Remove Advertisements

Thinking about transfering to horde...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Thinking about transfering to horde...

Postby Geaux » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:45 am

Whats everyones opinons on the racials and quirks behind the horde toons. I have been alliance since I have started playing wow and I am considering the possibility of giving the darkside a try. I raid and I roll a DPS DK so that is important in the consideration of which race to play. I am not very familiar with all the horde racials so any input would be greatly appreciated even if some of the animation models feel clunky...that could get annoying. I am currently a worgen and the racial sprint will be greatly missed :(
Geaux

Re: Thinking about transfering to horde...

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:47 am

Well you play a DPS DK, so this is what you'd get from each race:

Orc: Bonus damage to Ghouls, +3 Expertise with axes, AP cooldown
Troll: Haste cooldown
Undead: Nothing
Tauren: Nothing
Blood Elf: Aoe Interrupt/Silence + 15 RP every 2 minutes
Goblin: 1% attack speed, Jump Forward or minor damage cooldown

Orc is likely your best betn and actually both male and female orc melee animations are quite cool to look at.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 am

Geaux wrote:Whats everyones opinons on the racials and quirks behind the horde toons. I have been alliance since I have started playing wow and I am considering the possibility of giving the darkside a try. I raid and I roll a DPS DK so that is important in the consideration of which race to play. I am not very familiar with all the horde racials so any input would be greatly appreciated even if some of the animation models feel clunky...that could get annoying. I am currently a worgen and the racial sprint will be greatly missed :(

If you like the movement racial then goblin is the way to go.

If you time use of the rockets + jump + environment just right you can get as much or more distance than worgen sprint.

I'm a PVPer and I've won sooo many arenas because of those jump rockets.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Shoju » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Go Troll DK. The Haste CD is awesome!

And there aren't that many of us. There are 6 level 85 Troll DK's on my server.

EDIT:
Checking out the census numbers, there are less Troll DK's than any other race. Troll DK's make up 2% of the TOTAL number of active DK's seen played on realms
Shoju

Postby Mukat » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:03 am

Don't forget trolls have 5% damage to beasts *eyeroll*
Mukat

Postby sahiel » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:37 pm

If you're looking at purely dps numbers, Orc is the best race, followed by Goblin then Troll.

Not a huge fan of troll animations myself but both Orc and Goblin are well done.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:14 am

Nothing beats the DW spin of a troll!

NOTHING!
Shoju

Postby Meloree » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Dwarf. Stoneskin.

Wait, Horde doesn't have those? You should probably stick with Alliance, then.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Dwarf | Stoneskin

have very limited effects on DPS DK's.
Shoju

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Don't be seduced by the easy power of the dark side. Listen to Obi-wan and resist temptation :)
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Geaux » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:34 pm

I broke down and went goblin, because of the cool little rocket jump they have (I couldnt bear the idea of playing wihtout some form of free movement boosting ability) and the passive 1% haste is nice too. Thanks for the input guys Orc and Troll were a very close second.
Geaux

Postby Mukat » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Geaux wrote:I broke down and went goblin, because of the cool little rocket jump they have (I couldnt bear the idea of playing wihtout some form of free movement boosting ability) and the passive 1% haste is nice too. Thanks for the input guys Orc and Troll were a very close second.

I think it's technically 1% attack/cast speed, so it doesnt change your rune/energy/focus regen or gcd for casters.
Mukat

Return to General