Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:13 am

bldavis wrote:given thier previous releases, i would agree
BC - new races
Wrath - Hero Class
Cata - new races
Xpack 4 - hero class?

I am of the opinion that 10 classes is pretty much the limit. Other games that I have played (from CCG's, to Video Games, to RP systems) 10 is a pretty magic number for a threshold like classes.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 am

So then, what's the new Hero class?

My guess is a Monk type. Think cross between an Ele shaman and a rogue. Calls on spiritual powers but excels at melee combat as well. Leather wearer (don't want to introduce cloth with melee stats) to share gear with rogues and druids.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

Shoju wrote:
BC - new races
Wrath - Hero Class
Cata - new races
Xpack 4 - hero class?

I am of the opinion that 10 classes is pretty much the limit. Other games that I have played (from CCG's, to Video Games, to RP systems) 10 is a pretty magic number for a threshold like classes.

I think they might be capped out on races too.. having to add two more.. lot of reworking of content that they just reworked.

halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

Shoju wrote:
BC - new races
Wrath - Hero Class
Cata - new races
Xpack 4 - hero class?

I think they might be capped out on races too.. having to add two more.. lot of reworking of content that they just reworked.

halabar

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:18 am

No new hero class. No new classes, no new races. Nothing. Complete graphical overhaul of the original races to bring their design up to TBC levels.

and Dance Studio.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:29 am

Flex wrote:No new hero class. No new classes, no new races. Nothing. Complete graphical overhaul of the original races to bring their design up to TBC levels.

and Dance Studio.

A lot of it probably depends on how close Titan is as well, and where they are applying their resources.

halabar

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:33 am

I think that they are probably at the limit of races as well, but they are going to want to push something.

I personally hope it is an overhaul of the original races, since I'm in love with my tusked troll, and making him look cooler would be awesome!

They could also give us some crazy race / class combos.

troll Paladins
Gnome druids
Shoju

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:36 am

Shoju wrote:I think that they are probably at the limit of races as well, but they are going to want to push something.

I personally hope it is an overhaul of the original races, since I'm in love with my tusked troll, and making him look cooler would be awesome!

They could also give us some crazy race / class combos.

troll Paladins
Gnome druids

Gnome hunters!!!! I want a pet 5x my size.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 am

Hero Races. Starts at a high level, has a unique starting zone, and a small selection of class roles available. No pain of balancing a new class, no need to immediately fit the new race into the low level content.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 am

i guess we will see in oct at blizzcon huh...

personlly i hope its a new hero class and its the monk-ish type
make it unarmed, but has weapons as stat sticks

could be interesting

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:44 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Hero Races. Starts at a high level, has a unique starting zone, and a small selection of class roles available. No pain of balancing a new class, no need to immediately fit the new race into the low level content.

What would be neat would be a Hero Race where the hero part is strictly the starting zone. Start at a relatively high level, let's go 55 to match DKs, the class choices are strictly the classes available to race.

The starting experience is as follows:
* In game cinematic of your character getting captured by the big bads of the expansion protecting a village or children or whatever. Fade to black.
* You wake up in a prison with a guard serving you food that starts the quest chain. Guard is a deep undercover spy slips you an invisibility potion that lasts just long enough for you to reach an armory where you can get basic starter gear for your class.
* The rest of the intro experience, which will take you to level 58, is 1) escaping the prison 2) escaping the keep and 3) escaping to a waiting rescue boat for your faction.

Quest mix will be a mixture of stealth, incapacitation and killing. You'll have an "Alert" bar for each person you kill it goes up 10%, for each incapacitate it goes up 5% and the decay rate is very slow. If it reaches 100% the alarm is sound and tons of mobs start patrolling and looking for you making it harder to escape.
Last edited by Flex on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 am

If it is a new class, I would like a monk type class, or a blademaster, or (my serious desire for a class) Demon Hunter.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am

Shoju wrote:If it is a new class, I would like a monk type class, or a blademaster, or (my serious desire for a class) Demon Hunter.

mmhmm do want demon hunter in wow

that said i cant wait for D3 beta, and i would love to get in!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chicken » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:14 pm

BC - new races
Wrath - Hero Class
Cata - new races
Xpack 4 - hero class?
As others mentioned I don't expect any new classes to be added. I'm instead going to predict a focus on introducing more of the already existing classes to the existing races, but with a twist. The classes would be functionally the same between races (and use the same class color in raid frames and whatnot), but would have ability names and looks changed to fit the races better if the base class wouldn't fit.

For instance, giving Goblins and Gnomes Druids? Wouldn't work. Give them a tinker class instead that can either focus alchemical healing, harnessing electricity and orbital cannons* as a ranged DPS class, or the usage of Mekgineering to pilot a steam-based tanking suit or a hydraulics-based melee dps suit. Voila, you have the exact same thing as a Druid for some extra races without having to change anything about the definition of what a Druid is. You could even extend it to some of the existing class/race combinations, with Tauren Paladins becoming actual sunwalkers and their spells getting more of a "sunlight" theme than a "holy light" theme, or Forsaken Priests actually not harnessing holy energies after all.

*Starfire and Moonfire practically are already anyway.
Last edited by Chicken on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 am

bldavis wrote:
Shoju wrote:If it is a new class, I would like a monk type class, or a blademaster, or (my serious desire for a class) Demon Hunter.

mmhmm do want demon hunter in wow

that said i cant wait for D3 beta, and i would love to get in!

THIS! BOTH OF THIS! So uber sexy!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

PreviousNext

Return to General