47 Paladin Prot/Ret

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

47 Paladin Prot/Ret

Postby ex0r » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:40 am

Okay guys, I am new to world of warcraft, and up until now haven't really done much dungeoning except for what I had to do for quests. I'm looking at getting into it, and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on what I need for gear for my dungeon doing. Here is my character:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... alk/simple

I'm also looking to see if somebody could give me a rough idea on a rotation that works for a protection paladin. I currently have a bar setup specifically for raiding, and would like to find out what the best method is to be the most effective at tanking.

Please remember I am new, and don't fully understand the workings of all the dungeon stuff yet, as this is my first high level character and i've done quests up to this point.
ex0r

Re: 47 Paladin Prot/Ret

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 pm

I'd probably talent like http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent ... 1!!kbjYeZg!

And the rotation you can do now is pretty close to the end game one. So look at that guide.

For quick and dirty rotation every other attack will be Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous. Use Judgement and Avenger's Shield between those. Use Shield of the Righteous when you have three Holy Power.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby ex0r » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't have shield of righteous yet, so I can't use that, and I was told to use Hammer of Righteous instead of crusader strike, since they share a cool down and HOR does multi-target damage. I have avengers shield set to 3 and hammer of righteous set to 2, and I alternate between 3 and 2 when i attack. as for shield of righteousness, I don't have it yet so I can't use it. Maybe i'll have to unlearn all my talents and set it up like that tree.

Also, you mentioned the end-game guide for rotation. Is that on this forum, or is it somewhere else I need to look for it?

Also, does my gear look like it is useable in dungeons for my level, or should I start looking for better gear?
ex0r

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:27 am

Hammer and CS share a cooldown not so one replaces the other (like Strike/Mortal Strike and Primal/Stormstrike) but because they're situational. CS does much higher single target damage, while HotR does the AoE burst. Use both, depending on which is better for the situation.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:49 am

Beginners guide is here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31912

Gear is okay, I'd replace some of the mail with plate but it shouldn't matter.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice