Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:41 am

How many Forsaken/Undead characters are there who've been developed? As an Alliance player I can't really name any beyond Sylvanas and Koltira.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:42 am

Levantine wrote:Lilian Voss?

Thank you!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Dantriges » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:53 am

Levantine wrote:How the hell are you going from Horde attacks Alliance to "huge amount of hatred that the orcs have against the humans"?

Well I argued previously that it would make more sense if both factions work together to wipe out the cult and attack Deathwing, but everyone said the other faction is a bigger threat, there are old grudges, etc etc

So we start this debate again?

I hought that after two near genocidal wars, 20 years in internment and now a new war, feelings are a bit high. You probably don´t run around on the battlefield with positive emotions for the enemy, you try to disembowel in hand to hand fighting.

It doesn´t really matter to me if you label it violent dislike or huge hatred.
Dantriges

Postby Shoju » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 am

All this lore talk has me wishing that they would have made Satyr the playable horde faction instead of goblins. That's a storyline I think could have awesome possibilities.
Shoju

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Shoju wrote:All this lore talk has me wishing that they would have made Satyr the playable horde faction instead of goblins. That's a storyline I think could have awesome possibilities.

This!

I would have made a Horde toon is this was the case!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Shoju wrote:All this lore talk has me wishing that they would have made Satyr the playable horde faction instead of goblins. That's a storyline I think could have awesome possibilities.

It would also set up some more interesting intra-race dynamics. The goblins are more of a toy race, like gnomes..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:18 pm

I mean, You have this fantastic race, with interesting models already. I'm pretty sure you could make a case for

Warrior
Hunter
Rogue
Warlock
Mage
Death Knight

Which, would have been a pretty full line up of classes available. I don't even care that they couldn't be healer classes. I would roll one right now.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 pm

halabar wrote:

It would also set up some more interesting intra-race dynamics. The goblins are more of a toy race, like gnomes..

Wow, that's horribly unfair. Goblins and Gnomes are a big part of what makes the Warcraft universe great and sets it apart from other fantasy genre stories.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
halabar wrote:

Wow, that's horribly unfair. Goblins and Gnomes are abig part of what makes the Warcraft universe great and sets it apart from other fantasy genre stories.

Err... well.. if the boot fits, punt away... :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:47 pm

halabar wrote:Err... well.. if the boot fits, punt away... :D

I always think of Southpark when I see a gnome...

Kyle: Kick the baby
Ike: Don't kick the baby!
* punt *

The horde wouldn't take in Satyrs, aren't they part of the Burning Legion?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Corrupted Night Elves, and the Orcs have plenty of experience with demonic corruption, no? I don't know what would make an entire faction of them turn away from the Legion, though.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Dantriges » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:18 pm

The Legion lost two times on Azeroth already, three if you count Kil´Jaeden´s attempt to break through. The final speech of Velen indicated that it would help other worls break free of the Legion´s control or so. Xavius was defeated by Malfurion recently.

Seems taht there is a quest in Felwood where one satyr is turned back.

So perhaps you could make a story that some stayrs saw the writin on the wall and dropped their former allegiances and now try to join the winning team.

If you really want to twist it a bit, perhaps you could let the satyr join the Alliance. The Night Elves are distrustful but inspired by the way how the worgen managed to live with their curse, they give them a chance or so. The ancent ban on arcane magic practiced by night Elves is broken, too.

We really need more members with hooves. :wink:

But well they could also join the Horde.
Dantriges

Postby alayire » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:52 am

Dantriges wrote:
Levantine wrote:How the hell are you going from Horde attacks Alliance to "huge amount of hatred that the orcs have against the humans"?

Well I argued previously that it would make more sense if both factions work together to wipe out the cult and attack Deathwing, but everyone said the other faction is a bigger threat, there are old grudges, etc etc

So we start this debate again?

I hought that after two near genocidal wars, 20 years in internment and now a new war, feelings are a bit high. You probably don´t run around on the battlefield with positive emotions for the enemy, you try to disembowel in hand to hand fighting.

It doesn´t really matter to me if you label it violent dislike or huge hatred.
yet you started this "orcs huge amount of hate for the humans" by contrasting it to blood elves dislike of humans.
one is different for you the other is not.

you are empathizing the blood elves because you are looking for reasons to do so, much as you are looking for reasons to hate the orcs. wait .. it's actually orcs hate humans, it's ok to hate them back :P
if you really must insist, the blood elves are not much different from the taurens in their ties to the horde.
alayire

Postby Hokahey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:36 am

Satyrs as a playable character would be awesome. The primary underlying reason I keep doing stuff in this game is just to make characters that look cool (to me, anyhow), and a Satyr would do just that. I think a strong argument could be made for it, provided there is room in a given expansion's plot.

It couldn't have been this expansion, really. Races of demons and/or corrupted mortals splitting from the Burning Legion is too huge of a plot to be playing in the backdrop for a "mere" planetary menace.

Mind you, it would be really awesome to learn that the players' thwarting the Legion's efforts, and defeating some of their most powerful members, resulted in the organization itself beginning to splinter. The forces of the Burning Legion turning on each other, their sheer destructive force unleashed in their battles for control threatening the existence of *everything*, and the players have to do their best to keep the destruction minimized on Azeroth. THAT would be an epic storyline. It would give us an excuse to have Outlands (and Draenei, by extension)be relevant again, too.

Conveniently, it would also open the door to some really interesting follow up on abandoned storylines, like certain legendary heroes who went through the Dark Portal and disappeared, never to be seen again.
Hokahey

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:00 am

So... if Satyrs end up joining Horde... what would be the Alliance race... Naga?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General