Transmogrification and stuff!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Transmogrification and stuff!

Postby Orthien » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Warcrafts Facebook recently posted a picture showing some interesting things.
Image
This shows 3 things to me;
1. Transmogrifying, which could potentially be some kind of visual armor customization but also the possibility for other interesting implications.
2. Void Storage which I would put big money on being a cross server bank, finally alowing you to move BoA's and maybe gold to other toons on other servers.
finally 3. The possibility that the Consortium will make a return into future game lore in some way. Maybe even going as far as to support my thoughts on a BC2 expansion when we take the fight to the Burning Legion.

Link added on request.
Very good site with lists for a lot of gear that you can use to transmog.
http://roleplaygear.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/stylish-plate-sets/
Last edited by Orthien on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Orthien
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby RedAces » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 pm

I'd bet the Void Storage is the wow-name for the account stash. A feature I wanted for soooooo long. I'm really hoping it comes <3
Image
User avatar
RedAces
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am
Location: Germany

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Volitaire » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 pm

My thinking on the Void Storage is an ability to transfer items between servers and chars without having to server transfer. Of course this will likely be flamed to no end but I can't think of any other explanation for it right off hand....granted I am half asleep so that probably not helping with the thinking stuff.
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Website: http://bloodrunscold.enjin.com
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Belloc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 pm

I love how all three posts have mentioned that Void Storage is probably cross-realm storage.

Make that 4 now.
User avatar
Belloc
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Silent Earth

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Would be all very interesting things.

I also have been wondering what has been of the Consortium in the last years. We had an appearance of them in Borean Tundra, but that was it. Considering they are a race based on trade, and very advanced in technology, it's quite surprising they haven't yet tried to expand their commercial routes to Azeroth.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Void storage.. yeah, cross-realm BOA transfer, with some kind of limits seems to make sense (but why do they need a NPC when the items could just be mailed?)

But whatever it is, I see a rep grind and a gold sink as part of it...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby RedAces » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 pm

I would love an account stash per server, so I can put all my enchanting Mats in there and I'd never search my 4 alts for a specific mat >_<
I'd bet you won't be able to transfer non-BoAs through it - because of gold spammer and to prevent screwing of small server AH's.
Image
User avatar
RedAces
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am
Location: Germany

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:17 pm

halabar wrote: (but why do they need a NPC when the items could just be mailed?)

How do you explain to the game on what server your chars are? :p
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:25 pm

RedAces wrote:I would love an account stash per server, so I can put all my enchanting Mats in there and I'd never search my 4 alts for a specific mat >_<
I'd bet you won't be able to transfer non-BoAs through it - because of gold spammer and to prevent screwing of small server AH's.


But, considering the change coming with Diablo 3, I could see Blizz adding a cross-server transfer feature to allow for moving of items, to level the playing field much the way the Diablo 3 change does.

Of course, Blizz would be loosing money from gold sellers and such who pay to transfer goods between servers, which makes me think Void Storage will be part of a premium service.

Everyone can be an AH goblin now...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:03 pm

You would need to have 'select server' then 'select toon name' options when sending mail. I know i have toons of the same name on multiple servers.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Chicken » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 pm

As others said I'd be very surprised if the Void Storage isn't going to be a method of transferring some items cross-server, with it likely applying to binds to Account items only. I can see two possibilities on what the Transmogrifier does:

- He'll allow you to change the armor type on an item, solving the "spell plate" problem because that means all items with spirit become equally desirable for all hybrids with healing specs. It's also convenient for other classes; most notably the agility mail part where expertise is only useful for one of the two classes using it.
- Alternatively he's there to transfer the stats (or looks) from one item to another. Want Tier 12 for those delicious stats but prefer the look of the old Judgement set? Now you can actually wear your old Judgement set and still be fully effective!

E:
- Third comedy option: After the whole Mists of Pandaria trademark thing, this is Blizzard's way of revealing that Ethereals will be the new playable race for the Alliance and also confirming that Pandaren are Horde.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Flex » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Looks like a slightly redone Stormwind Enchanting shop. So could be anything mentioned above to an alternate reality where things have Ethereal names for common things like Enchanting Vendor and Enchanting Trainer.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby cerwillis » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Worldie wrote:
halabar wrote: (but why do they need a NPC when the items could just be mailed?)

How do you explain to the game on what server your chars are? :p

Cerwillis@Durotan. they did it in SWG that way. I'm going to say that the void storage is per server, to get rid of the "personal guild bank" workaround.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
User avatar
cerwillis
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Fetzie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm

To be honest the first thing I thought about when I saw the title of the thread was this...

