Remove Advertisements

Looking for some help with Alysrazor 25M

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Looking for some help with Alysrazor 25M

Postby Sinnic » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:27 pm

(I read a ton here, but don't post very often so if this violates some kind of rule I apologize.)

Hello, I had a few questions about this encounter. We've been working on it for a couple of nights and can't seem to make progress. Also, I was wondering if we were on par compared to other guilds (it doesn't feel like we are dps wise).

Our raid was compromised of:
2 tanks
6 healers
17 dps

WOL logs link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2kky8v0kt65cuq4j/

First, how much damage do the tanks need to be doing to the hatchlings? I'm doing anywhere between 100k-140k DPS to the hatchlings. Should their be any assistance on these hatchlings from a dps? (I see some posts around saying yes and some saying no, looking for a clearer answer). We were using 1 rogue per tank on the hatchlings for ToT on the tanks. We also had 1 affliction warlock dotting both adds.

Secondly, How many dps should be on the initiates? Should there be any melee dps on the initiates for interrupts or should it be all caster interrupts for Fieroblast?

Third, How many melee dps should we be sending up? We could only manage to send up 4, but that seems too light. I've read that you want to send up 6, but our dps can't seem to manage this. Maybe our dps specs / rotation are off? I can't tell from our logs.

Lastly, ideally, what % should we be shooting for after she has 50 energy and 100 energy? Any specific order for healer cooldown rotation that seemed to work for others during the 50-100 phase?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sinnic

Re: Looking for some help with Alysrazor 25M

Postby Kishandra » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Tanks can kill their hatchlings alone if they know what they're doing, spec and gear offensively. They don't have to though. Besides hatchlings and initiates, you can only hit alysrazor half the time if you're on the ground so there's plenty of dps to go around in helping the tanks finishing them off.

You'll want about 6ish melee total, 3 per side. One of them will run over to the newly spawned initiate when the next one comes (it's all scripted so you can predict where they'll spawn 100% of the time.) You'd ideally want melee interrupts since they generally have a much shorter cooldown than ranged (except for those dirty shaman).

You don't need to send any dps up. It helps, but it's nowhere necessary. Keep as much dps as you can on the ground to keep the add spawns in check then send whatever you need upstairs. The usual number is 3. If you send up 6, you barely have any feathers left for the rest of the raid and they are very very good for all casters and healers.

Don't shoot for any percentages per land phase. It doesn't matter. There's no enrage timer to speak of. You beat the fight when you can do a full rotation without dying, then repeat it as many times as necessary. If you want to beat it in 2 rotations, aim for 45%ish hp after the first entire rotation. Anything higher and you'll probably need 3. Don't know if it's possible to get more than 3.
Kishandra

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)