Remove Advertisements

[10] Ragnaros

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Ragnaros

Postby Juugimus » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 am

Going to be working on this today and had a couple questions for those that have done this fight. I was thinking of glyphing dazing shield as a slow for the adds. Anyone know if our shield daze slows them?

How many adds come out on 10 man? I know 10 come out on 25, I'm hoping there are fewer on 10.

How many stacks do you let the tanks between swapping?

Thanks as always.

Pallies do it in the Light
Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Re: [10] Ragnaros

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 am

Fairly sure no snares work on the Sons, you slow them by dpsing them - once they're below 50% hp they barely move. Since they only have ~165k hp on 10, it's pretty easy for burst dps classes to knock one down to 50% in a couple GCDs, then switch to a different ones.

Knockbacks, stuns and deathgrips work on them though to buy you time, but as long as you put some burstly dps (mages, hunters, warriors) on the ones close to the hammer spawn, and leave DoT dps or healers on the far ones, with tanks doing an intermediate one or two you should be fine - just make sure your burst DPS isn't wasting time killing a mob that below 50% and still miles from the hammer while a different one races to the hammer at full speed.

I'm fairly sure the number of adds is still 10 on 10 man. It's still easier because of how little health they have on 10 compared to 25.

Pally stuns are really nice on the adds you need to AoE too, but I doubt dazing them is useful, even though it probably does work.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Juugimus » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 am

Thanks for the info.

How many stacks do you guys go between tank swaps?

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 am

Can't help you there sorry, not a tank. From our logs (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w7w7 ... 775&e=2406) it looks like around 4 stacks of Burning Wound, sometimes 3, rarely 5.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Juugimus » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks again.

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Arianne » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Burning Wound can be avoided, so the stack numbers will vary. Mostly just swap the tanks when the previous tank's stacks wear off. At the start the first tank takes about 4-5 so that they get through the duration of AW and the 2nd tank taunts just before temp threat is going to wear off.
Arianne

Postby Rokh » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:22 pm

We do 3 stacks in my 10man, it fades hella fast and alot of the times it just falls off from dodges
Rokh

Postby Tamarins » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:28 pm

On 10-man, it's 8 sons of flame. If the hammer is off to either side, the split is two sons on the "short" side of the hammer and six sons on the "long" side of the hammer. If it's in the middle, it's obviously four on each side.

The tank debuff is kinda weird, it seemed to us like sometimes Tank A would gain a fresh stack a couple seconds after Tank B taunted Rag. Either way, don't worry too much about the number of stacks, just taunt when your stack drops. 3-4 is normal, 2 means you got a lucky avoid, 5 means you waited too long.
Tamarins

Postby Repartee » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:48 am

Tamarins wrote:The tank debuff is kinda weird, it seemed to us like sometimes Tank A would gain a fresh stack a couple seconds after Tank B taunted Rag.

This. A quirk randomly occurs. At times it seemed I'd taunt, my co-tank would get the debuff 2 seconds later and me 1 stack 1 second after that.
Repartee

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 am

Pretty sure its both randomly proccing from ragnaro's attacks, and it is delayed by a few seconds to make sure the hit actually was a hit i guess.
Meaning that after youve taunted off the other tank, the last hit he took inflicted Burning wound, then proccing a few seconds later.

On another note, always let the other tank get 3 stacks if you can.
3Stacks will ensure Vengeance keeps stacked.
2stacks and Vengeance drops off very fast, 4 and they keep stacking higher.
Treck

Postby Juugimus » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:46 am

Thanks for all the relies. We pretty much got the first two phases and the first transition down. On the second transition, do any of you leave one Son of Flame at low health up while DPSing Lava Scions or is it too risky in your opinion?

Juugimus
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:19 am

Are you wiping cuz theres to many meteors to fast in p3? then id suggest saving a son while you dps the scions a bit.
Just make sure you instakill it the second raggy jumps up again or he will explode anyway.
If to many meteors isnt a problem, then theres little reason to save a son tbh.
Treck

Postby HammU » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:49 am

We downed Ragnaros last night, here's just a small tip which may help with the last phase. When the meteors start spawning, healing is usually very easy. So if one of our dps gets the meteor he or she instantly hits it in order to let it change it's target. They do that until a healer gets the meteor. We do this with our first 2 or 3 meteors. Because of this, all of our dps can burn all out on ragi without moving even an inch.

Another thing we do is focusing one of the lava scions, and after it dies focus on Ragnaros. The other Scion only gets cleaved / dual-hit by our combat rogue. You get more burn time on Ragi out of this, and the occasional fire debuff is a non-issue, since you just do a few side-steps if you have the debuff. The tankdamage of the Scion is non-threatening.

good luck
HammU

Postby Arincia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:27 am

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to handle phase 2? Our guild can get past the first transition and the first stack up but we seem to always lose people just after that or during the 2nd one when the middle of the room gets the lines and we can't group up and wipe. How do other people handle this? Any suggestions for a cd order for phase 2? (2 prot pallys, 1 holy pally, 1 disc priest, 1 druid. initially thinking barrier+AM first, DG+tranq 2nd, then AM+DG 3rd if we have one)
Arincia

Postby Winkle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:17 am

Arincia wrote:Was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to handle phase 2? Our guild can get past the first transition and the first stack up but we seem to always lose people just after that or during the 2nd one when the middle of the room gets the lines and we can't group up and wipe. How do other people handle this? Any suggestions for a cd order for phase 2? (2 prot pallys, 1 holy pally, 1 disc priest, 1 druid. initially thinking barrier+AM first, DG+tranq 2nd, then AM+DG 3rd if we have one)

I don't quite understand the problem, why exactly can't you group up after the second seeds?
Winkle

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)