Remove Advertisements

Can no longer attend BlizzCon. Now what?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Can no longer attend BlizzCon. Now what?

Postby Glockta » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:42 am

I have 2 tickets registered to my name. My GF and I had planned to attend BlizzCon from Canada but being in government work I can no longer get the dates off.

From the looks of the information on the Blizz website, I'd have to be in location at the Con to hand these tickets over to another fan. I won’t be able to do that.

Now what? I'm stuck and dont want these tix to go to waste.
The names and character info that was registered on the tickets is mine and the GFs
Last edited by Glockta on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glockta

Re: Can no longer attend BlizzCon. Now what?

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:51 am

I thought I'd read that once your names are registered on the tickets then you have to show up in person. Maybe you can e-mail some kind of event coordinator for the con and get your names removed?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Glockta » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:02 am

That's what i have read as well, and why I'm concerned. I should have pre-planned. Even if I could get the time off work, my GF has just reminded me the dates are just before mid-terms.
Glockta

Postby sahiel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:27 am

Two options, first, contact Blizzard and explain that you now have to work due to being in a govt. job, they should be able to offer a refund on tickets but only after Blizzcon is over and so long as the tickets are not claimed. Second, sell/give the tickets to a friend who can go, however said friend will need a copy of both your ID and the credit card that was used to buy the tickets (and will incidentally be in for a hell of wait as they check it all out when they pick up the ticket).
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Thalia » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:14 pm

If you can get Blizzard to allow you to transfer the tickets, I'd be interested in buying them. My brother will be back from being stationed in Djabouti and he really wanted to go, plus my cousin. Let me know what happens.
Thalia

Return to General