Remove Advertisements

Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Orthien » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Warcrafts Facebook recently posted a picture showing some interesting things.
This shows 3 things to me;
1. Transmogrifying, which could potentially be some kind of visual armor customization but also the possibility for other interesting implications.
2. Void Storage which I would put big money on being a cross server bank, finally alowing you to move BoA's and maybe gold to other toons on other servers.
finally 3. The possibility that the Consortium will make a return into future game lore in some way. Maybe even going as far as to support my thoughts on a BC2 expansion when we take the fight to the Burning Legion.

Link added on request.
Very good site with lists for a lot of gear that you can use to transmog.
http://roleplaygear.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/stylish-plate-sets/
Last edited by Orthien on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orthien

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby RedAces » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 pm

I'd bet the Void Storage is the wow-name for the account stash. A feature I wanted for soooooo long. I'm really hoping it comes <3
RedAces

Postby Volitaire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 pm

My thinking on the Void Storage is an ability to transfer items between servers and chars without having to server transfer. Of course this will likely be flamed to no end but I can't think of any other explanation for it right off hand....granted I am half asleep so that probably not helping with the thinking stuff.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Postby Belloc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 pm

I love how all three posts have mentioned that Void Storage is probably cross-realm storage.

Make that 4 now.
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Would be all very interesting things.

I also have been wondering what has been of the Consortium in the last years. We had an appearance of them in Borean Tundra, but that was it. Considering they are a race based on trade, and very advanced in technology, it's quite surprising they haven't yet tried to expand their commercial routes to Azeroth.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Void storage.. yeah, cross-realm BOA transfer, with some kind of limits seems to make sense (but why do they need a NPC when the items could just be mailed?)

But whatever it is, I see a rep grind and a gold sink as part of it...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby RedAces » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 pm

I would love an account stash per server, so I can put all my enchanting Mats in there and I'd never search my 4 alts for a specific mat >_<
I'd bet you won't be able to transfer non-BoAs through it - because of gold spammer and to prevent screwing of small server AH's.
RedAces

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:17 pm

halabar wrote: (but why do they need a NPC when the items could just be mailed?)

How do you explain to the game on what server your chars are? :p
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:25 pm

RedAces wrote:I would love an account stash per server, so I can put all my enchanting Mats in there and I'd never search my 4 alts for a specific mat >_<
I'd bet you won't be able to transfer non-BoAs through it - because of gold spammer and to prevent screwing of small server AH's.

But, considering the change coming with Diablo 3, I could see Blizz adding a cross-server transfer feature to allow for moving of items, to level the playing field much the way the Diablo 3 change does.

Of course, Blizz would be loosing money from gold sellers and such who pay to transfer goods between servers, which makes me think Void Storage will be part of a premium service.

Everyone can be an AH goblin now...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:03 pm

You would need to have 'select server' then 'select toon name' options when sending mail. I know i have toons of the same name on multiple servers.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Chicken » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 pm

As others said I'd be very surprised if the Void Storage isn't going to be a method of transferring some items cross-server, with it likely applying to binds to Account items only. I can see two possibilities on what the Transmogrifier does:

- He'll allow you to change the armor type on an item, solving the "spell plate" problem because that means all items with spirit become equally desirable for all hybrids with healing specs. It's also convenient for other classes; most notably the agility mail part where expertise is only useful for one of the two classes using it.
- Alternatively he's there to transfer the stats (or looks) from one item to another. Want Tier 12 for those delicious stats but prefer the look of the old Judgement set? Now you can actually wear your old Judgement set and still be fully effective!

E:
- Third comedy option: After the whole Mists of Pandaria trademark thing, this is Blizzard's way of revealing that Ethereals will be the new playable race for the Alliance and also confirming that Pandaren are Horde.
Chicken

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Looks like a slightly redone Stormwind Enchanting shop. So could be anything mentioned above to an alternate reality where things have Ethereal names for common things like Enchanting Vendor and Enchanting Trainer.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby cerwillis » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Worldie wrote:
halabar wrote: (but why do they need a NPC when the items could just be mailed?)

How do you explain to the game on what server your chars are? :p

Cerwillis@Durotan. they did it in SWG that way. I'm going to say that the void storage is per server, to get rid of the "personal guild bank" workaround.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm

To be honest the first thing I thought about when I saw the title of the thread was this...

But wrt WoW, I think inter-server storage (or at least inter-character like the Diablo III stash) is likely for the Void Storage, the reforger is pretty obvious. The Transmogrifier is a bit more puzzling, but his name "Warpweaver" could point to some sort of armor class change for items (warping the weave to a different one perhaps). Of course it could all be a hoax :)
Last edited by Fetzie on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Chicken wrote:- He'll allow you to change the armor type on an item, solving the "spell plate" problem because that means all items with spirit become equally desirable for all hybrids with healing specs. It's also convenient for other classes; most notably the agility mail part where expertise is only useful for one of the two classes using it.

I don't think this would ever happen. It would exagerate too much the homogeneization of gear. If it was possible to change the armor type of items, then why putting the armor type at all?

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to General