So my friend said...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So my friend said...

Postby Matthias » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:43 pm

that I'd be fine Tanking Heroic S labs, personally i'm worried, lol.

Any pointers on changes from non Heroic to Heroic other than the ouch I should know about?

Quick P.S. i got my Devilshark with Dodge enchant, dunno if armory will show that update
Matthias

Postby Worldie » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:16 pm

SL heroic was the first heroic i tanked with my tankadin.

You don't want to know what gear i had.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Boudi » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:34 am

mobs in heroics hit harder then those in non-heroics. Which means that your healer will need to spend 2 weeks en rehab afterwards.
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby Claydon » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:09 am

Slabs second boss is a pain in the arse, the rest is pretty simple, just use LoS for all the casters.

i love it when the second boss uses my LoH while MC'ing -_-
Claydon

Postby Exodius » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:03 am

The biggest shock values for me were:

The column warlocks in the second room before the first boss... there are 4 rather than 3 now, and they can dispell CC on each other. So it usually just become a super long pull and then a free for all for the party. You try and tank and kill, but it sure gets messy. :cry:

Use your spell damage plate or healing set to tank the second boss. You should know this already though. The fight is basically the same. :?

The third boss has a LOT more VWs spawn. It's a real pain trying to get him away from them. He also banishes a random person, including the tank, so be aware that you might not be healed or someone else might need to kite if he banishes you.

Murmur the last boss has a new trick, where everyone must stand inside his little circle or else something bad will happen (not sure what, I'm a tank and don't move).

When he sonic booms, everyone must leave (except the tank), then come back in again. He will take off 70-80% of your health off with the boom, wether you have 10k health or 20k. If you are near dead though I don't think it does much, but it's not good to be near dead, he still hits hard. :P

He also seems to target someone and everyone gets pulled to them. You need to run right back to him when that happens. I saw this one run and not another, not sure why. :?

As for normal though, you can bubble through his boom and take no damage - he just hits anyone standing next to him, immune or not. I normally pre-tell my healers that I will do so and announce it in party when I see it so they can focus on healing everyone else and getting some mana back. Makes the fight easier.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same except for the mobs hitting like trucks generally, as most heroics are. :P
Exodius

Postby Matthias » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:22 am

Well it was ugly, and there was at least 7 wipes (at least 5 of them weren't my fault woo.) But I got my 6 Badges (Thank god it was a Daily or that wouldve really sucked.) So I think I need to tone it down to the eaisier Heroics, Definately was an eye opener although, any 70 tank thats not sure whether or not they can tank heroics it seems just has to di it, whether its success, failure or like in my case something in between.

oh and Clear time was 2.5hrs :( (Had to swap 2 party members and then about 2 hours to clear)
Matthias

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics