Remove Advertisements

Guild hopping question

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Guild hopping question

Postby Vrimmel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:09 pm

I've been wondering a bit about what the most effective way to work your way up the guild ladder would be if you are fresh starting out and want to get into one of the cutting edge progression guilds. Obviously no guild will take on an inexperienced player and too rapid guild hopping may make you be percieved as disloyal.

Obviously there are a lot of what ifs. To put things into perspective; what I am asking is what you would do as a player if for example your account got hacked and all your in-game connections had quit wow. How long do you think it would take to get into a world top 100 guild after leveling a fresh pala to lvl 85 and in what way would you approach the task? Creating your own guild and switching server is allowed.

What kind of server would you start out on? I am thinking in terms of guild progress, population amount, population distribution.
Vrimmel

Re: Guild hopping question

Postby Ignus » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:23 pm

Well, I'd pick a target guild, and then apply to them directly. I have found most guilds hire for player over character if they are serious. Express your desire to work long hours in the pursuit of first kills, your talent, ability, and track record in previous content, and then find a guild master or officer who can tell you what they expect you to accomplish before they will invite you. If you have no previous similar experience, work your way up through a normal guild, give back to that guild, contribute to them, and treat them well, and since all but the most hardcore guild is going to be too casual for your tastes, express this desire to the guild master and leave graciously for the top guild on the server.

If you have a good track record, good parses, and good experience, you can generally make it into any guild you want if you put in the effort.
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents