Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Postby Adelbert » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:03 am

So this is a big begginer's guide, but it aways bugged me..

Is it really viable to put 2 points on Hallowed ground and be a consecrate tank? I mean, do we really need all that threat? Or are there better ways to spend those 2 points?

Also, what you guys think about glyph of consecration?

Thanks!
Adelbert

Re: Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Depends on what you're tanking, but I personally cast consecration maybe a dozen times a week. Not worth it.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby darthsuo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Agree. Glyph of Consecration and Hallowed Ground are both wasted, even if you need to aoe tank often.
darthsuo

Postby dirtypally » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 am

im the overkill tank that loves seeing damage all around me. You have to use it smartly especially when cc is around. Kite them back especially is using HotR, gotta love that AOE. I do all the bad things and I love it, I'm not doing raiding and dont really care to either. So I use the SotR instead of WoG and I use Hallowed ground and I might have the glyph i dont really care. I play the game to play, not to be stressed out.
dirtypally

Postby knaughty » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Adelbert wrote:Hallowed ground and consecrate: worth it?

Nope.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Flex » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:24 am

Someone mentioned this a while back.

But on a fight where you need snap and sustained AOE threat 1 point in Hallowed Ground basically allows you to push back using a GCD on judgement for mana regen.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Yes and No.

While leveling as prot, the glyph is very useful - for a limited number of levels.
From when you get it at 22, to when you get HotR at 29.
Consecrate is the first true AoE ability you get and increasing its duration helps a lot.
Once you have HotR though its a bit academic, either run consecrate glyph or holy wrath.

Putting points into hallowed ground isn't really necessary while leveling, the mana cost of consecrate isn't too bad.

At 85: No to the glyph, Sometimes yes to the talent.
I do use Consecrate and 1 point in Hallowed ground while running heroics. Find it handy at times to keep adds better glued to me when I have close to 0% vengeance. Also good for mass AoE farming, but thats about it.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Return to Basic Training & Talents