Remove Advertisements

Interface frames becoming non-interactive - HALP!!!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Interface frames becoming non-interactive - HALP!!!

Postby Loras » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Hey, everyone. In order to not make the post lengthy, I'll just provide a link to the original topic - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2394111809#1

What I have to add - I tried deleting the Data/Cache folder - no success. I disabled as many addons as I could from those who are not so popular or with 'weird' functions - no success (I just can't raid without ANY addon, though, as suggested. I'll just wipe the raid...). Also - that problem seems to be present for 2 more people from my guild at least - different pcs, different UIs, etc. The only addons that each of us could possibly "share" are addons that kind of everyone uses... Atlas, Omen, OmniCC, Recount, DBM/other boss mod, Prat, EPGP, etc (so if it was any of those, many others would've complained).

Any clues? Any help? You're my last hope. It's annoying!
Loras

Re: Interface frames becoming non-interactive - HALP!!!

Postby Raeli » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:35 am

The easiest option to tracking down what it is, is by disabling any addon all of you use, if it still happens, then it's more than likely just coincidence and you all have each a different addon that messes up the Blizzard UI, at which point, you really need to disable all addons and enable them one by one. There is a /taintlog 1 (or 2) command that might help you narrow down this - though since one addon can taint something that another addon uses, and then cause that addon to fuck up, it can appear that one addon is causing taint when that's not the true source, at least as I understand it - but I've not really had to deal with this much, so I don't really know a whole lot about it I'm afraid.
Raeli

Postby Chanserv » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:48 am

I've had the same type of issue, so far I think hermes has been causing my issue... not 100% sure.
Chanserv

Postby Torias » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 am

Pretty sure it's not Hermes (or at least not ONLY caused by Hermes) considering I have the same fault, it just doesn't bother me at all. For whatever reason I was under the impression it's caused by the same taint errors that make placing world markers with an addon so unreliable. But that's just a guess, like I said it doesn't bother me so I don't care to investigate.
Torias

Postby Loras » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:46 pm

It might be something that Hermes interacts with, but for me it's not Hermes either as I dont have it (I actually do now, but got it a week ago and the problem's been here for many months). Also the stupid thing is that I don't get any errors about it - it just happens and stays there until you accidentally find it by trying to operate the specific frame. No LUA error, no nothing.
Loras

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:59 am

Something I noticed a couple days ago that might be related... in the WoW raid interface options I had turned on the horizontal groups option, and it made me unable to select rewards for quests. After turning it off again, I no longer had an issue.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros