Remove Advertisements

I need epic help with Rhyolith :(

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: I need epic help with Rhyolith :(

Postby BlackNet » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:55 am

We tried that, around 10% armor everyone switched to the legs and that did not go to well. Few observations I did make

when all armor came off health was 4.2 million (53%).
Phase change (25%) his health changes to 3.8 million AFTER change, before change 1.9million.

So burn him for 2.3 million once armor is off then phase change and burn him for 4.2 million. Grand total of 6.5 million. Since time warp lasts for 40 seconds that's an average of 162.5k rdps so approx 23k for 7 dps (including tank), or 20k if you are 2 healing it (including tank).

To make it even cleaner we may need to blow hero/time warp around 30-40% health before the phase change.
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Postby Andover » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:08 am

Woah, hold on here...

Blowing TW/Hero when you still have a debuff to remove could add some unwanted diffculty to the encounter. TAKE YOUR TIME and don't get excited as things go wrong. Take out the volcanos as they spawn (in order to ensure your fire debuffs don't stack up too high). Dispatch Fragments quickly with AoE. Pull Sparks out of the raid and ramp up DPS on them as they've been up for a few seconds. Do all of that while the ranged group ensures they do not eat the magma lines and you should have ZERO issues getting to P2 consistantly.

The only time you should switch and ignore add's is when he's close to phase change. Having all DPS switch to him at 53% is too early in my opinion. We Hero/ALL DPS onto Rhyolith when he's around 30-35%. He transitions shortly after allowing people to get into postion and allowing healers to have Hero up for the phase change. Important Note for Tank at Phase Change: Be ready to taunt him if needed, blow wings, Divine Plea and hit him with everything you possibly can. Get a MD if you're still losing threat. There will be a lot of healing going out and your DPS is racing to take him down as soon as possible. Even when he stands up for Phase 2 your ranged/healers should be a some distance away from him and behind him. If you see him turn you need to be ready to taunt over them. Once you've taunted it's no different that pushing threat on trash/other bosses. You should have no issues after he's locked onto you.
Andover

Postby Herrbjorn » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:21 am

My suggestion was to push more leg damage earlier, allowing you to ignore the 4th spark. With some practice, our 359 geared alts were able to do this. If that is not possible, hold the 5th spark instead, pushing all dps to the legs with Heroism. Your team continued to damage the 5th spark also, which was wasted DPS.
Herrbjorn

Postby BlackNet » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Well here is what we did.

We put raid markers up and had the group stack on/near whatever marker it was, when he was coming thru the marker we were on we just simply moved. The brez can be cleaned up greatly to.

Overall I think this was a good shot for the groups first kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_G3AqIapKw
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)