Remove Advertisements

So my city is rioting

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: So my city is rioting

Postby cakeftw » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:24 am

Belloc wrote:It bothers me to say it, but I have never seen a positive news article about the British youth. As a result, none of this surprises me at all. Sickens me, yes, but doesn't surprise me.

OP: I wish you the best. If you are a British youth, I'm glad that you're not taking part in this crap.

Does 20 this may count? But yeah most articles about british youths are nasty, not because we're all dicks, but because as we all know, bad news sells.
On a lighter note the man in charge of oldham (a town nextdoor to manchester where i actually live and work)has sent orders down for me and my fellow workers to cut more than half the trees in the town centre down because theyre obscuring cameras, because the 30ft tree was apparently ignored when they were being installed. Pissing down now anyway chances of another riot round here are slim (fingers crossed)

edit: doesnt this just warm your heart?
cakeftw

Postby Thalia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:30 am

cakeftw wrote:
Belloc wrote:It bothers me to say it, but I have never seen a positive news article about the British youth. As a result, none of this surprises me at all. Sickens me, yes, but doesn't surprise me.

OP: I wish you the best. If you are a British youth, I'm glad that you're not taking part in this crap.

Does 20 this may count? But yeah most articles about british youths are nasty, not because we're all dicks, but because as we all know, bad news sells.
On a lighter note the man in charge of oldham (a town nextdoor to manchester where i actually live and work)has sent orders down for me and my fellow workers to cut more than half the trees in the town centre down because theyre obscuring cameras, because the 30ft tree was apparently ignored when they were being installed. Pissing down now anyway chances of another riot round here are slim (fingers crossed)

edit: doesnt this just warm your heart?

Haha that does warm my heart. Sometimes I wonder...someone can be in trouble in front of your eyes or doing something so wrong and people just walk by or do nothing. I do think it takes courage to stop things when they happen in front of you, after all, the rage could turn on you and you can get hurt.

Not so much the best example but one day I was driving down the neighborhood, and some dude in his car waved me down and asked me if I lost my kid. I said no, and asked why. He said he saw some 2 year old running down the main road alone. I was like WTF! Why didn't you get the kid?! He said it wasn't his problem. I went and looked for the child and found him running down the middle of the road. I got out of the car and followed him, he was scared of me so he started running away, I didn't chase, didn't want people to think I was going to kidnap him. But I was asking him where his mommy was, and he went towards the park. Two blocks later he arrived at a house and rushed in. I went and knocked at the door, and a 10 year old opened. I asked about her parents, mom was at work, dad was at his parents house, she was alone. I scolded her and told her where I found her brother. Then I informed the cops, which then went over.

In the back of my head I felt some guilt, what if that family gets that child taken away, but in the end I felt good about what I had done, I saved a two year old that day from possibly getting run over or taken by bad people.

I hear about Brittons now who are patrolling their neighborhoods and swearing to protect them, holding bats and all. That warms my heart.
Thalia

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:42 am

Bloodbaths always warm one's heart.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Astronomic » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Well apparently in England aluminium bat sales are up 6000% on Amazon.com
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Thalia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Bloodbaths always warm one's heart.

Hope they actually don't have to use their bats, but at least the thugs have someone standing up to them. People standing up against assholes warms my heart.
Thalia

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:59 pm

One of the oldest sayings I know is that "The man who said -this is mine- wasn't wrong. The men who didn't punch him to death were."
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum