Trip Advice: Boston to Maine

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Trip Advice: Boston to Maine

Postby Thalia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:39 am

Going at the end of August for 6 days.

Will be spending first 2 1/2 days in Boston area then driving up to Maine. We plan to try and stay somewhere half way between Boston and Maine for a day, then 3 days in Maine.

Would like any advice on any attractions or cool things to do and see between Boston and Maine. Pretty much got Maine down since Aergis is from there and he knows where to take us. But as far as the in between we are like, duhhh where we going?

So far we are going to do the Boston Duck Tour, gonna check out the Stadium, Boston Harbor, Sam Adams Brewery, drive to Plymouth and Salemn. I know New Hampshire is in between so anything cool there too as long as it doesn't take us too far away from the coast.

I'm a big historical freak so that's a +++ for me, anything to do with history. Also I love the beautiful landscapes I've seen of the Northeast, so any cute little towns or covered bridges would also be a ++.
Thalia

Re: Trip Advice: Boston to Maine

Postby Arnock » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:28 am

Plymouth is certainly a good place to visit for history buffs, though plymouth rock itself is a little underwhelming for all of the historical significance people place on it.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:46 am

There should be tons of historical things in and around Boston. I haven't been in quite a while, mostly I remember it as a town of paved cowpaths :lol:

The only covered bridge I know specifically is the Bulls Bridge in western CT, which is probably a bit out of your way.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:13 pm

You should check out the dunkin donuts in Boston, I heard it is amazing.
/hated Boston
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Thalia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Flex wrote:You should check out the dunkin donuts in Boston, I heard it is amazing.
/hated Boston

lol are you being sarcastic cuz Dunkin Doughnuts are all over the U.S.?

I'm not much of a city buff but Boston is a nice place to fly into to get to Maine and a good base to stay while we drive out to see the historical stuff.

So if you have actual suggestions I'd love to hear them.

I hate LA too but there are some cool things to see that are nearby that city.
Thalia

Postby katraya » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:05 pm

If you have time and are so inclined, the Boston Children's Museum is pretty great. I used to love going there as a kid. www.bostonkids.org/

I am 99% sure you guys have kids but I could be wrong. :wink: If you want any other family friendly type stuff let me know and I can ask my sister who lives there.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Thalia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Yes we got a 3 and a 5 year old who are coming with us, so this vacation is totally family friendly, cept after 8 pm when Aergis and I can go do stuff without the kids (mother in law going so she can watch them after bed time).
Thalia

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Thalia wrote:
Flex wrote:You should check out the dunkin donuts in Boston, I heard it is amazing.
/hated Boston

lol are you being sarcastic cuz Dunkin Doughnuts are all over the U.S.?

When I was in Boston there was pretty much one on every corner and one at every exit on the highway between Boston whatever airport we flew out of in Connecticut. It was really creepy.

Only part I liked about my trip was the Red Sox game. I'm not too big into going to public touristy places where I can't set the pace.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Dakiros » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:21 am

The Boston Science Museum is really cool too, good stuff for kids there as well as adults. There's colonial type stuff all over the city though I don't know exactly where they are... there's one that's like a colonial history walk where you follow a painted path on the sidewalk to see all these historical places.

If you're driving from the south up 95 you could stop in Mystic CT, the aquarium and seaport there are pretty cool. And yes, there is a Mystic Pizza. :p
Dakiros

Return to Arkham Asylum