Remove Advertisements

[10H] Alysrazor

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10H] Alysrazor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:36 pm

No real strat questions since I think we have the strat worked out, but do the tornadoes move slower on Heroic? They definitely seem much easier to dodge than on Normal the last few weeks, to me and to a couple of other people in the raid (most of whom never get hit by them, so it's not like they have any reason to make up excuses for anything).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Arkesh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Can't confirm or deny that the speed is different, but to me it doesn't seem any different.
User avatar
Arkesh
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 am
Location: Scotland

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby timoseewho » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:02 pm

I haven't noticed the difference in speed either.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
User avatar
timoseewho
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Metherlance » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:00 am

fafhrd wrote:No real strat questions since I think we have the strat worked out, but do the tornadoes move slower on Heroic? They definitely seem much easier to dodge than on Normal the last few weeks, to me and to a couple of other people in the raid (most of whom never get hit by them, so it's not like they have any reason to make up excuses for anything).


Are they running behind the tornadoes straight after they spawn? They leave a fire thing behind them on heroic for a few secs after spawning, could be that.

We actually use feathers much more wisely on heroic so they indeed do seem to move slower, since everyone has at least one speed buff. :)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:30 am
Location: Ljusdal, Sweden

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby RedAces » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:38 am

Mh I had the feeling they are faster on heroic than on normal - but they shouldn't be a problem either way. I'll go the extra hard way and try to take a few gates (as tank!) to train myself (or if I have to dps on that fight I'm already trained!).
Image
User avatar
RedAces
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am
Location: Germany

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby fafhrd » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 am

Metherlance wrote:
fafhrd wrote:No real strat questions since I think we have the strat worked out, but do the tornadoes move slower on Heroic? They definitely seem much easier to dodge than on Normal the last few weeks, to me and to a couple of other people in the raid (most of whom never get hit by them, so it's not like they have any reason to make up excuses for anything).


Are they running behind the tornadoes straight after they spawn? They leave a fire thing behind them on heroic for a few secs after spawning, could be that.

We actually use feathers much more wisely on heroic so they indeed do seem to move slower, since everyone has at least one speed buff. :)


No, noone's having problems with tornadoes, we just had several people comment that they seem to be moving slower.

And we actually have fewer feathers on heroic, since we're sending 2 people up (only 1 for normal) and she seems to only be dropping 6 feathers, so many don't get our first feather until 2nd round of them, and never go above 1 the whole fight :/

Weird, I guess we're just wrong about the speed difference.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Paoanii » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:31 pm

fafhrd wrote:No, noone's having problems with tornadoes, we just had several people comment that they seem to be moving slower.

And we actually have fewer feathers on heroic, since we're sending 2 people up (only 1 for normal) and she seems to only be dropping 6 feathers, so many don't get our first feather until 2nd round of them, and never go above 1 the whole fight :/

Weird, I guess we're just wrong about the speed difference.


If people are making sure to pick up every single feather that spawns and not missing any, there should be 8-9 feathers from the start and out of each burnout followed by 7-8 from every firestorm. We usually have everyone with 2 feathers and 2 people in the air going into the tornado phase.
Image
Paoanii
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:49 am

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 am

Paoanii wrote:
fafhrd wrote:No, noone's having problems with tornadoes, we just had several people comment that they seem to be moving slower.

And we actually have fewer feathers on heroic, since we're sending 2 people up (only 1 for normal) and she seems to only be dropping 6 feathers, so many don't get our first feather until 2nd round of them, and never go above 1 the whole fight :/

Weird, I guess we're just wrong about the speed difference.


If people are making sure to pick up every single feather that spawns and not missing any, there should be 8-9 feathers from the start and out of each burnout followed by 7-8 from every firestorm. We usually have everyone with 2 feathers and 2 people in the air going into the tornado phase.


We've definitely had multiple times where people taking a 2nd feather results in one of the fliers not having a feather left to refresh. Not sure if someone is spam clicking and taking more than he should or not (is it possible for someone flying to consume more than 3 if clicking too much?), but telling everyone to just get 1 max if not flying until after the first burnout (when we only send 1 person back up in the air) sorted it out. As a non-caster I still only get 1, and only from the 2nd batch of feathers that drops down.

We still killed it, but was a long annoying night of everything feeling too far away with too many ways to die inbetween you and what you want to attack/snare/interrupt.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Adornus » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:05 am

One little hint that may be good for 10 man raids as they won't have this buff usually: if you're having trouble getting the hatchlings down, Ret aura works wonders. We only had one pally in our raid (myself: Holy) and our feral druid was having trouble getting the hatchling down. I switched to Ret Aura for Phase 1 and then back to Resis Aura for P4. Both tanks commented that the hatchlings seemed to go down quicker.

Just some food for thought.

Another question: how long is it taking you guys for this fight? It took us 10:04 and I don't think we could be any quicker.
User avatar
Adornus
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 am

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Belloc » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 am

With 2 tanks, 3 healers, and 5 DPS, we killed the boss shortly before the second tornado phase. I expect future kills to probably happen during the 2nd tornado kill or prior to the second p4.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Adornus » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 am

Belloc wrote:With 2 tanks, 3 healers, and 5 DPS, we killed the boss shortly before the second tornado phase. I expect future kills to probably happen during the 2nd tornado kill or prior to the second p4.

I'm curious - is there a reason you 3 healed it? My healing partner and I put up 12k HPS a piece, a pretty manageable amount. Did you mean prior to the third tornado phase? We killed him right before the second P4.
User avatar
Adornus
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 am

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Belloc » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 am

We tend to 3-heal most encounters as, imo, our healing can be somewhat lacking. Our DPS, however, is typically fantastic. We also 3-heal heroic Rhyolith and heroic Baleroc.

I meant prior to the 2nd tornado phase. It seemed awfully early to me (my previous guild having killed it just after the 2nd phase 4 with 6 DPS), but apparently our mage got lucky with his combustions :P Our low percent wipes, however, always happened prior to or during the 2nd tornado phase, so that's how I'm expecting subsequent kills to proceed.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Adornus » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 am

Got ya, makes sense. And we're the opposite, strong heals with DPS that's pretty inconsistent (can sometimes be good but often around average or a little below). We two heal Rhyo and Alys.
User avatar
Adornus
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 am

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby Tamarins » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:42 pm

I read a comment on another forum that said it's important to try and kill the boss during the second burn phase. Is this true? As far as I knew, you have three burn phases in heroic just as in normal. I'd never heard anyone say otherwise until a few minutes ago. Can anyone please confirm/deny for me? Thanks.
Image
Tamarins
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: [10H] Alysrazor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Tamarins wrote:I read a comment on another forum that said it's important to try and kill the boss during the second burn phase. Is this true? As far as I knew, you have three burn phases in heroic just as in normal. I'd never heard anyone say otherwise until a few minutes ago. Can anyone please confirm/deny for me? Thanks.


Can't think of why it would matter all that much - going all the way until the 3rd burn would suck because of having spend all that extra time playing dodgeball on the ground, but killing any time between the 2nd and 3rd is about the same difficulty as killing during the 2nd - even if most of your raid dies during the 2nd burnout for some reason, you can just send as many people as possible into the air and if she's low enough they can kill the boss while all the ground people are dead.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
User avatar
fafhrd
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests