due to constraints in development time.

Sure, if they're already planning to bag this game in, say, three or four years time, why not?
yappo

PreviousNext

Return to General