Remove Advertisements

[10 HM] Beth'tilac

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10 HM] Beth'tilac

Postby RedAces » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:53 am

The group stays in one spot in the middle (except the tank and the guys for the spiderlings). When the drone spawns the tank goes there and tank there for a few seconds (facing away from the group). As soon as the boiling splatter is through he can drag the drone to the group. It's good to position the drone opposing the spiderlings (so all broodlings walk in the same path). If someone gets fixate the drone faces the group, he just talks 2 or 3 steps to the tank, turning the drone outwards.
I'll look through the logs later.
RedAces

Postby RedAces » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:13 am

Quick look:
Boiling Splatter only once hit the whole group - which is good, so forget all my blabla about the dronekiting :D
Smoldering Devastation hit 4 times, thats the AE where you have 8 seconds to go downstairs, that should not happen!
The mage overaggros the drone and 25seconds later the spinners kill a healer. Theres something majorly wrong with this. You have to nuke the spinners first! Even if taunted they are still throwing fireballs around that kill your raid. You only got 1 stun (on tryptic) so thats good.
RedAces

Postby timoseewho » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:21 am

RedAces wrote:Quick look:
Boiling Splatter only once hit the whole group - which is good, so forget all my blabla about the dronekiting :D
Smoldering Devastation hit 4 times, thats the AE where you have 8 seconds to go downstairs, that should not happen!
The mage overaggros the drone and 25seconds later the spinners kill a healer. Theres something majorly wrong with this. You have to nuke the spinners first! Even if taunted they are still throwing fireballs around that kill your raid. You only got 1 stun (on tryptic) so thats good.

Yeh our main problem seemed to be spinners not dying fast enough, can you tell if our tank/heal/DPS is going back up fast enough so that the raid down below doesn't take TOO much damage from that AoE? And I screamed so hard at the dude dying to Smoldering Devastation you don't know hahaha.
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Brosterr » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 am

IDK if anyone knows the answer to this or if this is very stupid and going to make me look dumb but here it goes...

Why cant we send up 3 dps at the start, not kill the drone, first smoldering, shortly after the first drone goes up and fills her eng, she casts SD again, second drone goes up, fill eng, p2 starts? If i got some minor things wrong like maybe the first drone cant phase her alone, you got the point. The question is; why not ignore drones all together? Get all your dps burn on the front end and coast to p2? I certainly survive just fine with 1 drone, even with 2 with cd's up and that doesnt last long. And with 5 dps on the bottom after the first SD we can kill a drone very fast if need be.
Brosterr

Postby madmessias » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:11 am

Brosterr wrote:IDK if anyone knows the answer to this or if this is very stupid and going to make me look dumb but here it goes...

Why cant we send up 3 dps at the start, not kill the drone, first smoldering, shortly after the first drone goes up and fills her eng, she casts SD again, second drone goes up, fill eng, p2 starts? If i got some minor things wrong like maybe the first drone cant phase her alone, you got the point. The question is; why not ignore drones all together? Get all your dps burn on the front end and coast to p2? I certainly survive just fine with 1 drone, even with 2 with cd's up and that doesnt last long. And with 5 dps on the bottom after the first SD we can kill a drone very fast if need be.

Im fairly certain the drones will jump down when p2 starts.
madmessias

Postby Arianne » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 am

Drones come back down when their energy is full or when Beth comes down. You don't want to be killing drones in phase 2 because of the stacking debuff that Beth gets. You'll need all of your DPS to kill her before the soft enrage kills you.
Arianne

Postby fafhrd » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:36 am

Finally killed this last night for our last heroic before Rag. Upgrading a 372 weapon to a 391 and not wasting gcds on traplauncher makes P1 a hell of a lot smoother :/ We still had a backup soaker to intercept broodlings that would be annoying for our spiderling killer to get though.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Brosterr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:15 am

Grats, hopefully im one week behind you. We have 30 or so wipes in on her so far with a pretty refined strat. Im assuming thing will go good this next week, just hope p2 isnt too brutal. After the kill were in for the long haul as well. And i assume you mean you upgraded obsidian cleaver with a firestone? or are you talking about your hunters bow?
Brosterr

Postby fafhrd » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Brosterr wrote:Grats, hopefully im one week behind you. We have 30 or so wipes in on her so far with a pretty refined strat. Im assuming thing will go good this next week, just hope p2 isnt too brutal. After the kill were in for the long haul as well. And i assume you mean you upgraded obsidian cleaver with a firestone? or are you talking about your hunters bow?

Hunter's bow, our frost DK is on vacation :/

I'm not sure that it was just the bow that made the difference, but we went from spending a full night wiping in P1 to spiderlings or broodlings getting through, people having to stop dpsing drone to help with spiderling aoe, or the soaker dying, to cleanly getting to P2 every pull of the next night - first pull of the night had beth eat 3 spiderlings after landing, then we wiped at 30% to tank death, killed it ~4 pulls later.

P2 didn't seem that hard, our mage managed to get her down to ~72% in P1, and we narrowly prevented her consuming anything after landing, resto shaman died to broodling during transition, then ankhed, at which point we managed to tough it through to killing at about 30 stacks without any deaths. Would probably have had some deaths if she'd come down at 80% though since I think things were getting hairy by the time she died.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sundance » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:35 am

Killed her for the 2nd time yesterday. Took us 20 or so pulls to get our hunter taking care of adds properly, then we killed her first time we hit p2. In retrospect I´d say: Don´t you worry about p2 aslong as you get her down to sub 75% in p1 with decent amounts of healer mana. Just don´t forget to use Raid CDs and personal CDs for the later AoE pulses. If you have a Resto druid, bring it! They kick ass.
Also it most certainly helps to have a healer help the hunter soaking broodlings.
Heímdall of <Helios> @ Argent Dawn - EU
Sundance

Postby timoseewho » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:15 am

What bosses do healy Druids not kick ass at nowadays:(, WTB!
<Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 10-man, SoO-14/14H, currently recruiting all
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho
timoseewho

Postby Ezelyn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:51 am

timoseewho wrote:What bosses do healy Druids not kick ass at nowadays:(, WTB!

Baleroc they dont rule paladin from too much :D

And when the raid is packed (like Beth p2) holyladin are insane too.
Ezelyn

Postby Ezelyn » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:20 am

Can this fight be 2 healed if we can bring 2 mages (invisi+clone abuse top) ? or P2 is insane even with 6 dps and 2 healers won't be enought ?
Ezelyn

Postby Belloc » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:19 am

Ezelyn wrote:Can this fight be 2 healed if we can bring 2 mages (invisi+clone abuse top) ? or P2 is insane even with 6 dps and 2 healers won't be enought ?

I wouldn't really expect an answer to this question. It's such a niche situation that most people won't have an answer. We also don't know how strong your healing setup is.

Furthermore, it's a strategy that no one should rely on in the first place.
Belloc

Postby RedAces » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:05 am

You can't solo-heal the group down in P1, and you definitely can't 2-heal the raid in P2 - thats what our healers said and from the looks of it - I strongly doubt they're lying.
RedAces

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)