Remove Advertisements

All Things Mr. Robot!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: All Things Mr. Robot!

Postby Maklesh » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 am

Just found out about MrRobot and looks really nice. I just used it for my tankadin and after reading all posts in this thread I understand most of it, I do have a few questions though! The link to my profile is Maklesh - Outland.

1- On my Mainhand (Mace of Acrid Death) it tells me to reforge mastery to dodge. Why is that? Shouldn't mastery always be better then dodge and parry after a certain percentage of the ratings?

2- On my ring (Theck's Emberseal) it tells me to reforge hit to parry. Same as above; wouldn't it be better to reforge it to mastery?

3- Does MrRobot keep 102.4% CTC in mind? As optimised gear it puts me below that %. I'm over full CTC now when raidbuffed so I understand I can dump a bit, but does MrRobot try to keep a character as close to the 102.4% as possible or not?

4a- I'm not sure I read Thecks post right, but does DR on both parry and dodge start at 5% since 4.2? Or is it at 3.9705% dodge and 5% parry?
4b- MrRobot is advising me to reforge dodge to parry on some pieces (or just unreforging some pieces) which leaves the Optimised dodge at 12.89% and parry at 15.06%. Regardless of the answer to question 4a shouldn't this be closer together?

Cheers for any answers you can give me!
Maklesh

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:23 am

Clicking "show stats", it seems to suggest it's calculating stats while raid buffed, so if you're over cap it's reforging out of it.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Maklesh » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:34 am

Thats not what I asked though ;)

If MrRobot doesn't keep full CTC in mind, or the 1% dodge/parry difference then is there a reason for me to use it?

I realise that, if it doesn't keep those 2 in mind, it is still a great tool for tanks not as geared as myself (not boasting, I'm far from the greatest gear, just saying). If it doesn't though I don't see the use of it for myself.
Maklesh

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 am

I'm not sure I understand the question, then, if my post doesn't answer 1, 2, and 3 of yours above. I'm saying that the fact it's reforging out of Mastery and uses raid buffed stats, since you say you're over the cap raid buffed, mean that it obviously does account for the cap and gear around it.

The stats list says you're at 102.82% before changing, and 102.29% after optimising. It appears to be aiming for as close as possible: you go from 0.42% over to 0.11% under.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Maklesh » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 pm

You're right, point taken.

Though wouldn't it be better to keep the mastery and reforge more parry/dodge to stats like expertise or hit? Or perhaps change gemming to focus more on stamina? This question might not belong in this thread though; I know nothing of how these programs actually work and if it would even be possible to implement advise like I'm asking atm.
Maklesh

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 pm

The program will max mastery to full CTC, then swap out mastery for pure avoidance. If it's smart, it will never recommend expertise or hit for a tank.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Per Theck a few posts back, Mr. Robot recommends for MDR not CTC by default. Thus Maklesh, it won't always recommend the best CTC option because that's not what you've told it you want.
Digren

Postby Weru » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:13 am

Just wondering if anyone had a Stat Weight setting that better works for CTC?
The changes to the weights now have me loosing 3% CTC and gemming dodge? I'm rather confused by that.

Also wondering if anyone has looked at a Stat Weight set for 5 man farming - with a bit more threat when running with DKs, Mages, and Rogues that kinda go nuts.
ImageImage
Weru

Postby econ21 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:02 am

Weru wrote:Just wondering if anyone had a Stat Weight setting that better works for CTC?

Theck discussed that here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29732&start=300#p668732

Basically, make mastery 3 times as important as it is now.

Also wondering if anyone has looked at a Stat Weight set for 5 man farming - with a bit more threat when running with DKs, Mages, and Rogues that kinda go nuts.

I don't think it is worth trying to make a statistical weighting of threat vs survival. It's apples and oranges. I would just get hit and expertise capped (I only do it vs L85 mobs, so it is quite low cost). I use Licence to Slay instead of my stamina trinket for that. Yappo makes the point that MDR is better than CTC for 5 mans, but that's nothing to do with threat.
econ21

Postby Maklesh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:16 am

Thanks for the quick answers!

What about the 2.08% difference between dodge and parry when it optimises me? Shouldn't the percentages be closer together for DR minimisation?
Maklesh

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Mr Robot is wrong about the drop locations for Moonwell Phial and Lylagar horn Ring.

It incorrectly lists them as quest rewards from Additional Armaments. The Phial comes from Filling the Moonwell. The trinket comes from Calling the Ancients.

Additional Armaments had no upgrades for me - a waste of 5 days' questing. Mr Robot gave me a sad.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Torias » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Digren wrote:Per Theck a few posts back, Mr. Robot recommends for MDR not CTC by default. Thus Maklesh, it won't always recommend the best CTC option because that's not what you've told it you want.

Mr. Robot now has a CTC Preset that you can switch to. :)
Torias

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:27 am

AWESOME!

I went on this today for the first time it was really helpful it helped me fix some reforging issues that I never even noticed. My shoulders were bugged and I never noticed it so it had me un-reforge them and I ended up getting quite a bit of avoidance.

There are still a few things where they are going to argue with you on BiS trinkets, but they also gave a few really good points too. Like I switched my 359 Engi helm to the 378 DPS one I got the other day.

Also I'm switching to mastery elixir and food and now am block capped. Was able to un-reforge my stay of execution so that is even more avoidance. It wants me to put in 20 parry 20 mastery gems, and even more mastery gems when I'm already block capped, but other than that awesome little tool.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

CTC and AskMrRobot

Postby Volitaire » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:16 pm

So I really have come to like AskMrRobot until I hit full CTC. The way I hit CTC was not all gear based as I am a big fan of Elixirs over flasks in most situations and thus I reforged to realize that I had put myself way over CTC. Anyone know a good way of handling this when it comes to reforging? It seems there isn't any option on AskMrRobot to account for this and well simply put I am lazy and don't want to have to do all the work/math myself lol. Thanks!
<Blood Runs Cold> - Stormrage(US) Alliance 10-man 13/13HM
Late Night 12am-3am EST Tues-Thurs, Sunday
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/volitaire
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/Hamstring2568
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ire/simple
Volitaire

Re: CTC and AskMrRobot

Postby Torias » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 am

Mr. Robot is a bit black-boxed in that regard, no there is no way of telling it you are using mastery consumables over the "standard" ones.

Edit: Also there's a consolidated Mr. Robot thread in GD&A further down. :)
Torias

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice