Captain America **Possible Spoilers Alert**

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Captain America **Possible Spoilers Alert**

Postby Punkss2 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:46 pm

So I broke down and went last night for the midnight showing. All I can say is that it....was.....EPIC! I loved it, from start to finish. I thought it was well acted, I loved to references to the other movies to tie all the movies into one plot, and the scene at the end of the credits....AWESOME!!
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Re: Captain America **Possible Spoilers Alert**

Postby Jeremoot » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Is it weird that for some reason I thought this was going to be a thread about Avenger's Shield at first?
Jeremoot

Postby Aerron » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Just got back from seeing it myself. Iron Man (the first) used to be my favorite super-hero movie, Marvel or otherwise.

It has now been replaced. Thinking of seeing CA a second time this weekend.
Aerron

Postby Ghastard » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:47 am

Saw this flick as well. Looking forward to seeing it....again! Hulk has always been my fav character, but Capt. America seems to have finally be done right. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ghastard

Postby Brutalicus » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:43 am

I saw it with a couple of my friends, and they didn't really like it. I don't know what was up their asses, but I loved it! Also, holy hell, so many damn mustaches in that movie.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Brekkie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:33 am

The montage was stupid imo. Really? A montage? Otherwise the movie was great.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:29 am

Crap.. something happened after the credits?

It wasn't the scene where he's in modern NY city is it? If so nevermind then..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Brand » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:23 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Crap.. something happened after the credits?

It wasn't the scene where he's in modern NY city is it? If so nevermind then..

Negative. You have to wait until after all the credits, which went on for a solid 10 minutes, and then there is a scene at the end of that.
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun." - Zap Rowsdower
Brand

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:11 am

OMG - I read a full description of the scene.. I'm going to find it tonight on youtube or something when I get home!!
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:29 am

Shyrtandros wrote:OMG - I read a full description of the scene.. I'm going to find it tonight on youtube or something when I get home!!

That's cheating, the only proper way to absolve your failure is to go see the movie again and sit through the credits this time... :P
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:26 pm

I really wish filmmakers would stop doing post-credit scenes.

It's a nice little bonus, and incentive for people to sit through the credits, but how many people who wait for the scenes actually read through the hundreds of names listed in credits, and there's also the annoying times when you sit through the credits, expecting a scene, and never seeing one.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:18 am

Arnock wrote:I really wish filmmakers would stop doing post-credit scenes.

It's a nice little bonus, and incentive for people to sit through the credits, but how many people who wait for the scenes actually read through the hundreds of names listed in credits, and there's also the annoying times when you sit through the credits, expecting a scene, and never seeing one.

Or they have one even though they aren't anticipating ever making another sequel (I'm looking at you X3...)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Tenaka » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:54 am

Shyrtandros wrote:OMG - I read a full description of the scene.. I'm going to find it tonight on youtube or something when I get home!!

What description did you read? I read one and wasn't bothered. Figured I would wait until the DVD came out but now you have me worried again ....
Tenaka

Postby Brand » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:54 am

Arnock wrote:I really wish filmmakers would stop doing post-credit scenes.

To be fair, it's not as if there are tons of filmmakers out there actually doing it. The majority of them are for comic book/superhero movies, generally as a way to plug the next movie, etc. As for the waiting part, I guess it really depends on how much you value sitting in a seat for an extra 5-10 minutes for what may amount to 2 minutes of an extra scene (potentially). I guess perhaps it's getting your expectations too high thinking there'll always be something afterwards. But if you don't mind waiting, then it shouldn't be a problem I think. I typically don't mind waiting because it's easier to just get out of the theater after everyone's already scrambled just to get out. That and I don't see any inherent loss if I wait and get nothing in return. There's typically nowhere I have to be directly following any movie I go to (save the bathroom).
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun." - Zap Rowsdower
Brand

Postby Astronomic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:42 am

Most of the future avengers have had endings after the credits indicating theyre going to join or the avengers or something of that sort.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum