Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Shoju wrote:
culhag wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:offset pieces

That made me think that we could finally match boots and belts with our sets by copying the holy pieces.

just one of the many advantages.

And if Blizz is smart, they are monitoring all the threads across all the forums that this has spawned, and are measuring the speculation, reaction to that speculation, and finding the happy middle ground based on all the responses, and seeing if that meshes with what the planned in the first place...

or it could just be a lark...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:19 pm

What you said has shown many times to be true. I still remember that I've been the first to mention to give paladins a Guardian Spirit when we were complaining for lack of cooldowns, and it actually happened a month after :p

On a funny note, thinking about that some hours ago, I wondered if Blizzard has absolutely no idea of what to do of those two NPCs, just invented funky names and is now scanning community forums for ideas.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:52 pm

if you zone into a Random 5 man wearing what looks like T3, your teammates lose the ability to size you up instantly and know what content you've been through.

Personally I run Athene's Gear Check and don't evaluate PvE group memebrs based on item models. I realize in PvP visual identification can really help sizing up an opponent, and I do recognize a few PvE items, but I use the gear check to get an idea of potential and then evaluate output on recount or on executing mechanics (tanks especially)
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby fafhrd » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Flex wrote:Equipment Sets: Bunny

Mine is black mageweave, bunny ears, basket and flowers.

Equipment Sets: Playboy

I have that exact set on my belf rogue! Although sometimes she switches to a brewfest hat and a santa outfit, but dualwielding spring flowers.

Darkskinned draenei hunter on the other hand goes with lovely black dress + black blindfold + 2x widow's remorse + black dress hooves.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Amirya » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Sabindeus wrote:if you zone into a Random 5 man wearing what looks like T3, your teammates lose the ability to size you up instantly and know what content you've been through.

While I don't dispute this statement, half the problem I have in the random 5 mans - which contributes greatly to why I don't do them anymore - is that when my teammates showing up wearing gear that is identifiable, I still lose the ability to size them up instantly. Gear =/= skill, and we all know there are still the random inbreds who think that fire gives them a +10 moodlet called Warm Fuzzies.

"Oh hey, a DK tank in t11 or equivalent gear...who is dual wielding...in blood spec and unholy presence...and gems stam and crit. Green quality gems, at that."

For me personally, I'd rather zone in and see someone wearing what looks like t3, and be pleasantly surprised; rather than what looks like t12 heroic, and be sorely disappointed.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:03 pm

If someone zoned in in a full or near full set of level 60 enchanted T3 I'd actually probably assume they know how to play more often than I'd assume someone in a bunch of T11 gear knows how to play.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Gracerath » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:44 am

I'd love to defeat Deathwing in Twill armor.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:15 am

an entire raid of nothing but the level 1 whites you start out in!

angry villagers attacking the monster!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby PsiVen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:59 am

fafhrd wrote:If someone zoned in in a full or near full set of level 60 enchanted T3 I'd actually probably assume they know how to play more often than I'd assume someone in a bunch of T11 gear knows how to play.

Yeah, I have to say having a bunch of T3 sends a rather loud message that you've been around for a long time. But I don't think anyone seriously looks at the gear you're wearing and sizes you up right then. They might go "is he wearing pvp shoulders?" before hitting /inspect. HP/mana values are probably more common for at-a-glance sizing up.

I agree with not allowing appearance changes in arenas, but there's no need for a 5-man to be able to size you up at a glance. There's enough variation in item models and relative appearance already that it's somewhat difficult -- especially for the majority of the population who know next to nothing about gear that other classes wear, and just know that's what "hunter gear looks like." Seeing a hunter dressed like a priest would generate a laugh, not abject horror and confusion.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:11 am

Actually back in Vanilla / Tbc seeing a hunter wearing Int gear generated usually a *facepalm*
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chicken » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:31 pm

These days with the huge selection of tabards, along with most people having their helm graphics off, the most you can easily discern are their shoulders. Considering that's one piece you can't easily buy the tier set for, the only thing I can say about most random people I end up grouped with is what armor type they're wearing based on their looks. I definitely just base their relative gearing level on the amount of health they have, and their class based on whatever color they happen to pop up as in my unit frames.
Chicken

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Gracerath wrote:I'd love to defeat Deathwing in Twill armor.

Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jaitee » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:04 am

ive got a bit of a feeling that void storage might end up being a sort of long term storage bank they say the reason that they wont increase our bank/bag space is that then there is to much data and it would slow stuff down but i imagine that they could get around that with a bank that is stored differently and only able to be accessed once per day or something like that

and the transmogrifier or whatever he is i think will allow us to change the appearance of our offspec peices to match the rest of our teir for instance helm of blazing glory i could make look like my T12 helm...might even bring back full sets of teir armor including belts and boots so that they dont look weird compared to the rest of our gear would be limited to making gear look like your teir gear as long as the teir is the same ilvl (or the equivalent i.e the higher ilvl shoulders from rag could still look like the lower ilvl teir shoulders)
Jaitee

Postby Levantine » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:36 am

Yrma v2.0?
Levantine

Postby PsiVen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:46 am

Levantine wrote:Yrma v2.0?

I suppose that's possible, but that makes his placement next to the reforging NPC peculiar. I don't think they're likely to revisit that exact concept, but I could believe something to do with PvP/PvE gear.

Letdown of the year if that's the case.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to General