Remove Advertisements

Firelands Progression path

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Firelands Progression path

Postby Ezelyn » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:26 am

alyzrazor is definitively the best boss as a holy paladin.

- sexy wings
- you can fly during 15sec
- you can cast divine light while running
Ezelyn

Postby Daenerys » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:16 pm

I found the difficulty level in 10-man NORMAL to be roughly:

Beth'tilac<Shannox<Baleroc<Majordomo<Lord Rhyolith<Alysrazor<Ragnaros (caveat: have not attempted Rag yet).

We're a fairly casual six hours a week raiding group that finished 7/13 H for 4.0, but we have strong healers, so fights like baleroc/majordomo were fairly trivial. Lord Rhyo, despite being touted as a joke of a fight, actually gave us quite a bit of trouble regarding getting that damn steering right.

Alysrazor was not as hard as expected, but it definitely took more time than anything else other than Rhyo. I found that it was actually a very easy fight mechanically, it just felt long with the major problem that needed to be ironed out being tank deaths in phase 1. (tip to dk tanks: use death strike glyph, it will double your dps.)

I know this thread has multiple posts but I didn't think it would hurt to add one more viewpoint. I find threads like these immensely helpful when deciding what to work on next. With the amount of time we have, we really need to pick and choose where to go next carefully. Of course the above list does need to include a caveat that Majordomo cannot be downed until Alysrazor is down (as well as the other bosses excluding Ragnaros). I have not played a prot paladin in a very long time, but this forum is actually still the very first one I visit when trying to figure out raid strategies and progression paths.
Daenerys

Postby VikrumthePally » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:56 am

So unless I am missing something I am not seeing any comments on Heroic Progression. Obviously we start with Shannox (got him last night) as seems to be the norm. However my Guildies and I are at a bit of a crossraods on which one to tackle next this Sunday night.

I personally think Beth. This fight can hardly be considered a Raid Boss (for our gear level/raiding experience) and if I am reading the Dungeon Journal correctly the only new part to the fight is a type of spider add that spawns on the ground floor > fixates on random player > has to be killed before it reaches said player.

We currently aren't running into any dps issues on the ground on normal so I think this is a good next step. However some of the raiders are suggesting Ryolith.

Thoughts?

P.S. We are 10 man and I am also interested in thoughts of progression path beyond these 3 fights.
VikrumthePally

Postby Timbalcrash » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 am

Is there any change regarding the number of needed tanks later on in the heroic progression of the bosses in 25man or 10man?

Currently our raid is considering how to manage tank pool size as this tier seems to need fewer tanks in average as the last one.
Timbalcrash

Postby RedAces » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:45 am

From my perspective (10m 13/13 2/7 raider)
We did Rhyolith 2nd, from the journal it seemed like an easy fight but the dps req is brutal. We did it with 2 heals/1 Tank and barely made it... So it was hard.
The best raidgroup on our realm did Beth after rhyo and said the DPS requirement for her is even higher... we'll see on monday how that turns out for us.

Regarding number of tanks:
Shannox hc 2
Rhyolith hc 1
Bethilac hc 2
Alysrazor hc 2
Baleroc hc 1
Majordomo hc 1+? I'm thinking 1 since nh is 1 too
Ragnaros hc 2
RedAces

Postby MomysLidlMonsta » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:13 am

We did Shannox -> Rhyolith -> Baleroc and are now progressing on Beth on Heroic.

The DPS requirement for Beth is definitely the highest of the first 5 bosses, but apart from that the fight is pretty simple. Alysrazor is considered easyier by many, because it's more about proper execution.
MomysLidlMonsta

Postby frontallobe » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:38 am

Bumping
Frontallobe ~http://www.ihazlead.com
Raid leading and generally being terrible since Molten Core
frontallobe

Postby Frantica » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:51 am

In H-10s we did Shannox > Ryolith. We are currently working on Alysrazor and it is very much doable, just have to have people not stand in fire. We will be going to Baleroc next and finally to beth'tilac. We do not have a hunter for the spiderlings in our group so it makes beth'tilac very difficult (We tried it for 2 nights of attempts).
Frantica

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:25 am

We poked at 25m Ryolith a bit last night. This is such an incredibly poorly designed fight that we are just going to skip it entirely and just move on to Heroic Alysrazor. We play the game to have fun, and we don't find 25m H.Ryo to be remotely entertaining.

I have heard that h.Domo is actually easier than h.Beth. Any comments?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby illinivb7 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:34 am

for 10m heroic we did shannox then rhyo, did some pulls on beth but not really thinking we are going to pursue this. Now im kind of up in the air as far as alys/bale/domo all seem doable but not totally sure on the order to pursue them in.
illinivb7

Postby Frantica » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 am

With the recent changes to firelands, I would definately put Rhyolith as 2nd in heroic progression. Active volcanos now remove 16 stacks of armor instead of 10 and this greatly reduces the DPS requirement for the heroic encounter.
Frantica

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:54 am

Yes, the fight's been nerfed, but it still isn't any fun.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Frantica » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:58 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Yes, the fight's been nerfed, but it still isn't any fun.

Agreed. We have not went back to him since we killed because it was such a tight fight on 10 man. We will now be adding it to our farm rotation.
Frantica

Postby illinivb7 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:16 pm

the 16 change is only to normal, as is the lines change
illinivb7

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 pm

illinivb7 wrote:the 16 change is only to normal, as is the lines change

That's what I originally thoughy, but it doesn't specifically say that. And with all the other changes it does say specifically "on normal only".
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)