Coming in Patch 4.3.2 -- Cross-Realm Raids

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New Real ID Party Feature Now Available for Testing (US+

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 am

I was expecting that to happen. Good, saved money.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Real ID Party Feature Now Officially Live (Still free)

Postby lythac » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 am

I had thought the feature was going to indefinitely sit at beta stage like the old armory.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:27 am

I probably won't use this. Then you'd find out how bad I am at this game... >.>

Unless of course, you need someone to be your court jester/whipping boy then I'm all in.

Who am I kidding, I'm in a guild with 250 other people and I tend to play alone. I NEEDZ FRIENDZ. Alliance Here!
Cogglamp

Postby sahiel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:12 am

Sadly I'm so sick of them I don't do 5 mans at all anymore :(

But yay! Glad they listened to people and kept it free after the beta testing was over, smart move.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:20 am

Considering the backlash charging for it gave I can't say I'm surprised. While I have no idea how technically complex it was to actually implement, from the consumer standpoint it doesn't look like it adds that much more to the features we already had. We could already communicate with Real ID friends across realms, and we could already group with people across realms through LFD. So all this appears to do is add an extra communication feature to Real ID, hence the backlash.
Chicken

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:31 am

My guess is they couldn't figure out any premium features to add to it thus we have no premium charges.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 am

Or they just realized that if they gave it for free for so long and then told "ok you can't use it anymore now you has to pay!" The rage would have been....
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 am

Flex wrote:My guess is they couldn't figure out any premium features to add to it thus we have no premium charges.

Raid Finder
The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.

They could plan to add Real ID raid groups as a premium feature seeing they are planning cross realm raiding.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby fafhrd » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Can you realID people across locales? Like can a US player add a KR player to his realID?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Sadly not.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Damn you blizzard.

Our love, denied, once more.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm glad they went with making it free, but I'm still not going to RealID people I don't know IRL.

/sigh at real name requirements.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:44 am

PsiVen wrote:/sigh at real name requirements.

I really dont get how thats so negative that you cant have guildmates on the list...
You scared someone will come and look you up? Check your facebook?
Obviously depending a bit on your name, but i bet theres multiple people with your name.

Giving out your email adress is prolly 10times worse than just a name that you cant put into context anyway.
And if thats the case, ask them to give their email adress, and you add them. (i guess theres some way to find their email adress maybe, but atleast it doesnt show up all the time)

I have some people ive talked to only once or twice before i added them on realID.
I got lots of guildmates, and havnt met a single one IRL.
Theres lots of people i trust in wow that ive never met IRL.
Treck

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:32 am

Pff there's about 20 people on facebook with my name! Not that it matters since i sign myself as Worldie Feard, but I found it funny.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aedh » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Treck wrote:
PsiVen wrote:/sigh at real name requirements.

I really dont get how thats so negative that you cant have guildmates on the list...
You scared someone will come and look you up? Check your facebook?
Obviously depending a bit on your name, but i bet theres multiple people with your name.

Giving out your email adress is prolly 10times worse than just a name that you cant put into context anyway.
And if thats the case, ask them to give their email adress, and you add them. (i guess theres some way to find their email adress maybe, but atleast it doesnt show up all the time)

I have some people ive talked to only once or twice before i added them on realID.
I got lots of guildmates, and havnt met a single one IRL.
Theres lots of people i trust in wow that ive never met IRL.

I dunno about Psiven, but I have a fairly unique name in the US, and people get very weird.
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Whatever happened to Quebec seceding? If they do that, can we invade? America could really use the revenue from exporting syrup and hockey players.
Aedh

PreviousNext

Return to General