Image

But wrt WoW, I think inter-server storage (or at least inter-character like the Diablo III stash) is likely for the Void Storage, the reforger is pretty obvious. The Transmogrifier is a bit more puzzling, but his name "Warpweaver" could point to some sort of armor class change for items (warping the weave to a different one perhaps). Of course it could all be a hoax :)
Last edited by Fetzie on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Chicken wrote:- He'll allow you to change the armor type on an item, solving the "spell plate" problem because that means all items with spirit become equally desirable for all hybrids with healing specs. It's also convenient for other classes; most notably the agility mail part where expertise is only useful for one of the two classes using it.

I don't think this would ever happen. It would exagerate too much the homogeneization of gear. If it was possible to change the armor type of items, then why putting the armor type at all?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Fetzie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Maybe you could "reforge" primary stats with it?
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:04 pm

What would be the point of reforging primary stats? Even if you get an Agi item and reforge 40% of it in Str, the item is still going to be significantly worse than items that are even 3-4 tiers behind.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8628
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Chicken » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Worldie wrote:
Chicken wrote:- He'll allow you to change the armor type on an item, solving the "spell plate" problem because that means all items with spirit become equally desirable for all hybrids with healing specs. It's also convenient for other classes; most notably the agility mail part where expertise is only useful for one of the two classes using it.

I don't think this would ever happen. It would exagerate too much the homogeneization of gear. If it was possible to change the armor type of items, then why putting the armor type at all?
The latter is, in truth, kind of what I'm hoping will happen at some point.

Then again I'd consider it best to scrap the idea of gear-based progression entirely, making gear something purely cosmetic, and the abilities of your character being simply linked to the things you've accomplished, with talents and even something like reforging shaping what stats would mostly be enhanced by this system. Thus if you've completed all the original heroic 5-mans? Congratulations, you're now as strong as someone in optimally statted item level 346 gear. Completed tier 11 normal? Congratulations on having the stats of someone in item level 359 gear. Etc.

That's even further out of the realm of possibility for exactly the reasons you mentioned though, the loot slot machine is an excellent way of keeping people subscribed after all.
Image
User avatar
Chicken
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:57 pm

WoW would not work without slot machines, we can agree on that.

The public forums have been suggesting "fashion" items like other MMOs have for years. Maybe this is Blizzards solution, transmorgifying the stats of your item onto the look of another item. If I can trasmorgify my shield onto the Bulwark of Azzinoth, I will be a happy Paladin.
User avatar
Jeremoot
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Amirya » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:38 pm

I could transmogrify my weapon into a viable TF.

Or, for lulz, level 60 pvp gear.

Looks interesting, though, here's to hoping it's not a waste of time.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2950
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Orthien » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:48 pm

As much as I would love to change the look of my gear and the boost it would give to people seeing outdated content I kinda of hope its not this. There would be a lot of people all running the Bulwark of Azzinoth or Pally T2 for example and then all the new gear models will be wasted.
If it is this I of cause have 70% of my new gear set ready to go. Back to BC raids for me.
User avatar
Orthien
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Amirya » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:51 pm

While this is true, it would also possibly save them the headache of the constant complaints. "WHY do I look like a goddamn wrestler with this belt?" "Stupid skirts!" "The colour scheme/armor theme is terrible."

Etc.

(Also, I must be the only paladin who things T2 looks retardedly terrible, only because of the colour scheme. I like the style enough I got the recoloured purple set from BC.)
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2950
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Fetzie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:01 pm

To be honest, I think the only time Judgement looks good is when coupled with Lok'amir il Romathis and a libram offhand or Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby Cronus » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:54 pm

I hope the Void Storage is a bank that all your toons can access with a chance to upgrade the slot size by buying more with gold. I could then get rid of my banker guild alt.

As for Transmo....I REALLY hope it is some way to change the look of my gear e.g.: color, some sort of tribal art on it, size, etc. I hate going to the mailbox only to run into an exact copy of my self. Oh wait, there goes another pally that looks just like me into the bank.

While they are at it, how about make a really good character creater in the main menue like how Oblivion did. It sucks having us all look the same! I love wow but i think having a robust character creator and gear enhancment tool would make this game so much better.

I would shed a tear if I logged on and walked around Org without seeing a mirror image of myself. I can only hope....
Cronus
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 am

Re: Void Storage and Transmogrifier's

Postby halabar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Cronus wrote:As for Transmo....I REALLY hope it is some way to change the look of my gear e.g.: color, some sort of tribal art on it, size, etc. I hate going to the mailbox only to run into an exact copy of my self. Oh wait, there goes another pally that looks just like me into the bank.

I would shed a tear if I logged on and walked around Org without seeing a mirror image of myself. I can only hope....


This. So much this.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest